This has to stop... Please DPG....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aaxxandum, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Zinth Augur

yup, I use the same when I fish... damn tattered sandals and rusty daggers
  2. Aaxxandum Journeyman

Only tells to that, not say, not ooc or shout.

Do you use 3rd party software their automates your characters to play themselves via a script or plugin?
    95% of the people playing on mangler is using a software to box. If they would come out and say that, that said software was not allowed the server would be a ghost town.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

How do you figure?
  4. Knifen Augur

82.136% of statistics are made up on the spot.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Technically 100% of EQ players are using software to box.
    Astral64, code-zero and Metanis like this.
  6. Tankkin Journeyman

There are tons of red guides users getting banned for using that special software from what guildies have said from their forums. Don’t use hax programs don’t get suspended. Lucky it’s not full bans. Yet.
  7. Zinth Augur

red guides? illegal to use guides these days?
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

I'll give you 99.9%.

I use 2 keyboards and 2 meeces while on Aradune and no additional software, just clever in-game macros. I've never had a problem with a GM on Aradune. Guildies that have had issues all cheat in some way, get caught, and still claim innocence.

It's hard to detect cheating, but its easy to spot it if you know what to look for.
    Lejaun likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

I think Bobby was making a joke that EQ itself is software and windows is software, etc.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. KrakenReality Augur

Are you mailing your packets too?
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

I know thats why I gave him 99.9%. :p

(I think you caught me mid edit too.) I had to split the 2nd part out that's a generalized statement.)
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  12. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

That's what I'm doing now myself. Wasting a large portion of the screen real-estate I have just hoping that I don't miss a /say message from a GM.

I had one instance of an AFK check from a GM a few months ago - they sent me a tell - I replied - they told me to have a great day and I wished the same for them. Had they done this check in /say I probably would have been suspended then.
  13. Machen New Member

Which would be great, if they weren't also banning people on the server where DPG staff explicitly said it was ok to use that software.

Also, a couple people got suspensions for boxing more than 2 characters on Rizlona today, because it is "against the rules to box more than 2 on Aradune." The GM's weren't even able to tell what server they were on.
    Fluid, Accipiter and Skuz like this.
  14. Oakleif New Member

Think I was AFK checked yesterday by a guy in SS, so they maybe in game as players. I admitted I was afk (reading forums) but all I was doing was sitting medding in a safe fort. No problems there. Since I don't afk play and tab box I should have np, but getting paranoid that I should set up a "say" window just to be sure.
  15. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

Even if you do set up a /say box - that box will still get spammed if you're anywhere near any NPC that can /say [and most can].

At least with it all going to one window and nothing else maybe you have a better chance of catching it before it scrolls out. Then again you could always make the box obnoxiously huge so that you definitely don't miss anything except your screen real-estate.
  16. jeskola pheerie

This is my new favorite
  17. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

I mean to be fair RIZ LO NA does sound a lot like ARA DUNE amirite? ;)
  18. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I would venture to say that 99.9% of the time when a person gets suspended/banned, they are not 100% innocent. The story they give you may make it sound that way, but there is usually more to the story they aren't telling. I wish DBG would do what Riot games does any time someone goes to the forums claiming they were suspended or banned for no reason. Riot not only replies with their full investigation and always in a way that makes the OP look like an idiot, but also increases the penalty if it proves you are lying just for wasting their time. If they only got a suspension, they get bumped to perma ban. If they already had a perma ban on 1 account, Riot goes through and bans all their accounts.

I would also venture to say that the GM sending you a msg in /say is just a formality before they give you the suspension or ban that they already know you deserve. The only times I've ever gotten the /say thing is when the suspension is already coming. Outside of that, I've always received tells from the GM or Guides when they are actually unsure of what's going on and none of those times has ever resulted in a suspension or ban. I'm sure there are times where someone has responded to the /say and then didn't get in trouble, but it's never happened that way for me.

DBG is so reluctant to suspend/ban people compared to other games that I've played, so I have faith that the rare times they do decide to dish out punishments they are 100% deserved.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If that's true it's completely & utterly ridiculous, I know GMs are humans so can make mistakes but this is basic stuff.
  20. Aaxxandum Journeyman

I would love this ! That way it would actually tell me what i did wrong instead of just telling me i cheated, dont do that anymore and i still dont have a clue what they meant by stop cheating.