Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Invite to raid, but not in DZ, which is THE RAID. <derp>

Two sets of invites for the same content is less than intuitive.
    Tsavo, Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  2. Qonalynx New Member

as Someone who prefers to solo but still be able to farm old content i would like to see a few QoL changes.

1. Remove the need for a dummy group for older content raids / group missions ( 3 or 4 expacs back give or take )
    2. Make buffs last longer, there are times you spend 12+ hours camping something and haste is gone after 2 hours. buffing up once per day ( or session ) seems reasonable.

otherwise I'm pretty happy with the state of the game, plenty of things I am sure are done for one reason or another, old game, old code only so much that can truly be added / removed.
  3. Zamiam Augur

1. I agree with this .. think its unnecessary to have to have 6+ peeps in a group to do an Anguish run or other raids from those expansions .. and I know its not to difficult to get the peeps to do it .. I can log in 12 toons myself if need be .. the point is at that far back of older content there should not be a need to.

2. I feel buffs could use alittle longer timer but not by much .. I mean focus can already last 3 hours and a maxed cleric buff can last 5 or 6 hours ? haste could prolly use an extra hour .. but most peoples play times dont exceed 3 or 4 hours .. at least mine dont usually .. also I usually have access to a haste buff either by a shaman, ench , bard or bst in group ..
    Gyurika Godofwar and Metanis like this.
  4. smash Augur

Implement so that VH is instanced, and old raid content that is 6 expansions old requires 3 persons instead of 6 persons.
    DoN, there is a mission where you need 6 persons in the zone for it to start, reduce that to 3 persons.

This done on live servers.

On tbl, tov, cov, make so that if there is a person who got loot lockout, there is no need for trash clearing.

LASTLY, but pretty important, stop making nerfs of loot drops after the 1 months mark.
    Shown big time here with the put on ores on trash where it was too much, but it should NOT have been nerfed so big time as it was.

Example, in the first month after the release, I could during a day 2box and get 4-5 ores on trash, now since the nerf of ores, I have yet to seen 1 ore on trash in a month.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Do away with 5 minute buffs for noobs. Damage shields, haste buffs, etc for minutes, 15 minutes. Stop it. Just stop it.

30 min or bugger off already.

Worn totem in tutorial is 5 min. But mounts are allowed outdoors and marketplace.

Devs keep looking for places to trim server traffic. There's one for you. Stop making J_Nooblet cast his little DS/Breeze every 12 minutes.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Something I realized recently, as my PC specs caught up to modern times... this game looks amazing at 1440p @144hz. The chat windows in that configuration, not so great. Please look into adjustable font sizes for chat windows. I don't know if the client is something that can be worked on much at this point, but if so, this would be my #1 request.
  7. Zcerneboch New Member

Magician/Warrior hybrid class.
  8. Evye Augur

Ohh battlemage...
    how would it transfer to EQ...
    Bard stats
    Plate
    Some fire spells
    weak pet
    NO healing ability?
  9. Evye Augur

An hour long inexpensive glyph so you don't lose buffs when you die.
    Or something to deal with buff time. any other ideas?
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Merc AA: battle res
    Tsavo, bob2 and Fenthen like this.
  11. Knifen Augur

1. Giving up my forage ability for some type of basic track ability on a rogue.
    2. Adding Mask of Tinkering as a drop to the warders in either the Vulak mission or raid.
    3. Remove the need to be invisible prior to using whisper step (like every other class)
    4. Give rogues the ability to pick pocket magic no drop items. (Ok worth a try)
    5. Summon Parcel Agent AA
    6. Merc AA Battle Rez or Battle Call to corpse.
    7. Make mounts work with more illusions. (looking at you TBL expansion)
    8. Allow rogue(s) to throw daggers from ammo slot instead of having to remove bow and or other range item to put a single dagger there first.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Hands-down one of the larger needed things in the game. Right next to stable servers.
  13. Gialana Augur

I'd like to be able to save trophy sets to make it easier to switch between my placed max tradeskill trophies and the trophies I use while fighting.
  14. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

A Marketplace unlocker for Trader access on F2P accounts OR a $5/mo option that unlocks trader capabilities, but nothing else.

Also, the cost of AA in the Marketplace needs revisited.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Zamiam Augur

I doubt they would do a marketplace unlocker for F2P accounts unless it was for 15 bucks cause thats what they make for req all access ..

I wouldn't mind seeing a ability either thru marketplace or part of All access even if it cost an extra $5 more a month to be able to have a trader in offline mode and an actual toon in game playing .. also a window that can access said offline trader where you can pull your pp off or add pp and add or remove items .. but I know that will never happen for the same reason i gave above .. they make more charging for another whole account all access to get a trader..
  16. GoneFission Augur

I would like to see:

When my pet and or tank merc engage, that location would be where the mob is, instead of 10 to 15 seconds of left, right, over here, ok now over there for reals.

I would also like to be able to grab the edge of a window now and then without having the entire window reset and lose my targeting.

Could we get a pet button where the pet engages the top target (or only target), even if I don’t have the mob targeted just then.
  17. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Weapon ornament keyring.. please
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Weapons with alleviating burst (mana) that work for bards.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Geko Elder

Add commas to currency .... nothing like having to try to count zero's all the time.

20000000 vs 20,000,000 Pls add the commas.
    Caell, Act of Valor, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  20. GamerDad New Member

I would really love to see the ability to auto bot
    boxed character like we can with merc. Just basic merc command, with addition ability to assign 2 or 3 spells the toon will cast automatically. This is so we can play one character at a time without needing to constantly switch window to press one marco button.

EQ dev team can implement something to avoid total total auto afk farming.
    Tsavo likes this.