Wizard Love

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travestii Elder

I couldn't agree more.
    Duder, Metanis, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ezbro Elder

I would think you need to gather some information from the team for any plans or no plans for the wizards, and keep these players informed. For myself I have one of my subscritions hinging on this very communication.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

that did not happen. Folks presented issues a couple times per year, a discussion happened each time, and that was that. None of this nonsense, content-free nagging like apocryphal four year olds on road trips.
    Lophophora likes this.
  4. Kelset Elder

While I agree that taking digs at the developers about customer service etc. is not the right approach, asking for a statement on their stance on this is not unreasonable. There are always other development priorities, however, knowing whether we're on the list at all would be a start.

Also, I don't believe this is a content issue, it's an acknowledgement and prioritization issue. The content has been presented in this thread and in multiple other threads over a period of time. Not only the content with logs & videos, but also root cause, well thought out fixes, along with offers to test and log further. The developers know that the wizard community, if nothing else, has strong members anchored by some highly knowledgeable players with a deep understanding of the mechanics of this game. I would be baffled if at this point they still need convincing with what has already been provided by the community.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  5. KrakenReality Augur

Those suggestions also went ignored, so there's not much point in that type of feedback. It's great for player discussion, but it doesn't get utilized.
    Szilent and Mongol311 like this.
  6. Kragin011 New Member

Well sure, the stuff i wanted to post was censored, really?
    make wizards .
  7. Aristo Developer

Hey, I wanted to step in here and say a couple things:
    1. You're not being ignored.
    2. You don't need to resort to bumping or threats to be heard.
    We've had a lot of discussions about wizards recently, and we're aware they're not fully occupying the role you and we think they should be right now. We have to continue to work on zone performance, and one of the most important ways to do that is to reduce the number of spells being cast. Each spell requires the same amount of processing from the zone, so we're focusing on reducing the weakest spells (procs) first, and especially those spells that cause other spells. We know wizards are currently getting a significant portion of their damage from procs so you took a disproportionate hit with the first changes we made.

There are a lot of moving parts here so we don't have a final answer for what will change or when it will happen, which is why you haven't heard anything yet. I've been burned by shifting priorities or other emergencies too many times to announce a change before it's done. When we have solid changes ready to go you'll see them in the patch notes.

I know I don't post much, I just didn't want this thread to go further down the negative spiral it's in. You're valuable. You matter. You're okay. Okay?
    Valcron, Chanteren, Vumad and 26 others like this.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Thank you.
  9. Kelset Elder

Thank you for chiming in Aristo, much appreciated!
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Szilent Augur

Your responding to this thread in particular explicitly contradicts point #2. Consider us Well GD Educated right now, this is how to get results. Thanks. I will never tell anyone again that they are wrong to do this (and expect to be believed).
    Mongol311 likes this.
  11. Petalonyx Augur

To me it feels like 3 somewhat overlapping issues:
    >Server Performance Issues
    >Wizard Gameplay Issues
    >Wizard DPS Issues

Honestly, I think most would be happy with a short-term bandaid fix to Wizard DPS issues. Just bump the numbers on current expansion spell damage values, current Focus AA damage increases and you will broadly improve life for most wizards on live without much effort and without complicating Server Performance and Wizard Gameplay issues that require a lot more time and effort.

But if you do want to improve all three at once, some longer cast time big bombs might be considered! That cuts out a TON of spell procs, melee rounds, and melee procs (and for that reason, would need to hit super hard). I can't speak for all wizards, but I think a lot are starting to feel like the proportion of wizard DPS from melee (and melee procs) is just, well..., not wizard-like.
    Vumad and Mongol311 like this.
  12. kizant Augur

We do almost no melee damage. The procs might amount to 7% or so during a burn but I'm sure it's well under 5% for a long raid. It's just a small bonus for doing a little extra work and I hope that stays the same. Let's not make the class a complete joke to play.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Petalonyx Augur

In my opinion, the numbers you list are appropriate for the wizards that want to go the extra mile and swing that staff for some relatively small payout (enough to reward them for it without making it feel mandatory). Some bigger nukes that take some forethought won't take that away.
  14. Travestii Elder

Thank you for chiming in. I'm not the most extroverted person either, and I understand the propensity to let the masses do their thing on public boards, but we sincerely appreciate the acknowledgement.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather they didn't give us longer casting spells, it is bad enough now if you get an emote or stun mid cast, making cast times longer means more chance of spells not being cast, which results in our DPS going down even further. Make our current spells do more damage would be far more helpful.
    menown, kizant and Travestii like this.
  16. Duder Augur

Like necro, aye? They removed a ton of depth for necro, hopefully they don't ultra-dumbify wizards next.
    kizant likes this.
  17. Filter Augur

I don't play a wizzy but raid with a few and everyone here is correct in that they need some work. Personally I really appreciate seeing Aristo come out to calm the crowd. Everyone reading this should take a deep breath and give the dev team some time. Those that raid can see the awful lag we have been experiencing so hopefully they can get in front of this soon.

Thank you for your post Aristo.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  18. kizant Augur

Yeah, I think it helps a lot that Aristo posted. It's not like whining got them to acknowledge that there is actually a problem. He could have said that they like wizards as they're designed or that they didn't know about the issue and will add it to the list of things to look into. These types of threads don't happen that often and just knowing one of those three things helps imo.

Also, I don't hate the idea of a single nuke with long cast time and long re-cast delay. Like if dicho was 4 seconds and did 5x the damage or something. But I definitely don't want to return to the days of just spamming Ice Comet. While there is a DPS problem right now the class is far better off than it used to be in terms of play style. Minus the recent changes of course that took away the viability of wild* spells.
  19. Ezbro Elder

Several wizard spells have a small chance to make the next spell worse. I'd like to see this in melee procs from a wizard. A small chance that wielding this staff around like a madman while trying to cast spells, have the chance to smack group member in the nuggin for, say, 100k damage! Or remove the "need" to melee as an alternative. :)
  20. kizant Augur

There's nothing wrong with something like that. I think more classes should have to deal with penalties and things that make them have to weigh the benefits of doing something. But meleeing for procs has been part of the caster game since the beginning.
    Ezbro and Mongol311 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.