Beguiler's Synergy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cailen, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Cailen Augur

Why is enchanter is the only class in the game who's synergy doesn't work for their own class? Would it be to much to ask to add Limit: Resist (Chromatic allowed)
    Zynt, Szilent, Maedhros and 7 others like this.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

Would be a huge boost for minimal developer time!
  3. Maedhros High King

It should work on chromatic spells too or simplify it and make it work with any spell cast regardless of type.
    While we are at it I'd love DOT ticks to not eat a charge of Composite Reinforcement without a chance for it to proc the strike. I get that it could break root, but the better DOTs have a DD component anyway.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

I know nothing about enchanters but this seems like a perfectly reasonable request!
    /signed
    Maedhros likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Do I want this? Absolutely! Do I understand why we don't have it? Yeah.

It boosts our base spell damage by 40% and we can cast it every 10 seconds. Mages proc conjure synergy off Righteous servant and can cast it at best 2-3 times per fight. Meanwhile, i am casting Mind drift 5-10 times per fight. Also the modifier of our synergy is more efficient than the mage synergy as I understand it, something about the way the modifiers work. it was explained to me with a bunch of SPA#### and I get it but I can't explain it.

One night, on Avatar of War, I proc'ed beguiler's synergy over 100 times and the mage in my group was #1 on the parse over a 20 minute event. The mages proc'ed at a rate of about 20% of me, and for less impact. Our synergy is designed for aDPS, not DPS/alliance like mages.

I don't think any other class comes close to the ENC in the frequency in which we can proc synergy, the strength of our synergy or the amount of aDPS we add.

I speak specifically about ENC and mage because I main ENC and box mage. I am also primarily in the mage group in raids and work with the mages to optimize their DPS. I am no expert on synergy. Just acknowledging my lack of knowledge on all other synergies.

ENC are not laying down so much DPS that allowing us to benefit from our own synergy would throw things super out of wack, but it would be a very significant change to our DPS, I speculate.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Doesn't Beguiler Synergy proc on the Gravity spell line?

I suspect the original intent of the resist check limit is to prevent folks from complaining about class balance and how enchanters would somehow out-DPS wizards or mages. Whether this is an outdated view is up to the devs. This view probably dates back to the time when enchanters were rocking and could swarm mobs with runes - The Darkened Sea era?
  7. Szilent Augur

In a no-lag guild hall spell spamming test (multibind of dicho-slash-strangle on my 110enc), I jammed out 4.5 Mindnukes/minute. In a recent real-game battle, guild magicians were clocking 3.6 Servants/minute. If you're doubling, tripling, or *quintupling* your compatriot's Synergy rate, that's because you're plainly a more active spell caster, not because of class design.

Bards can push theirs out 15+ per minute (adps, specifically Quick Time, effects the rate) if they go with a somewhat mana draining /melody. Each "rep" adds exactly 135k damage to each member of the group including to the bard.
    Cailen, Maedhros, Svann2 and 2 others like this.
  8. Szilent Augur

Constriction dots also use the Synergy. Combining Synergy with Constriction is not enough to change Constriction from not-good-enough to good-enough.

Gravity Twist does get interesting, damage-wise, but is broadly unpopular.
    RPoo and Benito like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Gravity sucks. I pushed the Avatar of War out of the arena with it. We finally get an upgrade to our AE and it has a component that makes it practically useless.
    Ninelder and RPoo like this.
  10. Szilent Augur

A number of (most? all?) CoV bosses are immune to induced movement, so Gravity becomes a far more plain AE DD in that content.

I am not a fan of that immunity, but it does help out GTwist
    RPoo and Vumad like this.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

The recast on drift is 9 and servant 19. Agreeing with your test with the spell Data. My post was anecdotal and had some inaccuracies.

The differences aside, it would be an easy fix if balance is the issue. 40% to magic, fire and ice, 30% (or whatever) to chromatic.
  12. Szilent Augur

Hastened Raging Servant (3) 83 MAG (UF) 5 / 15 - 1: Reduce Timer by 6s

Type3 FC Riotous Servant 0s 0s 0s Unresistable Single 1: Reduce Timer by 1s
    IblisTheMage and Vumad like this.
  13. Maedhros High King

Necro Asset for Blood can be cast every 5 sec, and triggers their Synergy that increases critical dot or nuke damage by 30% with no restrictions on spell type that I am aware of.
    There is no legitimate reason that an enchanter alone among all classes should not be able to utilize the boost created by their own synergy.
    Cailen and RPoo like this.
  14. Maedhros High King

Enchanter synergy is very nice, but it is not the strongest nor the most frequent.
    Even if it was, that seems a poor reason for any exclusion to the chanter themself.
    Cailen, RPoo and Vumad like this.
  15. Szilent Augur

I mean, it ain't Gift of Hazy Thoughts, but it's awfully good...
    Cailen, RPoo, Maedhros and 1 other person like this.
  16. Cailen Augur

I know wizzies are broke atm and yelling the loudest but...... do us enchanters matter too? I know you're spells not AA but couldn't resist.[IMG]
    RPoo likes this.