Great job to the Aradune community with SG bots

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stix Man, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Machen New Member

Doesn't matter in DPG's eyes. You're still violating their rules and liable to suspension or banning.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

While true. At least one of the raid boxers seems to have a lot of leeway. There was one guy who boxed entire raids on Coirnav that would use his monks to dragon punch raid mobs of other people and mess up their raids. Nothing happened to them that I know of.

What I don't understand is why on Aradune you are more likely to be banned playing 3 than if you are playing 30.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

No, you're right, it's not. That doesn't mean it isn't suspension worthy though. It's literally giving the guy you are trying to get suspended some ammunition back towards the GM's. "Look they are harassing me." And he will be right.

Don't do stupid things. Follow the rules and keep doing the other things you are doing, and you will achieve what you want. Lots of people support dealing with these boxers, and so they will support your efforts. But the moment you cross the line into being the problem, you lose their support.

Training them won't solve this any faster, so why bother?
    code-zero and Lejaun like this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Well, you did say you were on the case!
  5. PotatoPowa Elder

Son it is not that hard to run through SG. Really truly not that hard. Take you 30-40 seconds. People used to play this game on dialup, do manual corpse runs, and lose items in trade skill containers if they clicked while distracted. You will survive if you have to run through SG manually.
  6. PotatoPowa Elder

Don't inks drop way down in PoP when they begin to drop in additional zones?
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Just going to toss this out there, other than Aradune, nobody has broken any rules in the Deep. The only reason it is breaking rules on Aradune is the 2 box limit. As for the dude selling raid loot. Other than Rizlona, I don't see how anyone can claim to legitimately box a raid on a TLP.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Inks are immaterial as soon as the next distillate becomes available.
    PotatoPowa likes this.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

I had to fight my way through SG for the first time on this TLP, thanks Karen
    chuddaradune likes this.
  10. chuddaradune New Member

I remember those days. I enjoy a lot of the QoL changes that have happened since then. I just felt that picking through SG was also a nice QoL change.
    PotatoPowa likes this.
  11. yerm Augur

The botting will continue until the people funding them stop funding them. New bots will just be created as long as the financial market persists. So maybe instead of getting your dumb self suspended for training a botter who can easily make up the xp and has no ties to the account, instead, you focus your anger on the people buying kronos and blame them for causing all the rmt bots.
    code-zero and chuddaradune like this.
  12. a_librarian Augur

Yes what you need to do is attempt to change human nature in a huge dispersed group of people.

If you think that your post offers something meaningful in the conversation about hacks and bots I politely ask you to reconsider.
  13. PotatoPowa Elder

Bots are back in sirens as I type this.
  14. Silver-Crow Augur

What you have to remember is Aradune is a Sub only server, so while yes the botter can make up the xp easily... he has to burn a krono for every new account he creates.

As long as the community policing persists, it becomes dubious value to keep recreating bot accounts and levelling them up... especially if they're not covering their krono overheads. It doesn't take too many months of this cycle for the bot squads to go do something else.
  15. Triconix Augur

You cannot condemn violations of the EULA and take action that is also a violation of the EULA. It just doesn't make any sense. A vigilante that fights crime is still breaking the law and would be arrested, regardless of public perception of him being a "good guy."

If you want to properly get rid of violators, you must go through the proper channels.

This sub never ceases to amuse me with their incongruous logic and cognitive dissonance. People who break the rules are horrible for the game! *proceeds to break the rules* and complains about it because they believed punishment was only for malevolent behavior rather than self-perceived benevolent behavior.

Guess what! Dexter is still a murderer even though he only murders "bad guys"!
  16. Stix Man Elder

I don't see the botters as real people. They are NPCs.

Disrupting them at least delays them. We send petitions and videos but they still get from lvl 20 to 60 and start farming SG before anything is done. So, why not delay their leveling process to give customer service more time to get them.

I am not advocating straight up training them, but there are plenty of ways to slow them down.

The low levels they do seem to leave unattended quite often. Probably less care if they get in trouble. It's a #s game for them. Send out a bunch of lvling teams and see which ones get lvl 50+ without getting suspended. The higher lvls he seems to be more cautious of and only levels at certain times now.

The fact that we all see the new 7+ groups leveling and we see that the effort has paid off is great. Keep visiting velks, chardok, SG and anywhere else they frequent. Their lvl 1-20 is paludal caverns. I know they go to lower guk from like 35-45. I assume velks is the next stop after Lower guk and then sebilis/chardok after that? Not sure what is between paludal caverns and lower guk.

I saw their trader selling droga/nurga salts so I wonder if that's one of their spots too.

We have seen that something has changed with the company. This is the first massive ban wave on these people in years. I am willing to be patient with their 2nd ban wave. We know they got hurt and we know they will be back in force. We have multiple people keeping track of all of his bot teams. They are not hard to distinguish from the regular people, luckily. Especially since all the new toons were made within the same few days at the start of April. Extremely easy to walk around nexus and bazaar and just look at all the stupid named anon toons with the same gear. Turns out when you afk farm chardok, seb, velks for months, you just have spare 60 of every item and all your toons have the same crap.

It certainly feels good knowing that he/they are scared, for once.They lost a chunk of lvl 60s with 200+ AAs and gear/epics. That is a huge success. They will need to get back on track to be ready for planes of power. So, just be aware and vigilante. They are not going to go away that easy. But, their plan was 6+ months of having the same toons. So, them having to rush make new toons and exp/AA/gear is amazing to hear.

If all they do is level toons to 60 and hide them before pop, that would be quite the success. But, we all know they will continue to be greedy and as soon as more of their toons hit 60, we'll see more AFKing in SG/chardok.

The 2 groups in SG that people saw last night/this morning were his 2 fresh lvl 60 groups. From people who are keeping track of his toons, most of them aren't 60, yet. But, these were his 2 highest lvl groups and all they did was do 1 pick overnight. We're hurting them for sure.
  17. Rhythar Augur

The proper channels are broken. 99% of the times that I report an overboxer the GMs just mark it as solved without actually enforcing the rules. Despite the recent ban wave, most of the overboxers I know about are still active on the server.
  18. Triconix Augur

Then if you are so adamant on this topic and wanting to rid the server(s) of bots, advocate a change to a process. Get the community involved and working with DW and crew. You don't become some vigilante thinking you're doing the game some service. All you're doing is breaking the rules and setting yourself up to get in trouble.

There's always a right and wrong way to go about getting change. What's currently being condoned is NOT the right way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
  19. Paladin42069 New Member

^ this guy bots hard
    Edvvard likes this.
  20. Triconix Augur

hahahaha I would literally be the worst botter ever using the same forum name as my IN GAME NAME with my MAGELO posted in every post for all to see. That's like giving an assassin your personally registered handgun and expecting the cops to not find you.

But, yes, throw out empty accusation, New Member Paladin42069. What a lovely moniker. You're not even moral enough to use your real name and instead cower behind some ridiculous anonymous name. You're not even worth my time.

No, I don't bot. I condemn it with everything in my being. I have left guilds for leadership's lack of action against known botters. Probably more than you can say.

The difference between the talking heads of this thread and I is that I actually take action that doesn't break the rules.