Test Update 03/02/21 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Riou EQResource

The Patch is a week earlier then normal, so would expect there to be more probably
    Svann2 likes this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Given that the entire line was changed, (values, levels, etc.) I would actually assume that this change was in progress before the proc changes and is unrelated.

I do think it might have been easier / less work for them to have just made it a separate "Innate" line and then put us on the standard Fury of Magic line everyone else has, but that was never going to happen.

Speaking of the proc changes though, there was definitely a noticeable reduction...at least 10%.

Did it fix everything? No, but they also only changed a small number of procs. A single spell cast while burning can *still* result in 20+ additional casts happening, and they haven't addressed melee procs (or even the number of standard melee hits) yet at all.

EQ combat needs to be flattened across the board. A single spell should be a single spell, with maybe 1-2 procs at most. A single melee combat round should be 2-3 hits at most, not 20+ with procs on top of that.
    Marton, Rolaque, Kelset and 1 other person like this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

I also am wondering if they are making any progress with this.
  4. Dropfast Augur

Aaryonar raid fixes? This raid is still bugged all to hell and got even worse after last patch. Including all the bugs that were clearly reported from Beta.... in addition to all the bugs it would also be nice if you could change the fire proc to not be lost to ANY action what so ever and even recourses. That fire proc is the worst design "mechanic" I've ever seen in my life. You can't heal, use defensives, nothing what so ever. Even the shaman HoT from group heal knocks it off >< For the love of Quillious, please fix this horrid raid.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Not going to comment on bugginess. The raid suffers far more from lag than any buggy mechanic that still might exist. There isn't a single CoV/ToV raid that doesn't have bugs ... and all the bugs pale in comparison to how lag changes the events.

But the fire proc is complete filler and completely unnecessary to beat the raid.

It's there more to distract your raid force with BIG PROCS and get them to make mistakes. Neither Grolik nor the guardians have that many hps for a modern raid force and can easily be handled through normal dps. At least you can easily tell in your raid from the parse who's chasing fire procs and who's actually doing their job.

If you have an extremely disciplined raid force, the fire procs are a bonus way to win faster. If not, it's something you ignore (unless called to fire aura) and go on with the raid.

I hate the proc ... but I'm perfectly okay with the limitations it puts on the holders.
    Svann2 likes this.
  6. josh Augur

They actually have fixed this in this patch, the proc has been changed to offensive proc instead of any outgoing spell cast. No idea why it's not in the patch notes but this should fix that.

Flame Touch:
    - Spell Type changed from 'Detrimental - Resist: Unresistable ' to 'Beneficial: Blockable'
    - Slot 21 changed from 'Add Melee Proc: Flame Touch' to 'Add Melee Proc: Expenditure of Flame'
    - Max Hits Type changed from 'Outgoing Spells' to 'Offensive Procs'
  7. josh Augur

I am concerned about this patch, because aaryonar sounds like it will be significantly harder. Right now you can avoid the punishment for entering an aura and block the ae that's about to land by entering the right aura.

It will no longer be practical to do this. so, we are just supposed to tank a 450k a tic dot, and potentially another 250k dot if interloper's curse syncs up with it, while dealing with 8 adds and a boss. what?

I sure hope there's a lot more to this aary patch than what's in the notes.
  8. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

The hardest part of those levels on test is not accidentally hitting 51 in the 20 minutes it takes to go 25-50
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

Whoa leave clerics out of this, and our potato nukes, can give a cleric highest of everything and our nukes will still be potato.
    RPoo likes this.
  10. ArtremasEQ Augur

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There is an old Saying:
    - Elric, Babylon 5 Ep: "The Coming of Shadows"

But it is said: "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." The choice is yours: to go or wait. - Gildor - J.R.R.Tolkein's Lord of the Rings
    ArtremasEQ, Marton and RPoo like this.
  12. Zandez Lorekeeper

Please revisit class DPS!!! As a max AA Ranger best in raid slot before COV x-pac. Yes I know how to maximize burn/smash keys, make best ADPS groups, alliances, DOTS etc.... I'm just seeing the DPS disparity increasing x-pac to x-pac. While no I don't feel all classes should be balanced, nor do I feel some classes should be able to almost double DPS output of other DPS classes short and or sustained. Of course this will vary when comparing elite raiding guilds vs causal raiding guilds.

