GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappas Journeyman

Thanks for the information. I got kind of fed up trying to get it to work and wrote my own parser program. I'm not really a programmer though so mine isn't fancy. Plus, mine isn't real time. You basically copy your log file into the program folder and the program processes the entire thing and gives parses for each fight for whichever toon you specify. Plus, it only works for melee types right now since that is what I needed it for. I did a spot check and the program was 100% accurate at least. That said, I like the gamparse ease of use so I will try downloading the beta you mentioned.
    Thanks again.
  2. pointyboot New Member

i suppose this isn't the biggest deal but the popup when you start the software gets old after a while. especially when you load it multiple times a day or even with every session.
    Soraia and Szilent like this.
  3. Iumar Journeyman

Where can I get 2.0.0.99? Link does not work to download.
    Is the consensus that 2.0.0.99 is working? Can someone post this version anywhere at all so people can grab it if it's actually working?
  4. Symbius Augur

Beimeith posted a couple pages back a different link and it seems to work.
  5. Sappas Journeyman

WOOT! This version is working for me. I compared it to the parser output from the program I wrote and they matched up perfectly.

QUESTION: How do you get a running average for every fight you did in the log file? I have that in the program I wrote and it gives a really good feel for how much dps I average in each zone, etc. No biggy if you can't. I can still run the other software for that if needed. I still prefer this gamparse for real time or if I'm just curious about this or that fight.
  6. Pryssylus Journeyman

Still broken, as repeatedly described a page back. The numbers are fine, the problem is if you want, after combining fights, to select multiple players, copy and then paste into game. That no longer works.

If there's a link to an older version available, that would be great. Else, this is useless for posting top dps parses after raids...
  7. Fadenea New Member

Anyone figure out how to get it to stop unlinking pets? I even go into the user file and remove him as a tracked player and make him a trackedpet, linkedpet but sometimes I have to do it a couple of times to make it stick. It will work for a few days then revert back to showing him as a trackedplayer but says he is a Mage pet in the class type. Sometimes I am able to link him with the drop downs for linking pets but most of the time it does not have him listed as one. I don't have him saying or telling me anything coded so anything he would be telling me would have to be part of the game mechanics.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you are using .98 there is nothing you can do except download .99, which pets are fixed, but has its own issues.

If you are already using .99 let me know because it shouldn't be happening in 99.

And yes, I'm still working on the actual release, no, I don't have a time, though I am getting closer.
  9. Raccoo Augur

Does it paste into something besides EQ, like notepad? I'm thinking it may be EQ's limit on how much text can be sent at once. I've run into that, and have to paste 9 players or less at a time.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, that isn't the issue. Gamparse should truncate any string longer than EQ can support.

The issue is that .99 is a Frankenstein update and it was missing the part where I rewrote the selection rules.

I've updated it to .99A and it can be redownloaded from the same links as before. This should fix the selection issues.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  11. Whraith New Member

Anyone else have an issue where nothing shows up in the fight navigator or overview, but Live Fights, Faction, Loots, etc... all work?
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You're on a TLP, you need to adjust the minimum damage value. It's under Settings > Advanced.
    Whraith likes this.
  13. Tropi Elder

minor request can we get a button to toggle wither gamparse goes to the menu by the clock or jsut minimized to the start bar like most other programs . thanks for the work you do I've loved the new updates
    Szilent likes this.
  14. Szilent Augur

this comes up so frequently. it's probably worth raising the profile of that setting?
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I was just thinking of something like that.

It already reads what server you are on from the log file name, I can have it prompt you or something if it sees the server is a TLP. The only reason I haven't done it already is given the nature of TLPs the minimum value changes ever few months.
    Szilent likes this.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes.
    Tropi likes this.
  17. Whraith New Member

That was it! Thank you!

Probably something equally easy... but I have the 'combine pets with owners' button selected, yet my pet shows separate. Is there something else I am missing?
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) Make sure you are using .99C
    2) Do a /pet who leader command on the pets at least once to make sure they associate with their owners.
    Sancus, Elyssanda and Whraith like this.
  19. Malbro Augur

Where does one find .99C? I went to the link bank on page 1 of this thread and can only download B.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Try again. I thought I uploaded it, but I guess I didn't.

C fixed a problem with graphs not working.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.