Fixed Advertised free Heroic character not selectable

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by oogey, Mar 16, 2021.

1. oogey New Member

Every character in the game has a message that we get a free Heroic Character, but it is not allowing anyone to select one
    Rondor, Gendel and KrakenReality like this.
  2. Riou EQResource

the alert was from last years bonus
    Leerah and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  3. Rondor Augur

That message about the FREE Heroic character in the Alerts popup seems to be left over from last year's 21st Anniversary instead of this year's 22nd Annivesary. It reads:

Title: "Anniversary Login Bonus"
    Text:" Every member that logs in during the 21st Anniversary celebration will get the ability to claim a FREE Heroic Character, once per account!"

I agree this is misleading. Ideally this alert from last year should not be popping up this year.
    Leerah and FunkyDaze like this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

Probably shouldn't be advertising the bonus from last year, if it doesn't apply to this year. Lol.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I mean.. if you can manage a way to log in for the 21st anniversary, I'm sure they'd be happy to grant you a free heroic toon.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The devs are human so they occasionally screw up, this particular screw up is really rather minor as screw ups go.
  7. KrakenReality Augur

Huh? I’m pointing out that it’s in the alerts and shouldn’t be there.
  8. Febb Augur

Why don't you log into the 21st anniversary. It's not that hard. Get in a time machine and go, GREAT SCOTT!
    Leerah and KrakenReality like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It was sarcasm. I think this issue has many many posts already. In various forums.
  10. oogey New Member

well if they made a mistake and advertised it, why wouldn't they offer it then? To do otherwise would be incredibly unprofessional
    Gendel likes this.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I like your spunk, kid.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

They made a mistake, but I still think they'll stand by their offer...assuming you can log in during the 21st Anniversary.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

Oof, you’re right.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Has anyone tried setting their PC clock to 16 March 2020? Lol
    Svann2 likes this.
  15. klanderso Developer

Sorry, this was a bad string and we literally just finished pushing out a fix. Run the patcher again and you'll get the right string.
    Rondor and Yinla like this.
  16. oogey New Member

so will we be receiving our Heroic Characters?
    Gendel likes this.