You have true melee DPS classes, Zerker, Rogue, Monk. Then you have hybrids Beasts, Rangers. Yes I expect the first three to out DPS the hybrids as hybrids are more of a support role. But the DPS gap is getting greater and greater x-pac over x-pac and very noticeable. Of course there's many variables, group make up, mob type, length of fight, player, proc, alliances, gear etc... However when were seeing Paladins hit parse and can compete with melee DPS at times. That in itself tells you there's an imbalance that needs some tweaking. Its very disheartening when I push myself during raids seeing Paladins hell even Shaman's at times outparcing DPS classes.

Enough of my rant, please consider looking at Class DPS.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Way to try and take an example like Paladin DPS in a nitch expansion with undead where their DPS is suppose to shine and act like its a regular every day occurrence. :rolleyes:

If your DPS are below a paladin with normal mobs maybe talk with them and inquire where they went during their AFK.

Go blow smoke up someone elses back side on this one.
  14. Roxas MM Augur

lol Skuz come back and play man, you're clearly bored if you're finding quotes from obscure scifi series.
  15. kizant Augur

There's nothing obscure about Babylon 5.
  16. Cimbaeth Elder

I agree. I mean, I'm best in raid slot tradeskilled stuff ToV and about halfway geared COV best in raid slot, and I'm a wizard, and I get out dpsd on some burns by shamans and bards. There is not so much of an imbalance in class dps though as much as there's a big FU to wizards. We've been beaten with the nerf bat and hardly given any upgrade to dps at all compared to other classes. The devs have made wizards so dependant on adps and loading up on every possible proc we can stuff in our gear that in group content without having a chanter/druid/mage in a group I can be outdpsd by almost any class. It's not like I don't know my class or how to burn either, because I usually top the parse for the 5 raid wizards in our guild. Is what daybreak is hinting at is that we all need to switch class to zerkers?
  17. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

And just in case anyone wonders if this is a 'wiz don't know how to play' issue, *Cimbaeth is literally #1 serverwide on magelo for wizards. Agree with everything above and just wanna reinforce what a dire situation this is for wizards.
    Thundersnake, Nightmares and Ezbro like this.
  18. ArtremasEQ Augur

Skuz likes this.
  19. Nightmares Augur

Cimbaeth is very well known and top marks across the board for his Wizardry. His point should really be taken and evaluated fairly.
    As for Wizard FoM and the question asked earlier about AA lines that start off at 0 cost and start costing later, SK Harmtouch. SK get it at the beginning and only after getting into AA territory does it actually cost AA; it does go up in rank every 5 levels(I wanna say, I looked on a box SK to verify some) at the beginning until it starts costing AA to increase later. So this type of thing is not really new and hopefully implemented correctly.
    All this being said, Wizards, being the pinnacle of Burst Magic DPS ( as to class description and history) should be no less than equal to all other classes in regards to max crit chances, though it "should" be expected to be higher. They should also be able to top parses vs other caster classes and in no way should they ever get beaten by hybrids unless very specific and limited situations are in place. This being said, they should also have their limitations as well(like inability to tank, which hey... that's already there usually...).
    There was all this work to help with dots for almost all dot classes, simply known as the "DoT revamp" initiative. In regards, those classes received increased dps ability( I play most of them, and have multiple of each class to boot). It would/should be viewed as only fair that Wizards also receive that "loving" touch from the Devs to strengthen their classes ability to remain relevant when you consider all other classes narrowed the gap or even in some cases, passed it.
    (I have a wizard, it's not max level, 100. I use it for ports most times or PL'ing. So I am not seeing the end game on that toon, but I do see some of what is going on already at those levels.)
    Thundersnake likes this.
  20. Dragoncommander New Member

I'm hoping that the Khati Sha the Twisted raid event gets fixed I have tried 70 times to reach the end but I always get stuck at the beginning no matter what I try. Yes I know I am playing in older expansions always have been. Though I will be doing the fabled creatures starting from original - luclin. Only fabled creatures I won't be doing are the ones in factions I'm allied with or planning on allying with. anyways if anyone here plays on the miragul server I would be more than happy to help I have a rouge on that server and if you need a lockpicked in one of the dungeons send a tell to Gendak