Froglok Beastlords

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Lasonas, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Lasonas New Member

It never made sense to me why Frogloks could not be Beastlords, They can be both Shaman and Monk, which is what the Beastlords were Hybrids of anyway. Wpuld be cool to see that with Mosquito pets, or maybe Spider XD
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

Frogs eat bugs. I'd suggest a salamander warder.
  3. Zarkdon Augur

A leech from the Swamp of no Hope.
  4. CazRaX Elder

This makes more sense than freaking Wood Elf Beastlord.
    Kase likes this.
  5. Roxas MM Augur

the one race we need with beastlord is gnome. Rocking the spirit of the machine with an awesome clockwork pet.

Boze likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No such thing :p

A few Clockworks contain the spirits of former humanoid NPC's, most are just contraptions that have no spirits.

I Know Gnomes like Clockworks & the advocates of Gnome Beastlords think a Clockwork creature makes sense but it just doesn't, an actual animal is needed as a warder, a Gnome with a Clockwork pet would have to be an entirely new class, like an "Engineer", or "Roboticist".

You could go hybrid maybe, like a Cyborg Rat which was a regular rat but with clockwork legs maybe even clockwork jaws so it was still an animal but with some clockwork-themed prosthetics, but full clockwork, nah completely illogical.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I like this idea a lot though since the salamander has many species with amazing colour schemes that could compliment the Froglok's various skins really well, even better if you can select from a range of pet skins that coordinate with your Froglok's colouring/patterns.
  8. Zarkdon Augur

They still wouldn't be as cool as scaled wolves.
  9. Gnomereaper Augur

Froglok Bard.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I actually dislike the scaled wolf for Iksar Beastlords, its the singular thing that puts me off them actually because they just look really un-threatening & fragile to me. Not sure what I would prefer, maybe a Sokokar model with no wings, or the Basilisk & give Trolls back an alligator of some kind.
  11. Kase Augur

Can't really call that a BEASTlord then could you? Machinelord?
  12. Arctodus Elder

Gnome Beastlord with a raccoon or clockwork pet sounds enjoyable.
    Yimin likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Interesting Choice.

I am more inclined to think they should have a "digging" animal, as they are creations of Brell.
    So one of Groundhog, Gopher, Skunk, Prairie Dog, Mole or Badger.
  14. Arctodus Elder

The badgers in Field of Bones, Kurns, etc. would be humorous.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Problem with those is they are sentient humanoids, more "Badger-man" than Badger, they have Shadowknights, Shaman and factions so they aren't true animals.
  16. Ezbro Elder

I thought we were told no more class/race combinations as the game engine could not do it or something. Too bad, I would've loved a froggy beastlord. Pet could be a snail. They have that animation already from TBL.