Test Update 02/09/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 9, 2021.

1. EQ Dev Developer

February 09, 2021

*** Items ***

- Marionette puppet familiars can now be placed in real estate without looking like a brown bag.
    - Augments purchased from Tanin Gleamstone in Western Wastes can now be sold back to him for a fraction of the purchase price.
    - Corrected AC values for caster 2-handed blunt weapons.
    - Claws of Veeshan augments now have the correct Lore and Lore Equip groups attached.
    - Merchants that sell the 'Tracker's Water Extractor' will now carry an unlimited stock of this item.
    - Changed some of the modern Spell Casting Proc items so they won't trigger from other proc effects or twincast. This is a step, but not the entire solution, to reduce raid lag. Recursive proc casting is causing a huge amount of spells to be cast in a short time.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Aaryonar Raid - Made a speculative fix to a reported issue that would cause Grolik to lock his hit points.
    - Paladin and Rogue Epic: Reduced the respawn time for the Oracle of K'Arnon from about 7 hours to 2 hours.
    - Paladin Epic: Lich of Miragul will now spawn thirty-five hours after being killed. There will now be a delay for between five and fourteen hours before it will spawn for the first time.
    - Druid and Ranger Epic: Venril Sathir's remains will spawn every twenty hours instead of just over twenty-six hours. This will increase the window to access this NPC for quest hand-ins.
    - Magician Epic: Undertow (and its placeholder) will spawn every six hours instead of just over seven hours.
    - Monk Epic changes:
    - - Increased the chance for Targin the Rock from 5 percent to 15 percent and Raster of Guk from 2 percent to 10 percent.
    - - Brother Zephyl, Brother Qwinn, Ran'un, Brother Velan Torresk, and Thena Lonnes have grown in strength. They are much more dangerous. Also, persons killing these folks will be greatly disliked by monk factions.
    - Rogue Epic changes:
    - - Eldreth will now return after leaving for one hour rather than eight. He can no longer be killed by miscreants.
    - - Founy Jesthands and Tani N'Mar will no longer have any parchment on their corpses if killed. They will, however, always have them in their pockets if someone happens to be clever enough to take them.
    - - Renux Heranor will no longer carry a Jagged Diamond Dagger.
    - - General V'ghera will no longer carry a Cazic Quill.
    - - Karg IceBear will be a bit easier to find and will be carrying the Gigantic Zweihander more often.
    - Enchanter Epic changes:
    - - Vessel Drozlin and Wraith of Shissar will now respawn nine hours after being killed and from five to fourteen hours after zone or server reset.
    - - Verina Tomb will now respawn thirteen hours after being killed and from five to fourteen hours after zone or server reset.
    - - The One Key, Lost Scroll, and Charm and Sacrifice have had their respawn time reduced from twenty-four to five hours.
    - Shadowknight epic changes:
    - - Caradon will now spawn 8 hours after being killed and from five to fourteen hours after a zone or server reset.
    - - Lhranc will now spawn 13 hours after being killed and from five to fifteen hours after a zone or server reset.
    - - NPCs involved in the quest for Innoruuk's Curse can now see things that are invisible. They will only deal with people they like.
    - Wizard Epic: Broken golem will now spawn 8 hours after being killed and from four to twelve hours after a zone or server reset.

*** Spells ***

- Beastlord - Auspice of Kildrukaun Rk. II and Rk. III can now be selected as rewards from the Lesser Bloodmarked Velium Gem and Lesser Dragontouched Rune, respectively.

*** NPCs ***

- All wares sold by Morton Stonebreaker in Western Wastes have had a pricing decrease.

