Wizard Love

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Quoting this cause I love your forum title. :)

Spell casting could use a complete overhaul for all classes. Make spells like AAs with no global cool down add more damage to the spells and ditch the procs.

Banging hell out of a keyboard waiting for the cooldown to end is not fun! I've been playing a rogue a lot more than my wizzy of the last year and it is a much better system with AAs and discs than the spell system.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

He is my mortal enemy.
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  3. Windance Augur

I don't play a wizard and I agree they need a serious boost in DPS.

I find it hard to believe that so much of their total dps is based on procs. That should be something fairly easily to fix.
  4. Ezbro Elder

Darkpaw is trolling the wizards! Please stop!
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Increasing our passive crit chance by 10-15% would be a good start. ;)

Tbh, I think procs have gone out of control. A single spell-cast result in so many proc-numbers, that I need a parser to get an idea about how hard I hit.
    I miss the old days where a single spell-cast, would give me a single line of text in my combat-spam.
    Stymie, Ulrin, Griggson and 4 others like this.
  6. Endorek Lorekeeper

I parked my wizard of more than 20 years to roll a zerker because he wasn't able to match the damage. It's pathetic, wizards should be the number one DPS class in the game, more than zerkers more than rogues. Port spells that save 5 minutes at best versus guild hall ports are not a defining class feature, and their DPS is balanced by their squishiness and their manapool which other DPS classes don't have to sacrifice in nearly the same way.
    Chanteren, Stymie, Coagagin and 3 others like this.
  7. Vaeeldar Augur

They need a boost but the number one? Sorry chain classes may as well be as squishy anymore in modern content also.

Wiz should be right up there with ber and rogue but they aren’t they aren’t even close. They are so broken at this point I just retired them. Mage is also hurting but no where near as bad.

The reality is caster dps can’t keep up with melee dps (except necros).
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Ezbro Elder

Right on Jumbur! They now realize they have been intruducing huge lag with these infinite extra calculations, procs, aa effects, twincasts and what ever, for so many classes. As far as I am concerned they could get rid of all that randomness and let us manage damage vs aggro for ourselves. That was a skill, now it's gone.
    Jumbur likes this.
  9. Laronk Augur

Why not go a different direction,

Have wizzies actually be top tier dps above berserkers but make it so agro is a problem.
    Petalonyx and Jumbur like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, it would certainly be a twist if the squishiest class would have to manage agro more closely than the tanks... :eek: I have been ignoring tankswaps for years...;)
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Is agro a problem for berserkers and necros?
  12. Vaeeldar Augur

When is aggro ever a problem anymore period? I love when people bring this up it's not even a thing anymore.
    Stymie likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Comparing the squishiness of a class that needs to be in melee range to do dps versus one that can stay out of melee range isn't exactly fair. Sure some of it can be avoided by staying at max melee range but there is more that can be avoided by staying further out.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Let me get 1% healing from all my spells and then we'll talk.
    Travestii and Sancus like this.
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, Wizards are definitely hurting. I don't think they should be more DPS than a Zerker but they should definitely be closer to them than they currently are.
    Stymie likes this.
  16. Endorek Lorekeeper

It's not about AC, it's about HP and chain classes get more. You can say they're almost as squishy and that's fine, I can't argue "almost" but I still think they shouldn't just be up there, they should be better. They're the only DPS class truly tied to a manabar and that's why they deserve to be number one. Zerkers and rogues for sure, rangers and monks in most scenarios are better sustained DPS because they aren't limited. Wizards should be the number one dps class in the game, I will die on this hill. If they get boosted to 2 or 3 I won't be as obnoxious about my complaints, but the state they're in right now is ridiculous.
    Stymie, Thundersnake and Ninelder like this.
  17. kizant Augur

Except we have to melee too. Unless we want to lose a good 6% or so of our burn DPS.

Wizards have no advantage that actually matters. Unless you like doing 1/3 less damage against any mob with fire resists, having less HP and no good way to heal outside of NET procs. But then going into melee range when you need health isn't exactly smart. Our AEs are a mess. You need like 7 of them and they keep you damaged and blind. There's also our great snare and root that never get used in a group or raid.. Oh and we don't need invis potions. That's about what it amounts to as far as advantages. Invis potions and ports that are generally worse than what the guild hall or clickies provide.

Self-Incineration is my favorite as of late. Hadn't used that line of spells in a while and I forgot that the self-damaging effect is focusable. It's always nice to do this kinda damage to yourself during a raid.

[Thu Feb 11 19:38:46 2021] You have taken 75668 damage from Self-Incineration Effect III. (Lucky Critical Twincast)
    [Thu Feb 11 19:38:52 2021] You have taken 75738 damage from Self-Incineration Effect III. (Lucky Critical Twincast)
    [Thu Feb 11 19:38:59 2021] You have taken 75388 damage from Self-Incineration Effect III. (Lucky Critical Twincast)
    Stymie, Thundersnake, Ulrin and 4 others like this.
  18. Vaeeldar Augur

Not 2000 anymore lots of classes tied to end. And hp is pretty damn similiar. Equal to top dps yes the best? Nah. Not 1999
  19. Laronk Augur

That's really the point agro isn't an issue for anyone. I don't mean wizzies should just be a little bit better but i mean they can get stupid better and having a better tank would be like ADPS in that wizzies dps is more limited by the agro of the tank.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said there wasn't balance issues that need to be addressed. All I said is you shouldn't just complain about survivability versus melee damage when one class is melee based and will be in melee range and the other class isn't melee based and can stay out of melee range for more safety.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.