Unity HA torn pages...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Got to do Unity tonight, and got one page to drop, in 44 kills. Seems pretty slow, especially considering you have to get 7 different pages, not just 7 pages total.

What are others seeing? Drop rate about the same, or did I just have a bad RNG?
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think it was 190 for our group. Try to keep killing in the same instance so you dont get duplicates.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I have found you have to come pretty close to killing all the gnolls in the mission to get all 7.

I have some theories about streamlining, but I haven't gotten all 7 pages enough to test properly.

For example, first time I did the zone, I got two page drops from the top level mobs. Since then, have never seen a page drop from these ... so I can tell you that it's better to start lower when killing ... but obviously my own experience is not 100 percent on that ...
    -----Cinexa----- and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Kelset Elder

Four of the seven on my first run through but missed a section of gnolls I found on the second run through. Also killed all the snakes and razorgills but no drops from them. Not sure if they're eligible or not but so far none.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

we killed all but like 8 or 10 to get our feathers..

now, I know some devs like obscure easter eggs, could this be like " a feather in your hat" type of thing from the custom of establishing the success of a hunter, if you got the kills, you got a feather to adorn your hat/cap/headpiece?

they just want us to kill the gnolls completely?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It may take a while but you do get it for an entire group at once and considering that they are tradeable and can be pre looted I don't think it is that bad.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

First run we did we got all 7, but the important part is that there were no duplicates. When I helped a group that had quit a mission and was going back to complete the set they were getting duplicates. I think that means that each page is assigned to a random gnoll at the start of the mission, rather than being a random drop determined at the death of a gnoll. So I say dont quit a mission unless you are sure you killed all of the gnolls.
    Laurana, Fenthen and nitrocutter like this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

All 7 pages will drop in the mission. Its just random how many kills it will take you. Yesterday I killed every mob except about15 to get my pages. Ran it again today and was maybe just over half the mobs in the zone to get the pages.
  9. Traxen Lorekeeper

I wouldn't mind having to clear the zone if the exp was decent but exp here is worse than upgraded Sebilis. It is the worst in the game.
    tanith and Fanra like this.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I'll be honest ... if it was good xp, the QH campfire issue would be massively ridiculous instead of just ridiculous.

The fact that all group members get feathers >>> poor xp in zone. You only have to do once. Pages are just for the feather bonus and are not part of the regular mission.
    Qimble likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

You literally have to do it one time. That is it.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

You spelled "Top 5 aug" incorrectly.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you don't need a single page in order to farm the aug drops from this mission.
  14. Rolaque Ancient

We did on Tuesday as a group, combining named spawning and pages by clearing to each commander. If no named, then we re-got the mission, and did it again. Took about four or five runs to get all 7 pages; got no duplicates, same player looted all the pages. Granted, poor exps, but it didn't take very long to mow through trash and kill commanders.
  15. Mazame Augur

If you look at the Dinner party mission for the aug or the tent mission for the trophy they were the same way the intent is to have you clear the zone or at least 80+% of it. If you have a full group you can clear it in 30 min to 2 hour depending on your DPS.

I remember when the Dinner party was 1st out it took some people 5-6 hours to clear and it only rewarded 1 aug. This mission takes 30 min to 2 hour to clear but gives everyone the feather.

If your soloing it it may take longer but the page are tradable / and don't poof on logging to so can save them up over time and then do the turn in.

You can also trade with others. If your flipping the mission for the name you will get a few pages to drop and often the ones you get will be different then others so trade with them.

over all I think the mission is well balanced.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Would take me probably 3+ hours to clear everything, and I just don't play that long at one time, and the mission is timed.

Oh well, I'll probably wind up with dupes, and will hopefully be able to trade for the ones I need. And, as said, you only have to do it once for the whole group.

Thanks for the responses.
    Svann2 likes this.
  17. Karhar Dream Crusher

To get my feather at 2:10am on tuesday, it took 150 gnolls to finish the mission. Lately just been going in and getting atleast one or two pages per run while trying to get named, also had 2 pages drop from one gnoll.
  18. Roxas MM Augur

we cleared out the whole zone, and literally the last mob we killed ( had to pet pull it through the wall of the section that's only used for a raid) dropped the last page... thankfully we had a tracker in group though, we'd never had found those last 2.
  19. CazRa New Member

Have done this two times (will do more) and have not gotten any doubles, I have only gotten 1 of each page. I don't think you can get doubles at all, yes you need to clear most of the zone but they will drop.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, you can get doubles. I had to put them on another player in the group since they are lore.