Move Crit Dots AA to PoP Era

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hadesborne, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Hadesborne Augur

Please Devs, could you move the critical affliction AA to the PoP era? The general concensus is that this "should" have been done in PoP and ended up being a bit late by the GoD era.
  2. Zinth Augur

they came with GoD... they should STAY with GoD...
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No.

Player power-creep is a real thing players on TLP often ignore & which most of the high end raiding guilds on TLP leadership accept gives them a huge benefit in the early eras of the game & which tapers off as they move through expansions..

Increasing the amount of Power-Creep on TLP is going in the wrong direction, we should be asking for the exact opposite & reducing the power-creep on TLP so that things like MoTM can eventually be reduced or removed.

MoTM was a "dirty-fix" that largely gets the job done and reason it was needed is power-creep.

Additional player power like this request would be should not be given to TLP players, they have too much power already, it's not until your server is hitting "notalgia era" expansions from EoK onwards that players on a TLP are close to the power they should be (Necromancer DoT revamp excluded).
    Duder and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  4. Karanthal Augur

Since the revamp DoTs do a huge amount of DPS in early era's without crits. It's quite possible to parse really well on raids as a druid or shaman.

The problems with early DoTs are more about having enough mana to actually use them and not pulling aggro.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Ishbu Augur

Absolutely no. Terrible idea
    Skuz likes this.
  6. TheTone Elder

I'd likely agree that this isn't a great idea...but then again, I'm all for an across-the-board significant rebalancing of power between PCs and NPCs, in favor of the bad guys, so I'm biased.
  7. Zinth Augur

Why in the world would you give more power to gnomes? (bad guys)
  8. xaga Elder

what is the logic as to why this is needed -- have played a necro for the past 20 years. Would i like to see it ... sure... but should we have it now ... NO
  9. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I think DoT crits should come in PoP but for necros only.
  10. Xeris Augur

Yes I agree it should be specific to necros. Necro as an aesthetic is a class that's supposed to be the king of damage over time. However, a necro in this era has to actively maintain 10 dots to basically be equivalent to a shaman casting 3 spells. It's out of whack when a sorta hybrid priest/dot caster is able to easily put damage a class whose entire thing is 'we cast dots'.

If necros were able to crit dots in this era it would be on par for their class.
  11. Falafel Lorekeeper

Ya, letting your 3 necromancers do 3/4th's of a melees dps instead of 1/2 is going to cause problems.

Ya. Sigh. This forum.
  12. Falafel Lorekeeper

Ok, then let's nerf melee in raids and buff casters, so the balance isn't so stupidly out of wack.
  13. Thez69 Elder

eh as necro id certainly welcome it, but i can see the concern of it being a bit much

the redeeming value of dots is they hit for full dmg every tick

when i play wiz a 2k nuke often hits for 175 and crits for 450, not amazing and kinda balances out those full dmg crits

like i get it, monks are op but making everyone else op i dont think is the solution
  14. Falafel Lorekeeper

They didn't ask for everyone else to be op, just to help balance necros a bit in PoP. They're doing half the damage of melees on bosses.

At this point I think we need to add more hp to motm, but add a spell damage taken buff and or resistance reduce, in certain eras.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Did you assume that I did not intend for melee to also be reduced in power?

Please pay attention to the fact that I made no distinction between Melee & Caster when I spoke of power-creep.
  16. Xeris Augur

Dots don't hit for full dmg every tick? They work the same way as any other spell/melee hit, there's a range.
  17. Kobra Augur

He means you don't get partial resists on dots. You get the full tick + whatever % focus that is added, but you can't get a partial tick like a partial resist of a nuke.
  18. Kobra Augur

As for moving the dot crits to PoP for necros, why not Luclin?

That would be even better.
  19. Xeris Augur

Yes, sure, but it's the same. I.E. if I have a 2000 DMG nuke, sometimes it gets partially resisted and only does 500 dmg. Same with DOTs, if I have a DOT that does 1,000 dmg/tick, it will run its full duration of ticks, but it isn't doing 1,000 dmg/tick every time. Sometimes it'll do 1k, sometimes 500, sometimes 600, etc. So functionally there's no difference.
  20. Triconix Augur

Wrong. Dots will never do below the listed damage unless MOTM or some other mitigation factor is in play. DoTs don't get partially resisted. Mods just make it range between the listed base damage of the spell and the max mods allow.

You can easily test this. Take off all your dot mod gear in an era pre DOT mod aa's and just run around dotting things. You'll never see it drop below the listed damage.
    Kobra likes this.