Not A Bug HA Scaling in The Broken Mirror on TLP

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Skuz, Sep 11, 2020.

1. KrakenReality Augur

Oof, couldn't even finish We Make Our Own Rewards. Group got wiped out by Exalted Guardian Relth hits for ~5k and does 18k AE against a group of level 76's just trying to gear up.

Are you sure this isn't bugged?
    PCSS likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

These were scaled down once in last July's patch and have been working good for most of my groups. Exalted Guardian is no longer one shotting and we can take him down normally now. Perhaps they did not scale down for that level. After all most starting levels in zones are inherently harder and get easier the higher level you are.

Patch notes- Heroic adventures from Call of the Forsaken, The Darkened Sea, The Broken Mirror, and Empires of Kunark have been reverted to use the spell scaling data from when those expansions launched.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-july-15-2020.269028/

Per Prathun
    I'm working on re-tuning TBM scaling content. (Except for the Hate / Fear Revisited NPCs, which were already retuned). These changes will go out with the July update.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-in-the-broken-mirror-on-phinny.268396/page-3
    PCSS likes this.
  3. KrakenReality Augur

I wouldn't be posting, if it still wasn't broken. For the new characters I was working on with friends our group was 76-78, and mob cons at level 80 are equivalent to Crystallos-era raid mobs damage output.
    PCSS likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The hate and fear raids should be beatable with a level 75 shrouded raidforce imho. What other reason would there be to support scaling down to 75?

Edit: Disregard this, just noticed shrouds only go up to level 70...:oops:
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, at level 100 that mob was unbeatable for many of my groups until after that patch. He still is no pushover but he no longer wipes us with one hit.

I assume it was only fixed for me then?:D
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't HA scaling supposed to reduce Developer/Designer touch points and not force them to hand-tune HAs after every expansion released? Big fail there.

Yeah....HA scaling needs to go away forever. More risk for the same reward is a losing game design ethos.
    PCSS likes this.
  7. KrakenReality Augur

I don't really see the relevance between raids and HA's that are specifically designed to be scaled down and allow an efficient path for gear progression.

When we get to 100, we'll let you know.
    PCSS likes this.
  8. KrakenReality Augur

You going to look at these HA's yet, we just passed the 3 year anniversary...

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ha-scaling.246549/

It probably doesn't seem important to you, but the HA's are the pipeline for returning and new players to come back into the game. They're a solid idea and are important to the game's sustainability. Not to mention, you have a NPC in PoK that actively encourages HA's.
    PCSS likes this.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

Bug or Feedback call it whatever you want these need to be fixed.
    PCSS, Skuz and KrakenReality like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The hate and fear raids were also specifically designed to scale down afaik, I don't think anyone ever tried them at low levels though, but it was one of the selling points. It was never discovered if the raidloot was any different at lower levels... I guess raiding guilds with a level 75 raidforce on live servers were kinda non-existant in the TBM era...:p

They used the same HA-scaling system for the raids, so they are technically related.
    You are right though, it is kinda off-topic.
    PCSS likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Technically Ngreth is correct that the HA scaling isn't bugged, it was an intentional change implemented for live servers.

The team had re-tuned old level 105 HA (and earlier ones possibly) to to have level 110 appropriate mob levels, defensive/offensive spells and melee and despite a huge amount of negative feedback on the changes refused to revert them.

See > this thread < for plenty of such feedback at the time

Then later on, when the Phinigel TLP server unlocked TBM, Players feedbacked that they were seeing their TDS Raid-Geared level 105 tanks getting 1-shotted by nukes that had a higher value than any tank could possibly have in hit-points in that era.

Prathun did carry out a reversion of Spell tables back to era appropriate values which helped a lot but hadn't had enough time to do the melee reversions & so he planned to carry out the rest of the changes later in a second pass the results of which were going to be scheduled to be included with the July 2020 patch - however he left Darkpaw for Blizzard before he had completed that and so the work he had planned to do was incomplete.

The remaining reversions have not been finished. The team had to focus on completing CoV to get it out before the end of the year, consequently Phinigel, Selo & Miragul TLP servers had to endure progressing through heavily over-tuned content - any players on live trying to catch up through those eras had been dealing with that over-tune for far longer.

In conclusion the team's decision to re-tune old content to a higher level was a short-sighted and frankly stupid one, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

To think, the HA scaling debacle was borne out of people grinding Gribbles missions.
    Elyssanda and KrakenReality like this.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

Leveled up to 82, and here's the melee mercenary being one-shotted (Rank 13 Improved Health +1800HP max rank for level 80). Note this is the final mob to complete the task and not a rare mob. (I don't even bother with the rare mobs. They would've been the toughest mobs in ToV.)

[Sat Feb 13 00:16:02 2021] Guardian Elle, the Exalted tries to slash YOU, but YOU dodge!
    [Sat Feb 13 00:16:02 2021] Guardian Elle, the Exalted tries to bash YOU, but misses!
    [Sat Feb 13 00:16:03 2021] Guardian Elle, the Exalted begins casting Guardian Strike.
    [Sat Feb 13 00:16:03 2021] Guardian Elle, the Exalted says, 'I hope that gets rid of you forever.'
    [Sat Feb 13 00:16:03 2021] Guardian Elle, the Exalted hit Vlelluk for 24989 points of chromatic damage by Guardian Strike.
    [Sat Feb 13 00:16:03 2021] Vlelluk staggers.
    [Sat Feb 13 00:16:03 2021] Vlelluk has been slain by Guardian Elle, the Exalted!

Below is a level 82 bard, autogrant AAs and 28k hp buffed which would be pretty good for SoD-era.

[Sat Feb 13 00:14:33 2021] Guardian Elle, the Exalted begins casting Guardian Strike.
    [Sat Feb 13 00:14:33 2021] Guardian Elle, the Exalted says, 'I hope that gets rid of you forever.'
    [Sat Feb 13 00:14:33 2021] Guardian Elle, the Exalted hit You for 29322 points of chromatic damage by Guardian Strike.
    [Sat Feb 13 00:14:33 2021] You staggers.
    [Sat Feb 13 00:14:33 2021] You have been slain by Guardian Elle, the Exalted!

How you could look at this stuff as not being bugged is ridiculous.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Come on! you have 0 seconds to dodge guardian strike, there is even an emote and everything...:p

Seriously though, I consider that a bug too, and not just "feedback about tuning"...:eek:
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I really don't understand the Dev pushback against removing the HA scaling system. It's quite clearly, quite literally broken. Devs will have to go into every HA and hand-tune every mob, every spell.

The issue isn't whether one mob, or one mission is bugged. The issue is that the HA Scaling System IS the bug.
    Barton likes this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Make sure you LIKE the first post here to show the Dev team this issue is important to you.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

Very well spoken.
  18. Ratalthor Developer

The design team has confirmed that this is not a bug. If you have feedback, please share it in a forum section other than Bug Reports.