Fixed Internally Spell gem lockup not fixed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Drakang, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Took it out for a couple of weeks but then had to put it back into my blocked buffs list. It's sad because now I have to actually pay attention and I can't just spam my group heal. :(
  2. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

happens to me 5-10 times in 2 hours. But I regularly group with a bard.
  3. Moege Augur

Happens with a bard at rank 18 / 19 now.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That doesn't sound good. Still never had it happen with my bard at 18/19 though.
  5. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Bump any planned fix or anything?
  6. niente Developer

This should be fixed - please test on the Test server next week.

There seems to be a misunderstanding about how bugs get fixed and prioiritized - they need to be scheduled before we work on them (we can't just pick them up as they come up on the forums). This bug was worked on twice. The first attempt, we didn't have good reproduction steps, however, the first fix attempt resulted in positive changes for the game that fixed a different spell lockout issue and made multibinding AA and combat abilities on all classes much more performant. We did get good reproduction steps from this video which let us identify and correct the problem (I just merged the threads). We are very grateful.

The reason this was broken is because the zone and client don't always agree on what buffs the character has. The server and client run their own separate 6 second tick. The zone is more likely to be slow and periodically goes out of sync with the client. When you lose a buff, the zone tells you it's finished, and then lets your client play out a sub-6 second period of the spell. Many EQ players know what this experience is like - when you have SoW and it has a few seconds left, but you start running a lot slower. This is the same problem.

If you begin casting a spell when Quick Time fades (after you get the message "You slow down.", but before the buff disappears), the client thinks you no longer have Quick Time, and the spell is not hastened. The spellbar can become locked out if a spell hastened by Quick Time becomes instant. Instant cast spells are not handled the same way as regular spells. Because the spell on the client was not instant, but the zone thought it was, the zone is not clearing out spell data stored on your character - your client is waiting for the spell data to be cleared, and that's why your spells are grayed out.

If you have the skill, knowledge, and work ethic for problems like these, EQ is hiring https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers.
    Raccoo, Yinla, Ssdar and 17 others like this.
  7. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

I am a firm believer this has to do with instant cast spells or super fast casting spell and throwing an additional reduction on top of that. Not to mention server lag. Rangers see this lock up of spell gems and abilities very often. Quick time VIII doesn't seems to cause any issues as it only works on 110 abilities.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If it was merely adding more haste onto instant cast spells Wizards would be seeing this problem every time a Bard hit Quick Time because we cast instant spells constantly. While I've had the bug happen to me, it's still fairly rare, even on raids where there is always lag.

Quick Time 8 didn't cause problems because it was only .25 second reduction and your Ranger spells are .5 seconds. Quick Time 9 caused the problem because it is a .5 second reduction.
  9. Moege Augur

Is this perhaps also the cause of the spellbar lockout if you purple club ?
    Barton likes this.
  10. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Please address this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

I think they have. Again.
    We'll determine by this weekend if Attempt #4 is successful or not.
  12. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anybody?
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Seems to happen pretty often with the newest patch.

For me it was right after I zoned into a new zone, where the spell gems had a cooldown of up to 30 mins(and those were "complex" wizard nukes, like ethereal confluence/thaumatugic vortex/claw of sontalak)... happened both in the grounds and dragon necropolis(CoV)

Forceful rejuvenation seemed to work, and once the spellgems had been refreshed everything appeared fine until next zoning...
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Worse than ever.

Timers are completly messed up not just for spells and AAs either. Mercs are now taking 45 minutes after death to allow revive and conversions in Overseer are taking 30 minites plus.
    Jumbur and Yobamok like this.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Just did an Overseer conversion and it only took the 10 seconds as advertised.
    Svann2 likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Looks like it could just be an AB issue.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Hard to say especially when people don't post what server they are on or just assumed people know .

Sounds more like a sync kind of issue. Did you try logging out and back in?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep, lots the guild and friends having issues, also taking an age to zone into instances after saying ready.

Maybe the server in the Netherlands is out of sync to those in the US.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Sounds like your going to need to pester Dreamweaver.
  20. Stuffed48 New Member

My "short term" buffs are having this issue. They last 5mins but have a cooldown of 30mins+, usually able to recast a minute or so before they fade.

Antonius Bayle server
    Yinla likes this.