Great job to the Aradune community with SG bots

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stix Man, Apr 1, 2021.

1. TLP Addict Augur

I was getting Inks for 19-20pp regularly while the bots were active.
  2. Bullsnooze Augur

Thank you for taking care of that Dark Paw staff. :)
  3. Yonson Lorekeeper

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha gonna do, Whatcha gonna do when Doop comes for you!
  4. Rhythar Augur

SG bots spotted leveling in Paludal Caverns.
  5. Doop New Member

Hey Rhythar,

I'm not online for weekends so I'd like to ask folks to try to report these botters if you ever see them yourself. They are gonna try to come back but if we knock em out a few more times, they will lose a lot of money and spirit and return to the CHUDy holes they came from.

PM if you need any tips on what to do :)
  6. Zinkeh Augur

I don't really play anymore but it's great to see folks taking action against these guys. Mangler was all but ruined by the guy and his 210 box botter army with 3 PoT raids going at once, waking the sleeper, teleporting around and killing OW targets, etc. He got a 100% pass from Darkpaw on all of this. Hell he spent 24/7 all of classic and kunark at the LR Hill giants with 9 necros and sat farming Circlets of shadows for months without so much as a slap on the wrist.

Why some of these pro botters get a pass while some guy macroing Feign death somewhere gets a suspension is beyond me.
  7. Doop New Member

You gotta report them. They are slippery and not stupid so you can't just expect them to get caught by the guards so to speak. Also, it seems like the new management at DPG isnt taking this stuff lightly anymore.

Btw, I got a chance to check PC and those were not bots. Botters are pretty distinct. You won't see them with surnames or vanity items.
  8. Rhythar Augur

The guys in PC (they're gone now) definitely belonged to one of the big 50+ overboxing guilds that farmed Siren's Grotto. One of them was a PoK warper from a previous 12-box group in SG. The rest I had previously seen in the Bazaar huddled up with SG bot traders. All 7 were being controlled by one person.

Maybe they saw this post and ran off? They're all still online. Is it a good idea to post sightings here? I always report overboxers, but I think it usually takes multiple people to stop a cheater.
  9. Doop New Member

Ya they must have run away. Don't worry about scaring them off by posting here or discord. Making them afraid is a big win :)

Keep track of their names and send me a DM here, a tell in game, or w/e since we can't post em here. I'm on mornings to afternoon PST on weekdays.
  10. Lienberg New Member

There is definitely not 4 groups of them in SG on Mangler right now :)
  11. Monksy New Member

Can anyone confirm if these bot armies are being/were banned?

I quit a month ago because of it and I'm refusing to go back until Darkpaw at least acknowledges the issue. The silence accompanied with continuation of these bot armies made it genuinely feel I was giving money to a company that didn't care about the game's future or player's concerns.
  12. Zapsos Augur

They will never acknowledge it publicly, even if they take action and ban the lot, so if that's what you are waiting for you are waiting in vain.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Rhythar Augur

SG bots spotted in Old Sebilis. Same ones that were in Paludal Caverns. More SG bots spotted in Velketor's Labyrinth.
  14. Doop New Member

Yup, they are all back but hopefully not for long.

They can be found in Chardok as well.

They are easy to find. All are anon with single names ( no surnames ). All of their groups are basically identical as well: 1 monk, 1 cleric, 1 enchanter, 1 warrior, 1 druid, and 1 beastlord/shaman.

When you approach them, they will just stand still and stop pulling. If you log out and log back in after awhile, you can catch them right in the middle of their scripts. Their scripts will also activate if a mob aggros them but I do not recommend that route as I just got a 7 day suspension for training them so they are clearly trying to fight back, albeit poorly.

Please take some time out of your days to stop by and visit these botter locations and capture what information you can about and send in your reports.

Thank you!
  15. Rhythar Augur

Not cool, GMs. People who 60-box aren't allowed to play on Aradune at all, let alone request GM assistance to help them keep cheating.
  16. Machen New Member

But no one ever reported them in the ~three years they were active, until YOU took matters into your hands. Do you really think the rest of the EQ playerbase are going to pick up that ball when you aren't around?
  17. Machen New Member

People who intentionally train people who play on Aradune are also not allowed to play on Aradune, or anywhere else. Thanks.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Rhythar Augur

Training to stop a warping, automating, 60-boxer on a 2-box server who's been breaking the rules for months is not the same thing as training some random player you're mad at.
  19. Doop New Member

Uh hey, .....go away.

You are not comprehending the conversation being had here and/or are some kind of useless troll.
  20. Machen New Member

Uh hey, ... no.