Info Needed Chat channels redux

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Malbro, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Malbro Augur

Tonight, Jan 5th, zoned to the neighborhood guildhall and lost my chat channels. These are not server wide but my regular autojoin channels.

Zoned to the lobby and got them back. Joined the raid channels and wait list channel then after zoning to the guildhall again, they went away.

Did this 3 times.

I have also been losing them after spending time in a zone. It's been this way since the chat channel maintenance 4? months ago.
    Elyssanda, Nenamile and Barton like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-found-on-channel-server.272699/#post-3992340
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/autojoin-fails.272639/#post-3992336
  3. Malbro Augur

And this is a response because? Doesn't change the situation.

The Devs said that everything was hunky dory and they closed the other thread about this.

Something I forgot to mention in my original post. When I talk in a channel, i.e. beastlord, it takes up to 30 seconds for my echo to show in my chat window.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

They are still a problem and it bothers me that Ratalthor just arbitrarily closed the thread without ascertaining that the problem was TRULY fixed. I was grouped with a guildee last night who had no chat channels. she camped twice before finally getting them back, then lost them again at the end of the night when we went back to the guild hall.
  5. Nenamile New Member

Chat channels are still a problem. The last 24 hours mine have on occasions remained for a couple of hours but generally I am losing channels after around 10 minutes on one character. I have seriously been thinking about whether I can carry on raiding when most of my guild do not seem to be suffering the same problem. For some of us the problem is far from fixed.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

This is very very frustrating, even for those of us who Don't have the problem, because we will be in a raid with someone who does, and misses their cues because they don't see the messages we send out.
  7. Malbro Augur

Lost them again in Western Wastes. Sure am glad they did that chat server maintenance 5 months ago that started all this.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

Regarding chat channels disappearing, it helps us investigate if you can privately message me your account name, character name, server, and at what time you ran into this issue.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

10. Ratalthor Developer

Thanks everyone who has been affected that has sent me info privately.

We performed a reload of all of our chat services over last weekend. Has anybody experienced any issues with losing chat channels since Sunday (02/07/2021)?
  11. Moege Augur

FV general chat was full overflow general1 did not join. 2/3 hours ago. Bet if you log in when there is 400 in general then it wont work for you either. Ongoing issue that raises its head frequently. Do not know if its related to zoning and losing other chat channels.
  12. Malbro Augur

Other than taking roughly 30 seconds or so to see my echo showing that I am, indeed, in a channel, no.

Just did a /list and as above, 30 seconds to get the list of channels I'm in.
  13. Symbius Augur

Haven't completely lost them, but they are extremely slow most of the time. I've typed a message in them and nothing... then about 20-30 seconds later it shows up on my screen as having sent the message. People have sent broadcasts in Guild chat that gets repeated in chat channels and again it's delayed in the chat channel before it comes through.

But I guess at least the chat shows up eventually. That's an improvement.
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Again, not having a problem with Elyssanda on Cazic (my main), but my namesaver on Luclin.
    2/14/2021 10:14 am Central time
    [IMG]
  15. Malbro Augur

Still having this trouble and sent you a PM Ratalthor, last night roughly 5pm pst zoned into the Klandicar, WW instance, and lost my chat channels.

Zoned to the guildhall, still not there, and back to the instance and finally got them back.