QA In Progress Email verification is broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mack3, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Mack3 New Member

Can a dev please take a look at email verification process, it keeps going in a loop. this has been like this for over 24hrs.

E-mail Verification Failure

We apologize, but there has been an error verifying your e-mail address.
    FrozenWater, Mortox, Nennius and 4 others like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Not devs, platform support. PM dreamweaver or open a petition.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They can't open the petition because it won't let them verify the email to make the petition.

It was suggested they at least post it here since there are quite a few having issues with this and while Dev's won't fix it I have seen them forward problems like this to the dept that can help.
    Mack3 likes this.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

We do forward things to the appropriate departments that aren't specifically in the devs perview.
    Fanra and CatsPaws like this.
  5. Squishyogre New Member

so how long does it take for some to clear this up or fix it so we can play on that account ? been waiting since Friday with nothing back?
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. LoungeLizard New Member

Having a similar problem, created a new account clicked on verify email, got an email, clicked on that to verify & was sent to the email preferences page & submitted - email still not showing as verified after multiple cycles through that process.

On launcher all I get is:

[IMG]

On support Page

[IMG]
  7. Mack3 New Member

Yes, this is very frustrating, i lost 5 krono as i tried to pick up some out of the krono slot and they lagged out , spammed me the red krono failed slot text and poofed gone for good.

i tried to petition, says must verify email, tried to do so and fails. so i cant even petition for my krono to be returned. this was Sunday it seems to be taking days.

I would think that they could be losing a ton of purchases in their store and alienating new customers due to what seems to be a simple process on most websites. i surprised its not a priority.
  8. Mack3 New Member

Still broken. Any ETA please? i still cant petition, due to email verification is broken.
  9. Winlulu New Member

Same issue for me.

Haven’t played in 20 years. Was so delighted to see Everquest was still alive. But now so bummed that I’m blocked.

Please help
  10. Dain family New Member

Email verification still broken. Coming back to EQ from forever ago with some friends would like to pay you guys money... but would also like to access my old pcs.
  11. Hegsheoshed Augur

Perview sounds Prawn related. Mayhaps thou meant purview?
    dreamweaver likes this.
  12. Hegsheoshed Augur

Prawn was supposed to be P R0n but I guess any spelling of it doesn't appear if it is all together as one word.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah "perview" made me think of this joke.

"The lady that lives across the street from me said I was a bit of a looker, well actually the word she used was "voyeur" but I still took it as a compliment". - Gary Delaney
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

that would be correct, I didn't even notice that typo.
  15. Winlulu New Member

Any eta on fix?
  16. Dain family New Member

Still not working. Unable to submit ticket.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

has anyone tried make a new free account with a different email address to file the petition about the unable to verify on the first accounts?
  18. Winlulu New Member

I tried that.. You can't file a ticket until your email address is verified. And since email verification is broken.. The forum is the only avenue for help. My tweet went unanswered. If anyone has a work around would love to know..
  19. Sylph New Member

Try changing your email address.

So I just went through the same problems with an alt account trying to petition for a different reason, kept getting email can not be verified messages. I tried to verify the account going to a yahoo email like 10 times and kept getting errors, changed the email on the account to a gmail address my main account is on and it verified instantly. The only thing I can think of is there is a problem verifying emails from certain addresses.
    Dain family likes this.
  20. Winlulu21 New Member

Oh wow. Thanks. @gmail worked. both @me and @outlook had the issue..