ToV Named Spawns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Accipiter, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I spent about 10 hours Saturday and Sunday in TOFS. I spent most of that time on the 3rd floor trying to get Cara Omica to spawn. I finally got bored there and moved to the 5th floor where I tried to get the Dark Huntress to spawn. Nada. Zip. Not a single named in 10 hours. Now I find out that we were actually supposed to get increased rares this weekend.

I'm well aware of the RNG biting us now and then, but this seems really bad. Is the named spawn rate this bad in all of ToV T2, just TOFS, or just a bad run on the RNG?
    Alena likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

I've camped cara like 4 times, all times were really rough 4+ hour camps. The spawn rate on her would surely seem screwed up or intentionally lower than other names in the same zone, and a lot of other anecdotes I've heard seem to agree.

Heard some horror stories about dark huntress too, but in the 3 or so times ive camped her I didn't have too horrible of a time with any.
    Accipiter likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Sounds like I picked the wrong two mobs to camp. Hopefully that's all it is.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Soon after release, a number of the ToV named spawns had their rate of appearance adjusted, including those in ToV. Dark Huntress was one that definitely had a lower rate post-change (she was pretty common pre-change ... not as bad as Deacon was ... that one just chain spawned). It was masked a little by the fact that the 5th floor was a very popular spot so the mobs definitely got churned a lot. She definitely spawns less, but if you're keeping the outer rooms clear, it would be a rare session (3+ hours) that I did not see her at least once.

I never camped Cara pre-change, but I do remember several folks commenting that her spawn rate went through the floor after the change.

I've never felt they've done the math properly on spawns that have multiple phs and it always felt like post-change, the multiple ones spawn too rarely compared to others, at least in ToV.
    Skuz and Accipiter like this.
  5. Qimble Augur

I've done a ton of hunters camps with folks, and none seems to really have a consistently bad spawn rate for multiple people. While the named Kobold in upper dawgs in Velks took us probably 30-40 hours when we were first doing our hunters, we have also had it spawn in less than 6. (and have talked to people who got it to spawn in under an hour) Dark huntress took us 30 minutes, (and I think the second time she took less than an hour) but I've had guildies who spent days/week camping her.

On average I would expect to spend 2-3 hours per named camp. But for a lot of them you can be clearing PHs for multiple nameds at once, so progress feels pretty quick until you get down to just doing single spawns.
    Accipiter likes this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I could never get Cara Omica to spawn. I spent a week in ToFS. The only time I managed to get her for my hunter's checkmark was thanks to a server reset respawning everything.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

GD named were aweful over the weekend. Took us 2 4 hour sessions (Sunday and Monday) to get Longshanks to spawn. In the same session Blizzent spawned 3 times each day. A few others in zone were complaing about named not poping.

All named are not equal
    Duder, Alena and Coagagin like this.
  8. Jokskilove Palzerker

I was camping D'dee the Chilled in ToFS. Saw named twice over 4 sessions, each a couple of hours.
    I later spent some time in GD in the Laima Ratgur camp and saw Laima twice over 4 hours.
    Seeing that the Spring Holiday bonus mentioned increase in rare spawns, it didn't feel much like an increase at all.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Qimble Augur

And yet longshanks has been easier for me and blizzent harder. lol
  10. Jokskilove Palzerker

It's difficult to get a large enough sample size to see if there is an increase or not, but judging by those in guild who was trying to camp nameds, I didn't get a sense that any were feeling particularly lucky, considering the announcement that there should be increased rare spawns.
  11. Zinth Augur

comparing a hunter raid before the increased spawn vs. a hunter raid during the increased spawn, only 1 mob fealt easier... Blizzent... the rest still took quite a while to get and the second raid didn't even finish, where as the first raid did... amount of time was about equal, but a couple groups less in the raid during increased spawns
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I moved to 6 and got a few Deacon spawns. Of course, when I logged in someone was downstairs and both Dark Huntress and Cara Omica were up. :eek:
  13. Sappas Journeyman

Which room are you guys camping? I spent a TON of time trying to get Cara Omica to spawn in that bottom room (Dinner table room). We are talking on and off over the course of several weeks. At least 10 hours total. I never did get it there.
    However, I then moved to the top room (bedroom) and got it on the 2nd round. I went back another time to help someone else and did the middle room (blood pool room) and we got it within an hour. Then 2 seconds after that one died another popped in the room.
    While my experience may just be the RNG, if you are camping that bottom room then maybe try one of the others just in case.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I was camping the first room with two ph spawns (used to be the cook room in old TOFS?) and the one yearning drovlarg.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I've been camping Cara again, this time in the room with the 6 zombie spawns and one yearning zombie. I have had no issues spawning Cara. Five kills, five cloaks. Still waiting for the 2HS. So my initial problem was just lousy RNG.