Producer's Letter: Anniversary and Overseer!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I only join it when I'm desperate for info, too much non EQ garbage there.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I doubt very much that all of the people who show up as staff in a DarkPaw jacket are developers, they have people in a bunch of different departments and roles who appear in those photos, take a look at the credits for the expansions some time. That's the best way to illustrate my point here.
  3. Febb Augur

That photo had the EQ2 team in it as well. So about half of the people in that photo is for EQ1, but there were some people missing from the photo.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Veronious New Member

I agree, and Dreamweaver does a great job here, but just some type of state of the game every 3 months, incite on what they are working on or have changed, or just a general communication. Hearing from our games Producer more than once or twice a year shouldn't be an unreasonable expectation. We last heard from her Dec 1st, and before that March 10th 2021.
    Tsavo and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good point, even if there are some folks who work on both games.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

Yeah that photo had EQ2 and support staff as well, even I am hiding in it somewhere.
    Skuz and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

That's 100% untrue, the devs are working on only EQ projects.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Devs...
    Art staff, 40%-EQ1 60%-EQ2?
    is Mr. Lydy gone? I lost track.
  9. Marton Augur

Friday would be a good day for some news ...
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

White House press releases occur in two manners:

Friday, release bad news at 3PM eastern so no newspapers run with it.

Monday, release the good news so it perks monday through friday.
  12. Marton Augur

I'll check back Monday :).
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

No disrespect intended to you or to the EQ team but based on this and the fact that Dreamweaver said there are support staff, EQ 2 team and so on in that photo the EQ team is still small otherwise why would we get such small content releases each year instead of stuff similar in size and scope to ROF?

In a perfect world Darkpaw would get a nice cash infusion from EG7 and be able to use that to hire 5 to 10 more devs, more support staff, more CS, maybe someone to help Dreamweaver, have the team communicate better with Dreamweaver and much better with us and then in the end be able to create more content for the best MMO to ever be created.

We can dream a little dream can't we? I mean our community manager's handle is Dreamweaver so it seems reasonable. Just don't ask for PVP or anything else Zek related since that ship sailed 20 years ago :D
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I did a search before I made that post. As I said aside from companies like Blizzard [read that as Blizzard, UbiSoft, EPIC etc] the average new AAA Studio is 50-200 people and the average studio of a older AAA game is 40-80. Darkpaw is right in there with the second example, which is exactly who they are. When those numbers are reported, its total employees, so yeah 18,000 UbiSoft Employees include a couple janitors too I'm sure, and 50+ Darkpaw would similarly include support staff too.
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

LOL, you need a comma in there or you are actually confirming his false statement.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

whoops.
  17. dreamweaver Community Manager

Nope he is still here :)
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. felle New Member

Is there a free Herocharacter anniversary event this year?
  19. Riou EQResource

No (unless they double it up for some reason)
  20. Dalsina Lunrais

Any bonus xp, and if so when roughly is it going to kick in? I’m saving quests for it!