Account to account transfers... when?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Donroy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Womble New Member

Would love an answer on this, like many I want to hive off a character to a separate account so I can two box more effectively.

If it is never going to happen please say so but more than willing to pay for the service!
  2. Zinth Augur

yeah same, I had my bard with epic etc. on one account, made another alt/box there... now I would like to use BOTH... but they are on same account... so being able to take my already invested in char and move it over to one of my other accounts would have been nice.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

It's already been said that account-to-account transfers aren't coming back anytime soon, if at all. If you want proof, search the forums.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

There are no plans to bring back account to account transfers at this time.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Just to clarify, this wasn't posted by the dreamweaver from our time. This dreamweaver came back from the future to post this because he knows there aren't plans at "this" time, but that there are in his time. He can't tell us that, because time travel is really top secret and stuff, but he's pretty much giving us all the clues. I didn't want anyone to give up hope or stop asking for an answer just because they gave us an answer...
    dreamweaver likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Not sure why these thread topics keep popping up and don't just get locked with the statement Dreamweaver supplied.

Its like the PvP threads, the answers are already there.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, this has been answered by Roxxy, JChan and now DW but I can guarantee it will raise its ugly head again in a month or so. Even if they updated the info under the help area it would not make a difference
  8. KrakenReality Augur

He just says at this time. You’re complaining about feedback requests on the official forums. If, people don’t ask then they won’t ever see the changes. Stop whining, you have to glance at topics.
  9. dreamweaver Community Manager

I think of it as a conditional "never" the conditional part being, I can't see the future or know if someone will change their mind at some point. But "at this time" means "Not looking great Jim."
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That's exactly what I would say if I came back from the future and didn't want anybody to know. Just saying...
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

:cool:
    Boze likes this.
  12. ExecutionDbl9 Druid / Shadow Knight / Necromancer

If it's never, I understand. It's disappointing, because I would love to get a character from my old account and bring it to my current account, but I can understand it.

But if that's the case, then the main webpage needs to be updated immediately. This implies that it is planned to be brought back and is currently being worked on.

"Account to Account Transfers are currently unavailable. Unfortunately we still don't have an ETA to give at this time. We're likely still a couple of months away, but that is a very rough estimate which is subject to change. We are working on the tech needed to re-enable them, but are a ways out from this solution."
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

Could one of you DM me a direct link to where that language is?
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

It was sent to me, thanks everyone.
  15. Gremin Augur

Great now they are going to go have that language changed. I do not understand why they are not looking to fix this so account to account can be done. You, Daybreak, are losing out on a lot of cash.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I doubt it. Cost to develop: 1 dev, 1 QA, managers, etc... let's be super aggressive and say 3 months. That's at least $50,000 in salaries and that number doesn't include supporting roles. At $25 per transfer (I forget the actual cost) that's 2,000 minimum transfers to recoup. I doubt they are leaving anything on the table.
  17. Machen New Member

I don't think we have any clue how long it would take to develop. 3 months of ~3 full time staff seems a lot more than what should be needed though. Since it's account to account, you don't have to even deal with some of the issues that server transfers do, name changes etc. Even so, I wouldn't be surprised if there were enough pent up demand to see 2000 transfers in pretty short order. I can think of at least two times in the last six months that I would have plunked down $25 if it had been an option.

I suspect there's more likely a strategic reason they won't reinstitute this, related to rmt and account selling, than simply a financial or logistical reason.
  18. EternalNewb Journeyman

I think you are overlooking some key streams of revenue.

1. Characters can be transferred to new accounts. Instead of someone boxing 4 accounts they add the fifth. New monthly subscriptions add a lot of revenue (potentially).
    2. Might buy more items from the cash shop. Heirloom items are still limited to one account. Someone might buy more mounts for the second account, character slots, or mercenary slots.

I think one issue that might prevent transfers is that a lot of accounts have been "passed down" over the years. Proving the original owner might be tricky for some. For example wife and husband each have account and transfer may not be possible in "current" transfer rule set.
  19. Xeris Augur

People assuming they know Deb salaries and how this stuff works. We have no clue. One things that's strange though is that... IT EXISTED, and now doesn't.

When Agnarr came out in May 2017... I know the service was available. I transferred a char on my main acc to a box acc sometime in June or July of 2017.
  20. Febb Augur

We don't even know if they have a developer named Deb. I'm assuming that is short for Debbie and Debbie probably wouldn't share how much she makes.

All joking aside, I don't think it's strange the service no longer exists. If you think about it, it probably required someone to make sure the accounts both belonged to the original account holder which requires peeling someone away from other duties which are higher priority and having them investigate. This is probably done through their CSR department which has downsized through the years due to layoffs. So in order to halfway still pay attention to their customers they have rid themselves of several services.