This has to stop... Please DPG....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aaxxandum, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Aaxxandum Journeyman

Let me start by saying that i joined Rizlona because of the server rules the rule of it beeing a boxing server. Rizlona is far from perfect and the people , myself included also not perfect. I LOVE the server, majority of the people there are chill and nice people. My PERSONAL experience there has been overwhelmingly good. People are polite and very helpful. More than other servers i have played on in the past.

I box 6 chars on this server like many many more people do on this server. I do not exploit, i do not hack, i do not afk farm, i do not warp. I play my 6 grinding gear and exp like most people do. I also raid with 3-6 chars 3 days a week. But the recent 2 week's i've been hearing about soo many people getting 7days suspensions for no apparent reason or out of the blue. Or so they say. Last night i heard about another, a guildie that boxes 6 chars that got suspended. From what i saw, the last day he was online he logged in for raid, stayed in the raid the full duration and then logged to go to bed. I mean he could have logged on a diffrent 6 man team and been warping, afk farming or whatever for all i know. But i know this guy, been guilded with him since classic, and hes not the type. He got an e-mail saying he was suspended for cheating, like everyone gets when they get suspended or banned from what i have been told.

So here is my plead to Darkpaw Games, please stop with this banning/suspending people at random, while there are 2-3 people boxing FULL raids on Aradune and Mangler, servers that are supposed to be True-box. I understand that you ban/suspend people that afk farm, warp, and grief people, please continue with that. But please stop suspending/banning people because you need to fill a quota(?). You are destroying the server i enjoy most days if not every day, the server i love, my home in Everquest. I would love a real reply from any DPG officials, because i want to know if its safe for me to add another 6 accounts to my crew or if i should just cancel the 6 im already subbed with. Sorry for the long rant, i dont often post on these forums. Thank you for reading, and i hope that in the future you will take better care of my home.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Have you tried convincing your friends to not cheat?
  3. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

A lot of people that aren't cheating are getting suspensions for 'unattended gameplay'.

I know you think it's impossible for somebody who wasn't cheating to get such a suspension and I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise because that's clearly not going to happen.

For those more reasonable people among us - it is happening to some people who have done nothing wrong but perhaps miss a message in say asking if they were there and in some cases even without that.
  4. Aaxxandum Journeyman

I understand that thats one of the ways they check if people are afk or not... But like others i have had to filter say to its own chatbox with ONLY say into it because im scared of missing it...

Also i would like for someone to officially clarify whats accepted/allowed to do and whats not, we all know unattended gamplay, warping, far taunt(?) is not allowed. Did i miss something ? If so what?
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

Of course if you're boxing 6, the GM could be sending an 'are you there' tell to a box that's not monitored.

Are they banning all 6 accounts, or just the box account they sent the tell to.... that's the question.
  6. Aaxxandum Journeyman

Dont know about you, but when i get a tell on a char that im not driving my eq item will light up on the taskbar.
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

wouldn't any update cause that... even combat spam or guild chat?
    I play on truebox servers, so not sure how it looks running multiple clients on one computer.
  8. Duder Augur

Do you use 3rd party software their automates your characters to play themselves via a script or plugin?
  9. Zinth Augur

I played last night (just 1 toon) fiddling around classic...

I went out to bio 7 times (old man bladder)
    I went out to get lunch/snacks/dinner 3 times (I was on for a while)
    I tabbed out about 300 times while medding or while looking up quests/loot/PM's and so on
    I would be VERY likely to miss a tell to reply to within a couple minutes and a say would be extremely hard for me to notice since it is in the same window as all the spell/npc spam crap... guess I can look forward to be banned/suspended
    Vumad and Tshesebe like this.
  10. Quasimojo Elder

I wonder if they're doing *something* in their boxing setup that they use completely innocently with no intention of skirting the rules, yet violates the terms of service unbeknownst to them. Are they using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or some other boxing utility? More details may help track down the cause.
  11. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

DPG expects you to get outfitted with a catheter and colostomy bag if You're playing for extended periods of time. :rolleyes:
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have been boxing for decades and never been suspended or banned. Want to know why?

I do not cheat. The long and short of the situation is that your "friend" did something he wasn't supposed to. Doesn't matter if you agree. Doesn't matter if you disagree. Darkpaw Games enforces their rules the way they see fit.

To the conspiracy theory that GMs send tells to whomever they think is least likely to respond....I can only say make a GINA trigger or in-game audio trigger that alerts you to tells. But in all likelihood, if you are worried about GMs sending you tells, you are likely already doing something questionable.
    Rebelicious and Lejaun like this.
  13. Zinth Augur

I wasn't suspended either, but I got all my forages stripped because I apparently missed a GM tell... while I was actively chatting with a guildie... while being bored foraging in DL... could even show them the logs and I logged in the instant I was booted... to no avail, they STILL stole my stuff... had they sent a tell I would have seen it instantly since it would be in the tell window where I was chatting with a guildie but apparently it was done in say, which is in the spam window and hidden.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I guess you should consider setting up your game windows such that you won't miss the next one.

Were you clicking your forage button yourself or were you using something like Auto Key Presser or maybe using a programmable keyboard to do the pressing for you?

Here's the rub - CS staff are not allowed to move/remove/destroy items from a player's inventory without documented justification. They cannot just make an executive decision to intervene unless they have a documented violation of game world rules. Sooo, what rule did you violate?
    Lejaun likes this.
  15. Zinth Augur

I was clicking it myself yes and I use an /autoinventory key and a /destroy key so I can sort what I get in.
    GM's are not "CS staff" like Guides.

They claim I was AFK foraging because I didn't see their say, while being active in chat with a guildie. Aka typing messages between forages. and anything foraged in that zone was deleted (mostly nodding blue lilys since I deleted most everything else except for berry pies and water)

I should need need to be reliant and stressing over receiving a /say at any point in time... I could easily click the forrage button, go pee and miss a /say as I wrote earlier I go bio fairly often I also go get food/drinks etc. but while I am gone, my char isn't doing ANYTHING... and I park on top of the great spires to avoid any mobs.

I game to chillax and have fun and hang with friends... NOT to stress over risking getting suspended or my stuff I worked for deleted out of the blue because some GM is drunk on power.

Maybe I should note I were a guide for quite some time too... So I have a rep to upkeep...
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think the reason that the GM don't use tell is because these can be auto-replied to.

But knowing that the GM are using /say I guess that a window of its own is needed.
    And creating a /clear macro to clean the window of quest text etc. so any say text is easily spotted might help.

Guides are volunteers

CSR/GM are paid staff.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This tells me all I need to know. :confused:

Have fun out there!
    Lejaun likes this.
  18. Zinth Augur

what did you need to know?
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

It's pretty hard to use an auto clicker when chatting. ;)
    Rebelicious likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Pretty sure you missed his point, smart guy. He meant he has regular old EQ hotkeys for /autoinv and /destroy.