Re: Overseer Active Quest Wipe and Compensation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyre Wintermute, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Qelil Augur

Problems, problems, problems all day long...

I hope the fix works. I'll take the agents thanks. If it's for free, it's for me.

Not everyone is max on Overseer as incredible as that may sound.

I was on a break! That PS4 means nothing to me now. I was drunk at the time. It's always been you, EQ.
    Quatr and Metanis like this.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Does anyone else just not care? I use overseer multiple times a day and I don't mind at all what they're doing. Life goes on.
    Jumbur likes this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

Hey Id take a bag of Gnoll poop if its free!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

Gardening again?
    MasterMagnus and Flatchy like this.
  5. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

He's a troll which means, for him, it's a snack
    Flatchy and Metanis like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

856 agents
    32 bandits.....

I haven't bothered converting since I got all agents.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I still have 263 in my /itemoverflow from where my house went walkabouts. Some of the items when I was removing them said they were lore and couldn't remove them, search showed up I didn't have those items....I gave up after it happened with a few items. I think I'm bugged, but hey ho, I can still play and do what I want. :)
  8. Angahran Augur

You do realize that they are under no obligation to give any 'compensation' and are just doing this as a bonus, right ?

They could have simply said, "We will be wiping active overseer quests during the next patch."
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

But they also could have expressly saved the current state of a player's Overseer session and restored it. Sure, it would have been more work but what kind of value do you place on customer satisfaction?
    Qelil likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Just brainstorming here...They may believe that the data that contains the players own overseer tasks may, in fact, be corrupted in some fashion and be contributing to the dropped quest issue. In any case, it seems to be a trivial inconvenience to me.
    Angahran likes this.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

That's not the way you negotiate! I'm still holding out for Fippy!
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I was negotiating? In any case, I want a special edition Brell agent. Bah on Fippy.

Dwarven Peoples Unite!!!!!
    Sissruukk likes this.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Buy Fippy with the FREE station cash?
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't mind the the compensation being given. We're going to make out way better in the end with quests no longer disappearing. Sacrificing 1 day of quests is worth it. The players that don't have all the Overseers get a nice little boost.
    Sokki, Qelil and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The good, the bad, and the ugly.....

The good: Quests won't disappear any more

The bad: The ones which had already disappeared, but not shown back up yet, never will.

The ugly: In the last 5 days, I've had more disappearing quests in a short period than ever before. And they won't be coming back, LOL!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. GoneFission Augur

I had an issue on one account that had agents go missing. I noticed it when iconic agents I used came up missing. Not unavailable, they were no longer in my roster. I wonder if, when the tasks go missing, they take away the agents. If the tasks never reappear, neither do the agents.
    nitrocutter likes this.
  17. Cadira Augur

[IMG]
  18. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

While you're wiping and deleting I would throw in all asslings, the abominations known as half-elves and any/all berzerkers (until Iksar can roll one then they are ok). Maybe Paladins too their hero complex is incredibly annoying.

Drakkin can go bye bye too their run animation is fail.
  19. Zamiam Augur

This is not a complaint : but its funny this was suppose to be an active quest wipe , which im guessing it did .. however you would think that they would of reset Overseer quests completed also .. mine is showing 4/10 still .. not a big deal as the quests are gonna be rotated in under 2 hours ..

EDIT: also I had 1 quest left on my account this morning a 24 hour one that had 9 hours left on it that I could not complete or finish early .. and now I think im missing some agents .. I had all 86 common agents last night and now I have 83 .. have not checked my uncommon or rare/elites ..
    just checked my other agents and they all look ok ..
    GoneFission likes this.
  20. Makta Elder

I had a quest drop after resetting and zoning. Fix didn't work...that is all