Producer's Letter - Winter 2021 and 22nd Anniversary!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Mar 15, 2021.

1. JChan Developer

[IMG]

Well Met Norrath!

It’s been a bit of time since we last spoke, and I thought there wouldn’t be a better time than before our 22nd Anniversary.

It’s been almost a year since I was introduced to you as the Head of Studio for Darkpaw, and it’s certainly been an interesting one. I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the past year as well as the last 22 years that y’all have been part of our lives.

I’d like to first take a moment to recognize Alan VanCouvering, who you all know better as Absor, he has spent 20 years as part of the EverQuest family and we couldn’t make Norrath what it is without him.

I’m excited to share that we’ve hired several more designers and engineers to once again fill the ranks of the Faceless Ones. While you may have already seen the work of a few the others are deep in training learning the ins and outs of our code and the wends and ways of our stories. I can’t wait for you to see the fruits of their labor. Stay tuned, there are more things on the horizon. If you are interested in joining the Faceless Ones, please be sure to check out our eldritch links, we’re looking for heroic and creative souls to join our ranks.

Last year we switched up the previous release cadence of our TLPs for the launches of Aradune and Rizlona. We have decided to shift our launch window again this year, and we will be merging an additional server. Keep an eye out on the news and announcements forum for more information in the coming months.

And last but not least, we’re celebrating 22 years of Norrath. In addition to previously released anniversary bonus, quests and missions, we’re also introducing two new quests, a brand new mission, new rewards, and new merchant vendor items. Finally, if you are an All Access member and log in between March 16 at 12 AM PDT and April 20 at 10 PM PDT, you will receive an XP potion, the Othmir Fez, and one Hero’s Forge unlocker!

It is both a thrill and an amazing blessing to think about the fact that we’ve had 22 years of sharing stories and adventures together and there are many more to come.

Eyes On The Horizon,
    Jenn Chan

Head of Studio, Darkpaw Games
    minimind, Ielidiae, Qelil and 23 others like this.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

Thanks for another year of Norrath, and hope the staff at Darkpaw has a great 2021.
    Shalahandra likes this.
  3. Thewiz Augur

Yay! But what are the usual bonuses?
  4. Sprained wrist hurts New Member

5. xaga Elder

Great shoutout for @Absor keep up the great work !!

can you all elaborate on server merge.... that never ends well lol
    minimind, Shalahandra, Skuz and 5 others like this.
  6. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Does Absor get a new "Faceless Hammer of Smashing" to Smash for another 20 years? Something tells me this is a great ornamentation opportunity lol.

Grats Absor!! You made and make this game fun.

[IMG]
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

8. dreamweaver Community Manager

The only currently planned merge this year is Selo into Povar.
    Shalahandra, Astral64 and code-zero like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What's happening with Phinny in May then?
  10. Zinth Augur

You forgot Phinny? we go live in May?
  11. Riou EQResource

That and miragul just have no extra info / they haven't decided who to merge it into probably
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Great news! I hope that this means we have a long future of EQ to look forward to.
    Qelil likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thanks for the update Jenn!
    Astral64 and OldCa61 like this.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

Phinny won't be merging this year. Miragul either.
    Shalahandra, RPoo and Astral64 like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will the players on the servers still get a free transfer off when they hit live?
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Congratulations to 22 years of EQ! Kudos to the team members past and present.
  17. dreamweaver Community Manager

Nope, the current plan is that the free transfers off will occur at a later date, closer to their merge. If that changes at all I'll update the TLP Forum thread.
    Astral64 likes this.
  18. Zinth Augur

seriously? get us over to AB! else stuff will fade into nothing instead of MAYBE surviving a move to AB....
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have a question Dreamweaver. Will the Hero's Forge unlock be assigned to the character you log in instantly or will it be a /claim (item)?

I can see some confusion and complications if it is an instant (login) grant.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

The Heroes Forge unlock, is consumed when the player opens the package..

both the Fez Hat and the Fez Hat Package are heirloom

The potion is not.
    Shalahandra, Astral64 and Benito like this.