Proposed Bobbybick Dev Requests

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Protocol Dragon Defender

Bobbybick, please request the devs implement the following changes before the 2021 TLP launch:

1. Allow players to create characters or reserve names before the server launches to mitigate some crashing and some queues on launch.

2. Have the Sleepers Tomb Agent of Change give players the ability to spawn either the Warders or Ancients version of Sleepers Tomb at will.

3. Reduce the exp nerf on some quests (Crushbone Belts, Gnoll Fangs etc).

4. Make taunt require line of sight.

5. Significantly reduce the range in which non combatant NPC's will heal their comrades.

6. Add Mark of the Old Ways to Brother Zephyl and Brother Quinn.

7. Remove the ability for pets (or NPCs in general) to attack through walls.

8. Reduce the cap on dynamic zones / raid tool to 54.

9. Increase the damage multiplier on Backstab across all level ranges.

10. Fix levitate in Plane of Fire.

11. Enable Halfling/Gnome knight classes from launch.

12. Enable Wood Elf beastlords and Froglok Monk the expansion those races/classes become available.

Thanks!
    jeskola, Omarley and Ghadius like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

3. Brunlin Augur

Let me add a small one
    1. Detach Halflings Ranger/Pal and Gnome Sk/Pal from SOL expac and let it be a QOL change so these toons can be rolled in a classic start.
    And a bonus one that I will not get but its worth a shot....

Also detach Warens and Stonebrunt mountains from the Velious expac and make them QOL. This was added originally as free bonus content and these zones would be wonderful addition to a classic start. As it would make the Erud/Qeynos side popular again and would break up the CB/Unrest/Guk,North Ro/Oasis/guk, or Sola/Solb routes. I think a Warrens/Stonebrunt mountains/Solb/OOT sounds awesome.

I means so what if someone's halfling ranger gets a Wakizashi of the Frozen Skies in classic. We all will be in the planes in 5 days after the server drops......so no big deal really. :p
    Ulrin, jeskola and Protocol like this.
  4. Koniku Elder

disable levitate in the plane of fire
    Brunlin and Protocol like this.
  5. theonepercent Augur

I really don't understand why they don't do #1. They've said multiple times it wouldn't help but it's pretty obvious character creation is a massive problem every tlp.
    Protocol likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Sir you forgot the number 1 thing Bobby would ask for

1. Buff Rogues
    Protocol and Thewiz like this.
  7. Kodachi Augur

I wouldn't mind unlocking all the race/class combos and such. They went through the effort in the past to itemize everything for everyone anyway. I mean someone took the time and effort to make a set of berserker armor in plane of fear, nobody used it back then and sure as sure nobody uses it now.

The issue is they'd probably be a broken dumpy class without things that were built into the class for later levels... but then rogues exist on tlp so that isn't a concern.
    Brunlin likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Don't forget era realignment for some revamped/added zones to make them actually useful. Warrens, stonebrunt, jaggedpine, veksar, and VP 2.0 all need to be moved back 1 or 2 eras.
    Mashef and a_librarian like this.
  9. Zinth Augur

1. Allow players to create characters or reserve names before the server launches to mitigate some crashing and some queues on launch.

Yes please!

2. Have the Sleepers Tomb Agent of Change give players the ability to spawn either the Warders or Ancients version of Sleepers Tomb at will.

Absolutely, was one of my suggestions ages ago

3. Reduce the exp nerf on some quests (Crushbone Belts, Gnoll Fangs etc).

Definetly

4. Make taunt require line of sight.

*shrug*

5. Significantly reduce the range in which non combatant NPC's will heal their comrades.

nah

6. Add Mark of the Old Ways to Brother Zephyl and Brother Quinn.

no thanks

7. Remove the ability for pets (or NPCs in general) to attack through walls.

if they removed that they would also need to remove NPC's healing through walls etc. but doubt that will happen

8. Reduce the cap on dynamic zones / raid tool to 54.

why? they should be set to what they were made for, aka 72 for PoTime etc.

9. Increase the damage multiplier on Backstab across all level ranges.

why?

10. Fix levitate in Plane of Fire.

no never

11. Enable Halfling/Gnome knight classes from launch.

sure

12. Enable Wood Elf beastlords and Froglok Monk the expansion those races/classes become available.

fine with me

13. Also detach Warens and Stonebrunt mountains from the Velious expac and make them QOL.

This would be awesome, giving more places to hunt at the low end, we have tried "classic" more than enough and both short/long runs there just aren't enough places for everyone.
  10. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Oh look it's skuz junior.
  11. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

14. Revert open world spawn timers to fippy era of 7 days +/- 48 hours. This will heavily DE incentivize the plague that is zerg guilds, and likely introduce some actual competition back into the OW game though less supply more guilds. Keep AoC's and pickzones intact.
    Mashef and Bobbybick like this.
  12. GNOME_POWER Augur

You should stop ordering him around and make your point.
    Your rude attitude won't get the developers to listen, but it's worth the effort.
  13. Karliv Journeyman

wut? why? Is there some use for this that's game breaking?

To be clear here - taunt has the unusual property that taunt-pulled mobs do not trigger social agro (until they hit or cast on the target that taunted them, or are attacked/interacted with by some other ability).

Which allows for some interesting and creative pulls. But very unclear on why this is a problem/needs changing?

Do you also want them to rewrite social agro rules in general, as there are quite a few ... quirks ... to be learned?
  14. Zinth Augur

nah not really but we are guildmates and ya know, I have my own opinion
  15. Zinth Augur

it can be used at lower levels to pull for example Unrest from the outside, single, without risking going inside getting massive trains. other places it works too, but why it is a problem to sneak up to a mob and call it's mom a *beep* and it chases you down to hurt you without first asking all it's buddies to help?
  16. Karliv Journeyman

I guess I'd just say - there are quite a few quirks to pulling mechanics in the game. From exploiting weird pathing, to the way social agro and chaining works. How much of that ought to be removed? Is taunt the only target?
  17. tikles Journeyman

Make Autogrant AA only 2 expac's back instead of 4.. not for the next TLP, for all servers really. kk thanks.
    Discord likes this.
  18. Happyfeet V91 New Member

You're both wrong, he'd ask for his rogue to be unbanned.
  19. Zinth Augur

why not just play the game? on phinny I was maxed AA long before the next expansion... was first when I took a longer break that I got a little behind, even then I caught up... get the important ones, let the autogrant fill out the fluff ones, there aren't THAT many core AA's
  20. FragsTLP New Member

4b: Using taunt should break any invis

13. Actively ban botters. Just go check out the 5 picks of them in Siren's Grotto on Aradune ;)