*** Overseer ***

- Changed how Overseer quests load and save as a speculative fix to the bug where Overseer quests sometimes disappear. As part of this change, all Overseer Active Quests have been deleted. For the inconvenience, all players who have used Overseer before should have an Overseer Agent Pack available to you in /itemoverflow.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Made the following changes to guild halls to prevent them from being removed when a player deletes their character or server transfers:
    - - Placed guild halls no longer have an item owner, instead, they are owned by the guild.
    - - Only the guild leader will be able to put a placed guildhall in their inventory.
    - - Anyone with Move-Item access will be able to adjust a guild hall's placement.
    - Activated combat skills (ex: kick, bash) with reuse times affected by haste or slow effects can now only be slowed to a maximum of 2x their base reuse time.
    - - This ensures that skills activated while you are heavily slowed will no longer be locked out for exceptionally long periods of time.
    - Marketplace - Corrected an issue where additional Mount Key Ring Slots were not visible for purchase.
    - Fixed a bug that caused group invites to someone that has a shortened version of your name to not function.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Nice, looks like most of the epic bottlenecks/complaints are taken care of while still requiring a bit of effort. Only remainder is the griefing of the cleric epic?
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So:
    - Augments purchased from Tanin Gleamstone in Western Wastes can now be sold back to him for a fraction of the purchase price.

Since I believe there is no difference between the vendor sold type 5 augs and the named dropped type 5 augs ... AND the missions still have low levels of currency, I believe you are setting up the various type 5 aug named to be even more heavily farmed and perhaps a prime target for bot farmers.

Is that what you want?

Even if the sell back is 1/10 the purchase price, it's still more coin that you get from a mission. And if the sell back is 1/100 (aka 5 coin), why are you doing this in the first place?

Unless you have a specific way to differentiate coin purchased augs from dropped augs, I would not do this change. At least on Xegony, those camps are already hard enough to get during play time.

Edit: Test is up and the sellback on type 5 augs is ... 350!!!

That's a pretty big fraction and a pretty big incentive to farm any of the type 5 augs and just sell back to get what you want.
    WeezFv, Skuz, Zaray and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

And since I was on Test, I checked the price reduction for raid items. Looks like a 20 percent drop across the board.
  5. Cadira Augur

Can we just get missions to give like 65 coins a piece so we can buy half an aug per run instead of 45? This would be on par with ToV standards. And compared to ToV, the missions take more time (mostly in running to and from each mission) and have far more difficulty than ToV posed.
    Coagagin and eqgamer like this.
  6. eqMath Journeyman

I haven't camped all of the type 5 augs, but the heroic dex aug camp is pretty miserable.
    Morwenna drops the aug rarely, and there's no other loot in the camp. I have like 80 of each collectible from the neriads. Nothing else drops there, no platinum or TS items. I am going to guess the heroic agi one is probably similar, as they're both underwater and have the same npc types (sharks, sirens, neriads).

I think bots have more lucrative places to go than that. And, I have seen the camp open many times. It might be a good camp if you've completed most other things and don't have anything else to do, but after camping Morwenna for 20+ hours, I wanted to work on other stuff and opted for missions instead. When I see the camp open now, I don't take it. I really can't see myself doing a different camp for an equally rare type 5 aug (I am going to guess these all have the same style loot table) and get a portion of the sell price.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

I guess people are going to change their loot setting to Need for all non-lore type 5's.
    Zaray likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Your math is bad.

Missions give 270 currency (45x6) and there are 4 missions for a total of 1,080 currency every 6 hours, or a maximum of 4,320 per day.

The augs have a ~9% drop chance according to Magelo.

Morwena has something like a 1-5% spawn chance (avg 3%) and 5 PHs iirc, and something close to 15 minute respawn.

So assuming you keep all PHs down, for 1 spawn cycle you have a .09 * .03 * 5 = .0135 (1.35%) chance at an aug. With 4 spawn cycles in an hour, 24 hours a day = 1.296 augs / day on average. With a resale value of 350 that's 453.6 coins / day.

453.6 vs 4,320

Hrm, that's a tough choice.
  9. Miena Elder

Someone must hate rogues. Easy epic was basically the only reason to be a rogue on TLPs. Requiring robes and the weapon quest 100% of the time greatly extends the quest.
    Moege likes this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

There can be items with the same name that function the same but are different items. Overseer collection items for example are all no-drop and give you credit for the collection but you can't trade them like the ones you collect from the zones.
  11. eqgamer Augur

Thank you :)
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

What....

Lets be a real person for a minute. You sleep-ish for 7-8 hrs, shower, get ready for work, work for 8-10 hrs, get home, deal with dinner/kids etc. you are roughly taken 20 hrs of the day. That leave time to run 1 set of missions a day and maybe hit a camp for a bit.

So your math is bad.

