Fixed Internally Overseer quests disappearing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by dreadlord, May 22, 2020.

1. GoneFission Augur

I have had a couple tasks disappear since the patch, but I’ve actually had more return than I’ve lost.

Yesterday I had one 12 hour green task complete, and it only had one agent in it. I have no idea if all the others were returned or lost. It was full when I started it. Weird.
  2. TreeBarrk New Member

All 4 accounts of mine are loosing quests. Sometimes all 5 quests are gone. I have zero failed quests. Tonight I assigned 5 quests on all accounts and logged completely out and rebooted my machine. Logged back in not more than 10 minutes and all accounts had missing quests. I rinsed and repeated, till all 4 accounts had 5 quests when logging back in. Had to do this three times on 1 account to see 5 quests. Good grief.

It's odd when all 5 quests are gone and you have 2 recovery quests available.
  3. Ratalthor Developer

Can anybody still affected by this issue please PM me your character name, server, and roughly when you experienced this bug?
  4. Moak The Most High

I would but in order to do that you would have to fix the problem where no matter what account i try to log in on it only logs on this account- kind of sucks to have 6 more level 115 toons i can't even access
    Miminona likes this.
  5. Froglok Augur

This is the same thing that seems to have been happening all along.

Whatever changes were made to Overseer to address this issue did not change this happening.

If you play Overseer everyday, twice a day (zone, camp and back, switch toons... in between... like real players will be doing), you will see this happen once in a while.

I sometimes see it after staring 5 quests. After I log and come back next day, I might see 1 or 2 quests seem to have disappeared.

However, in the next Overseer cycle, I might see those 2 missing quests re-appear.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Download another copy of EQ and it will put a second icon on your desktop and use that.

OR

Take the "X" off the account names on the patch screen - this will force it so you have to type in the name for one time instead of clicking
  7. Jondalar Augur

I suddenly had 8 quests ready to click finish on yesterday.
  8. Scila Augur

PM sent Ratal thank you!
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Could someone post a screenshot of what a failure looks like?
    Nilwean likes this.
  10. Scila Augur

The only "fails" I have are from when it started and I "bought" items to finish early. Since then I have had 0 fails on either account. One account stands at 0 fails. Just poofed and occasionally reappearing quests.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I wonder if a fail only happens when every agent is disabled. IOW the group wiped.
  12. Moege Augur

Check next time you see one coming back, the fails is listed in quest.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ive been watching for weeks and not seen a fail.
    I dont think ive had any since the very beginning of overseer.
    Could you post a screenshot so I know what you mean?
  14. Moege Augur

Click current running quest, See where it says Incapacitation Risk on each agent, if an agent fails there is a different message there on completion
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok yea I know about incapacitation. I dont think thats what anyone meant by fail. You can have one or more agents incapacitated without the quest failing. Of course everyone here has seen that plenty of times. What I meant was that it may be that the very few quest fails are due to ALL agents on the quest being incapacitated - like a party wipe. That would explain why it seemed like most havent had any quest fails since beginning. A quest with 2 agents is more likely to have a wipe than a quest with 3 or more agents. OTOH someone that is still having quest fails at this point may be choosing the quests that use only 2 agents and have a higher chance of wipe.

So again, if someone does get an actual quest fail please screenshot it and post it here. It seems like there may be some confusion about what exactly is a "fail", and a screenshot would clarify.
  16. Kelea New Member

While I have had a few quest disappear since the last fix, I had something new happen tonight. I was in a zone playing with a friend and had just "collected" my 5 quests for the night while we were chatting, the rewards were still in the rewards window waiting to be sorted through. I had started 2 new quests and we needed to zone before I got the other three done. I minimized all the windows and ported to the lobby. When I landed the 2 new quests were there along with 3 of the ones I had already claimed ready to be collected again. The rewards that I had already collected also still showed in the rewards window.

I left them in the active window unclaimed and camped and they were still there when I returned. The rewards from the original collections were too. I have left them untouched if anyone would like to take a look.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Just had a quest vanish. This still being looked into?
  18. GoneFission Augur

I sent Ratalthor a couple messages, one for a mission vanishing, and another fora mission that returned successful with no agents still in the mission.

I’d had one earlier with one agent in mission, but this one was empty. I left it in the queue in case it helps.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ive been watching for failed missions lately. Took a while, but in the last few days Ive spotted 2. Both of them had the first agent incapacitated. So Im thinking maybe that the agent you need to have to start the quest cant become incapacitated or you fail.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Wouldn't it be funny if like 50,000 people PMed him?

It happens every day to hundreds to thousands of people. Revert what you changed, you made it worse.