Fixed Internally Aaryonar Raid Bugs (Same Seen In Beta)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cragzop, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Sad that in order to win an event you have to purposefully do it wrong (and get a penalty for that to boot). At least if that ends up working until DB can fix it, I can live with that.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You don't have to do it wrong.

No one truly knows why its happening for TR and whomever else, but it isn't happening for others. More likely some person is doing something not being caught that is causing it.

I think timers would be an interesting thing to look at (saw someone mention 20 rounds of auras, like, omg), is it possible there is a "soft" enrage mechanic that is actually hard and they are hitting it by going slow while trying to do everything "right"?

I don't know. We did this a lot in beta like everyone else. Looks like the only time it perma hp locked on us is when it went under the ground at 0%, died, then repopped and was locked. We did have auras break finally one time too. Those were the only time this event bugged on us.

Hasn't bugged on live.
  3. Barbwarrior Augur

Raid worked fine for us three hours ago
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Ac

Actually, yes, we won it tonight by deliberately doing it wrong as we suspected. It is definitely broken.
    Fenthen, The real Sandaormo and Razzy like this.
  5. The real Sandaormo Augur

We won but by failing certain orb moves to auras on purpose. How is this working fine?
    Fenthen, Razzy and Kialya like this.
  6. Issk Journeyman

Devs - take this raid down and fix it properly and then release, and for Cazic's sake test your changes.
    Fenthen and Pryssylus like this.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

First, its not just TR. It is happening to others. We've seen it happen after only two aura cycles on Grolik we've seen it after 9. We've seen it everywhere from 28% to just under 80%, but when it happens, it is always the same sequence of events that end up locking it; so, as it turns out, since wednesday's patch, if you avoid one thing, you can reliably get through. The only time anybody has seem some gross number of aura cycles, as far as i know, is after they've permanently locked Grolik and are trying, in vain, to do so as it will never happen. I understand the desparation however! We tried for a good while the first time before we confirmed it was just like on beta and locked forever at that point once it "bugs out".

It isn't a case of someone doing something and not being caught, its a case of something breaking the script by successfully delivering the shadow orb to the aura. its not supposed to be that way, but it is. It doesn't happen every time, but every time the script breaks, that is 100% what is causing it. Claiming otherwise is incorrect.

If any other guilds are struggling with this script bug, contact me directly here or in game and I can give you the details of our workaround.
  8. Barbwarrior Augur

We had two attempts to kill it and it never once locked again after unlock and we put orbs in auras
  9. Dhurgan Augur

Congrats on your win.
    Pryssylus likes this.
  10. Pryssylus Journeyman

Based on what I've seen in this thread, it seems there are guilds who can reliably lock Grolic during the event, and guilds who can reliably unlock Grolic during the event.

TR is able to cover both scenarios, and has figured out many ways of accomplishing the former and at least one of the latter.

Pontificators who cannot make that claim notwithstanding, that would seem to make us the experts. :)
    Kialya likes this.
  11. Deillusional Augur

we won it every week since release after the first week we have only encountered the bug once, and it was before patch, we dont fail orbs, we succeed every orb. like others i think it does have a chance to lock on a successful shadow orb, but we don't know what circumstances it is under or some type of regen bug on grolik.
  12. German Augur

Last night it went fine again.

Re the auras. If we get in a situation where we miss an orb and have two up, we will intentionally drag one to the wrong aura to choose our pain versus three up pain. That could be earth, shadow, ice or fire. It likely is fire because if you mess up shadow orbs you can lose the center aura for a spawn (or maybe just fire)

For whatever reason, a tank dies etc we have had two up and choose to deal with it. Since we always locked later on in the event when things piled up on us, I do recall having two shadow orbs back to back success when the heal lock happened.

For those locking, are you seeing two back to back shadow orb successes in the same aura cycle?
  13. Nniki Augur

In Zak's stream that Maedhros pointed out in the other thread, they had a single set of orbs up at the time, and it regenerated and locked immediately after the shadow orb was delivered: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/917049924?t=02h08m50s

The shadow orb was the first of the set delivered there. They'd also consistently done damage to Grolik for the theories out there of it resetting when no damage was done to Grolik within an aura cycle or two.
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

We've definitely had it bug out after both one and two on runs before the last patch. I did notice a trend that after Wednesday's patch if you had two of another orb succeed that if you delivered the shadow orb successfully it would trip the lock, but, with only three runs after the patch that could easily just be a coincidence - or it could be a pointer towards a potential pattern. I did send that information in as well; hopefully something we've sent in will help them figure it out.

