Are we actively trying to flush this game down toilet?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Nolrog Augur

Usually for people in wheelchairs.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Nah, they have moved to passive flush. The process is now on cruse control:(
  3. Moege Augur

Characters are kicked from the world to a second when the subscription lapses. I really do not know why they got the idea to remove the info.
    Fenthen and Metanis like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Using the Marketplace also looks at account info, maybe they could add it back there, it has to be pulling current info from EQ accounts or it wouldn't know how much SC is on the account.

I can understand logging in for days on end and skipping the patcher means the account doesn't have current information, but there are times when the info should be correct, even if the account has been logged in for a while.
    Fenthen and Metanis like this.
  5. Laronk Augur

I've seen people in wheel chairs use escalators but it always seems so sketchy to me
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

In any case, the image of seemingly fit people using an escalator to go into a gym is still amusing.
    Laronk and Skuz like this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

While it is amusing, I'm surprised nobody else came up with the most likely explanation.... there are probably other stores to the left and right. Not everyone going up is going to the fitness place.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

It should be part of the gold subscription. You know, the exact time it'd be actually useful.
  10. Littlelegs Elder

Are we actively debating the reason for existence of escalators?

All-aboard the nonsense train baybbeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have always been confused about this... Why do people find that information useful if you have a subscription? :confused:
    Are there some countries where automatic recurring subscriptions doesn't work and you have to manually pay each month?

I have always found the "days left" counter completely useless(and a tiny bit immersion breaking)...

I have no experience with krono, but if your krono runs out, can't you just click a new krono and play on? I mean, what is the big deal? :confused:
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

When your time runs out you are immediately disconnected from the game. If you're the main tank or healer in your group, guess what? Group wipes. It's 100% annoying to have ZERO notification in-game that your krono click will run out. Not a 1-day notice, not a 1-hour notice, no 30-second countdown as if you were camping. Just boom, black screen, gone. Then you log back in with your gear all yellow, click another krono, and are at like 20% mana/endurance and have to med it all back. =p

I make enough in-game money that I can pay for all my subs with Krono. Unsure why I would want to pay for a recurring subscription ever again.

I also like Krono because if I am planning a trip for a week, I can let my accounts all lapse for awhile, no longer paying for time I'm not using. I did that over Christmas when all of my raiding guilds were taking time off due to schedules/holidays etc.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Jumbur like this.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

Honestly, they don’t care enough to make the most out of EQ. Dreamweaver in response to my suggestion that they need to pump the anniversary hype earlier and more often was that they’re not in the business of creating the most single sign ons. How much more of a signal that EQ is in cruise control than not caring about getting people to play on the same day.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Sounds like a compromise could be to not disconnect the player immediately, but to make a popup warning 15 mins in advance, or to only disconnect the player at next zone-change(might be exploited though)...
    I agree that a kick without a warning is not user-friendly at all.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Sprained wrist hurts New Member

How terribly inconvenient! I'm sure the devs will see this thread and get on top of the issue.
  16. Perador New Member

Excuse me sir, I was raised by escalators
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

I hate to say it, but...

"I've developed an irrational fear of escalators.
    I always find myself taking steps to avoid them."
    Fanra likes this.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Is there more people coming to everquest? trying to figure out this lag problem i basically play eq for the baz and overseer that is it and im trying to put a trader it tries to start for 1 plus minute then says it failed real annoying!

Andarriel
  19. Zamiam Augur

they must of combined a few TLP servers with live .. I play on bertox and were getting alot of peeps from selos coming in ..

Our general channel which usually had around 2 -300 peeps in it on weekends now is got 400 and general1 now has close to 300 also ..

I've also noticed a bit more lag and the zones even emtpy zones in older expansions like EoK (not referring to FM) has 20+ peeps in them ..

for the moment im chalking it up to the bonus weekend and of course Anniv .. once those are over hopefully it will die down a bit ..

however , I really wish DB didnt merge the server especially with a TLP those peeps are just annoying AF .. ;)
  20. SunDrake Augur

What a friendly way to welcome a new raid guild to your server.