Test Update 03/04/2021 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 4, 2021.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Test was updated this afternoon. This was in preparation for our Live update next week and there are no additional patch notes.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The patch notes were the same as March 2nd.

Did anything to test change?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Selo_Guy New Member

Is there a reason you can't consolidate these patches? This is the third in a week. It hoses interfaces every time.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How does this happen? They don't break UI's that often.
    Svann2, Sancus and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I'm not having any issue with my custom UI so I am curious as well.
  6. Tadenea Augur

welcome to Test, used to be alot worse
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The 2nd was the normal "consolidated" patch, but something came up that required another patch. I don't have those details, but yes, this can happen to test servers, and we do it to TRY and not have it happen to live servers. It is part of the point of the test server, to find critical bugs before they go live.
    Sometimes it succeeds, like the issue that caused this second patch, sometimes it doesn't. It is still worth the effort and the step.
  8. Sumteengex Journeyman

Ngreth, was the othmir package only supposed to be available to paid subs? guildmate logged in after the patch on a subbed account and ftp one and neither had the package available, she refreshed, relogged in and out and nothing. she didnt even get the notice it was available the first time she logged in on her chat window.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Either subbed or Krono active accounts - not F2P

All Access members logging in between 12 AM PDT on March 16 - 10 PM PDT on April 20 will receive the following for their account (Please keep in mind this is one per account not character).
    1x Goblet of Adventure III
    1x Othmir Fez Hat Ornament
    1x Hero's Forge Unlock
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  10. Sumteengex Journeyman