Fixed Internally Antonius Bayle Server Problems

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by daBlubb, Mar 11, 2021.

1. daBlubb Elder

Hi,

it seems our server has massive problems.

People in the guild report:
    Overseer conversations timer is now 40 mins instead of 15? sec.
    Dead mercs need 15 mins till they are availabe again.
    very long zoning times

cannot confirm above things, but:
    Suddenly nearly all spells on my chars have a downtime between 10 to 30 mins after casting em.Relogging the chars or reloading spells doesnt help.

daBlubb
    Sinhuit, Yirrara, Jokskilove and 11 others like this.
  2. Yobamok New Member

yeah, and a 12h quest is 12h and 38min
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This could be a problem with the server if everyone is having the same issue if not then it is worth checking that your PC clock is properly synchronised with Internet time.

Most home PC users will have their internet time set to sync with Time.Windows.com
    But it is known that this time sync source can be unreliable at times, I would recommend using pool.ntp.org

If you are not sure how to do that click on this text for a link that shows how to do so for Windows 10.

Also your PC clock will lose or gain time throughout the day - changing the battery on the Motherboard will help if you have a PC that is more than a couple of years old, for example my PC is almost 11 years old & I've changed the onboard clock battery 3 years (they can typically last up to 5 years but I like to err on the side of caution).

I actually started making a habit of syncing my PC's clock to the internet time right before I started raiding, I felt like it made abilities more responsive & immediate.
  4. daBlubb Elder

Hello Skuz,

thanks for your advices.

I forgot to say, that i box on 4 PCs, it suddenly happens on all of them. Could be a problem with my internet connection.
    All i know is that people in the guild got issues with overseer and mercs not available for up to 40 mins. No one has the problem with the spell icons, but i think its the same issue.
    I tested a bit. It happens everytime i zone. It doesnt matter if the spells were on cooldown or not.
    Using another time server or sync didnt help so far.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Yobamok New Member

changed to pool.ntp.org when you wrote about the epic click timers and other item timers. Didnt help anything when I did it
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Stuffed48 New Member

Almost this except when a merc dies its a 45min ress timer for myself, spells have 30min recast timers instead of 2-3mins (for short term buffs).

Zoning seems fine for me.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I just checked a few of my accounts on AB.

No Overseer problems in PoK 12hr tasks were showing as 11h59m59s right after starting them, 6hr tasks were showing as 5h59m59s right after starting those.
    Conversions took just 10s to perform.

Zoning was quick, much faster than I would see on Phinigel which is what I expected as Phinny is a USA located server while Antonius Bayle is located in Amsterdam so much closer to where I live in the UK.

I was seeing ping times of around 40-49ms

This would suggest it is a problem either with your router/hub hardware or the ISP / connection, I am on Virgin (fibre broadband) in the UK.

I would ask those who are having a problem what country they are in and what ISP they use, if it is the same country then it might be that all connections from that country have a problem, if it is the same ISP you all use then it could be ISP specific, if several countries or ISP are involved there might be a backbone/network issue that is affecting those.

Edit: I'll check what I am seeing on Merc revive timers.

Revive timer on A1 Mercenary showed as 4m23s right after death in SoD zone "Oceangreen Hills", Revive timer didn't show as available for a few seconds after reaching 0m0s but I could revive the merc & did so without issue.

So none of the stated problems at all for me on an 85 Heroic character on AB.
  8. Kouwes New Member

Same problems here, overseer conversations bug is really annoying.
    And no, it's not my PC clock lol
    Yinla likes this.
  9. daBlubb Elder

This could be possible. Germany, Telekom here.
  10. Yirrara Journeyman

People from the UK are reporting that problem as well so it's unlikely to be an ISP issue. I also don't see it but far too many report this in guild/general chat for it to be an isolated problem.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im from Denmark, and I have the bug about spellgems being locked for far too long after zoning.

This is pretty gamebreaking, so I hope they fix it soon.
  12. Yamakasi Apprentice

Got same problem since yesterday patch.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sounds like it could be routing related, if there is a problem with the routing some ISP are using that they haven't detected that could explain why some are seeing no problems like I did yet a lot of others are seeing it.

If you have a problem try seeing if a VPN (which will use different routing in most cases) will alleviate the problem, can usually get a 30day free trial of many of the premium VPN or there are a few reputable free VPN around but they tend to be bandwidth limited so no good for streaming movies / TV but decent for most gaming.
  14. Kouwes New Member

Skaz why do you insist on the problem being router / ISP / whatever related? Too many players in alot of different countries have the same problem...AFTER the patch! That must be a coincidence, right?
    It's not like it's the first time something got bugged after a patch.
  15. Febb Augur

Recently there was an issue with a particular ISP in north texas that many people that came here opening up bug tickets because disconnections and other issues. The ISP was blocking the port used for the world server. This possibly could be an issue for other providers.

Look in your logs directory and open up dbg.txt, scroll down to the bottom and read the last 20 or so lines. It should show if there are any connectivity issues between you and EQ servers.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Because as I stated, I took the time to check out AB myself, and I had none of the reported problems, another player in this thread also reported seeing no problems.

The fact that there are some players having no problem indicates the server is fine, I am NOT saying that the players with issues are lying I am simply saying the game server isn't the source of their problems.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  17. Player3457349530 New Member

The problem, with overseer at least, appears to be zone dependant. Have just tried with 3 toons in 3 different zones. In PoK and FM staring overseers tasks (tried conversions) have correct timing on one toon currently in VP a conversion takes over 38mins.

Lots of people in guild reporting various timer/refresh related issues
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's interesting.

I know that they had to change something to do with server timing due to the new hardware they started using.

The new hardware can speed up or slow down to more efficiently manage the server load, the problems EQ had for a while were because they hadn't realised that this threw off the server timings for many aspects of the game that took their timings from the servers which were now speeding up & slowing down - so they had to do some refactoring so that game timers didn't run off the server in the same way.
  19. douxreve Elder

Spells gems had a lock out for 30 min after zoning in EW 11 march 7 am CeT, zoning, camping nothing resolved the problem.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You hit the nail on the head here, guild hall is 38 minutes for conversions.
    Plane of Knowledge and Overthere (original) are behaving normally.

Instances have been taking longer to zone into today, I wonder if the instance zones are fubared.