For example:
    02/17/21 06:01:31 PM The energy of the fiery orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/17/21 06:01:31 PM The energy of the fiery orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/17/21 06:02:53 PM You hear a distant roar as a wash of chilling air gusts past you.
    02/17/21 06:03:04 PM The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    02/17/21 06:03:04 PM The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    2 fierys, followed by shadow, lock.

02/17/21 06:41:58 PM You hear a distant roar as a wash of chilling air gusts past you.
    02/17/21 06:42:07 PM The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    02/17/21 06:42:08 PM The energy of the fiery orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/17/21 06:42:08 PM The energy of the icy orb clashes with another energy and causes an explosion.
    02/17/21 06:42:09 PM The energy of the fiery orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/17/21 06:42:09 PM The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    02/17/21 06:42:09 PM The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.

there's 2 fire successes even though split by one failure, then next shadow locks.

2/17/21 07:15:53 PM The energy of the icy orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/17/21 07:15:54 PM The energy of the icy orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    02/17/21 07:17:15 PM You hear a distant roar and feel the heat of intense flames.
    02/17/21 07:17:24 PM The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    02/17/21 07:17:24 PM The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.

But like I said with only 3 runs after the patch, its hard to say if that is anything more then a coincidence. That said, they were the only 3 doubles followed by a shadow all night and all 3 tripped "bug outs".
  15. German Augur

This was one of our locks on launch day where we tried for a good while to unlock. My raid xtar set has all of our tanks in it, so I cant review to see if we had more than any one orb up. I notice there were no earth orb actions for a good while. This has an icy clash and merge during one aura, no earth until after the double shadow with lockup. The orbs piling up for whatever reason of course is why we started disposing of them. I lost my ultraedit log clean macro that removed everything from the log file I don't care about so its a pain searching multi gig log files. We also will halt progress when we get two orb waves and the aura cycle is due after that to limit the benny hill moments. Since adjusting (slowing down) we've not had a lock.

This is two aura cycles worth of orb "actions" during a 87% heal lock moment (at 34%)

[Sat Feb 06 20:09:53 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sat Feb 06 20:10:00 2021] The energy of the icy orb clashes with another energy and causes an explosion.
    [Sat Feb 06 20:10:01 2021] The energy of the icy orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    [Sat Feb 06 20:10:06 2021] The energy of the fiery orb merges with the pillar and grants a boon to those nearby.
    [Sat Feb 06 20:11:39 2021] The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    [Sat Feb 06 20:11:39 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sat Feb 06 20:11:39 2021] The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    [Sat Feb 06 20:11:39 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sat Feb 06 20:11:52 2021] The energy of the earthen orb merges with the pillar and absorbs one of the guardians with it.
  16. Absor Developer

1: Successful shadow orb delivery into shadow aura.
    2: Barrier falls indicating the unlock mechanism was triggered.
    3: Regen of Grolik to 87%.

This is what I was missing. I know you're tired of hearing me say that I fixed this, but I was able to repro the issue and will get it fixed.
  17. Deillusional Augur

Absor, is there anything we can do to stop the bug apart from do not have a success shadow orb, or is it complicated in the way it can trigger the bug?

MS finds if they go slow they dont trigger, we find if we keep dots on grolik we dont trigger (and trigger the flows into the ground more often)?
  18. Absor Developer

It's not complicated. If you successfully drag 4 shadow orbs into the shadow echo aura, it tries to remove Grolik's HP lock by setting it from 100% to 87%. The problem arises when he his already unlocked, it just sets him to 87%.
    Zaray, Lianeb, Eaiana and 7 others like this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks Absor.
  20. Deillusional Augur

Thanks Absor does the counter reset when it flows into the earth this is a log from a win on Sunday:
    With grolik states in terms of active / inactive and shadow orb successes.

[Sun Feb 21 17:44:59 2021] Grolik flows down into the earth.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:45:19 2021] The earth erupts and Grolik flows up from the ground.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:45:55 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:47:26 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:47:44 2021] Grolik flows down into the earth.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:48:04 2021] The earth erupts and Grolik flows up from the ground.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:49:00 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:50:37 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:50:40 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:53:59 2021] Grolik flows down into the earth.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:52:16 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:52:19 2021] The earth erupts and Grolik flows up from the ground.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:53:45 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:54:19 2021] The earth erupts and Grolik flows up from the ground.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:55:19 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:55:59 2021] Grolik flows down into the earth.

Thanks for finding out what happening.
    Sancus likes this.