This will 100% make people camp these named all the time.
    WeezFv, Zaray and Cadira like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

+10 Epic bottlenecks reduced while not removed entirely :D

-10 TBM HA reversions not completed :(

-10 TBL raid keying not addressed :mad:
    Zinth and Barton like this.
  14. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I tested on Test. I had 1 drop and the rest coin augs. All were able to be sold back for currency.

For Overseer, they have specifically made a separate set of collect items that are attunable and that's what are given out via candy dish rewards.

Right now at least, there is no way (that I can see) for the game to carry a special flag that indicates whether an item was currency bought or dropped from a mob ... when the items themselves are the same.

Again, since this is a discussion section, I am just posting what I have found ... and how player behavior might change to adapt.
  15. strongbus Augur

simple answer just do a name change on one of them. wouldn't be that had. can't be fixed for the ones people already have but could just change the name of say the one that drops.
  16. stevensg New Member

- Druid and Ranger Epic: Venril Sathir's remains will spawn every twenty hours instead of just over twenty-six hours.
    - Magician Epic: Undertow (and its placeholder) will spawn every six hours instead of just over seven hours.

Any idea what's the point of these changes? Those are still long spawn timers.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, 1 set of missions. Let's assume it takes you an hour to do all 4 missions.

1080 guaranteed currency vs a 5.4% chance at one (1) aug valued at 350. (So averaged to 18.9 coin/hour).

1080 vs 18.9.

No matter how much or how little time you have to play, it is NEVER better to camp the aug than to do the missions.
  18. kizant Augur

I sent a PM to Ngreth and Aristo with some example data but I would like to reiterate my main point here. While this change above is probably for the best, it does impact certain classes more than others. Wizards, for example, get a large amount of their DPS from procs. On a recent Zlandicar burn I counted 45% of my DPS from procs and if I just narrow that down to modern procs it comes out to around 20%. My twincast rate was also pretty high. I'm seeing 86% in my one example so I'd expect my burn DPS to go down by a decent 8% to 9% on an event like Zlandicar. And Wizard burn DPS is already significantly behind most melee and other casters as it is. We're kinda in a bad spot to being with and to put this into perspective. This change basically wipes out all the gains we got in CoV.

Mages and Beastlords are also impacted a decent amount but maybe only 1/2 as much as Wizards. Most other classes probably won't even notice a difference. At least on burns.

Here's a breakdown of my procs so you can add it yourself if you're not convinced.
    [IMG]
  19. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I second Kizant's concern here.

I easily run 45 percent proc rate damage on Zlandicar. And usually over 40 percent on all the other CoV/ToV raids. While some of those are self/aa procs, a large portion of them are not.

I feel like with this change, raid forces would be dumb to carry active wizards over other classes equally skilled. We bring nothing to the table besides our dps at this point.
  20. German Augur

I think you're being a little generous here. People are already done farming them and having a hard time getting a group to slog through them yet again. I see calls for tanks and healers in general to do them for quite a bit. Sure, everyone gets coin...but if only one person needs it the camps might be the only alternative short of boxing them.

And before anyone thinks I am whining that I will be harmed by this somehow, I will benefit from it because I kept every type 5 that I came across nobody wanted. It doesn't make those who are unable get groups at the drop of a hat or find classes to help with it any better off and will bottle neck them or further discourage those who are in that category.

Crag is in the same boat as me, quite able to get his all he wants. Never underestimate the power of the autobot crew on the respective servers to grief the casuals. One on ours lags the whole zone out while spawning another pick.

My vote is to just pull them off the named, leave them without a sell back, and ensure we can get enough coin in two runs to buy an aug. It worked pretty well in ToV. Maybe we're wrong, and it will not happen how we are laying it out but when you see the casual casual guild force to fight for 1 camp in Western Wastes having to fight with the other guy who is boxing 40+ characters monopolizing the whole zone, what makes you think he's not going to just spread out to the named camps and sell those augs in general all day....you know like all the other "services" that he's able to miraculously do? This will help the bots, hurt the casuals bad, annoy the people who can get 1-2 hours in here and there and not affect most of the power players.

Maybe make then expansion wide rares without sell back.
    Lorai, WeezFv, Kianara and 1 other person like this.