Re: Overseer Active Quest Wipe and Compensation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyre Wintermute, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

So we're getting " an Overseer Agent Pack" ? A whole 3 common agents? I'm pretty sure anyone on live who's actively used Overseer has met their quota of agents, let alone common ones. I know I had them in 3-4 months, with numerous dupes.

Why not just give out:
    Uncommon Agent Echo
    Rare Agent Echo
    Elite Agent Echo

At least those could be converted to agents or progress towards maxing a level. Still not much for those with all areas maxxed and all agents collects.. but still better than a whole whopping 3 common agents.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

It seems like you are misunderstanding, you keep agents and stats. On the patch, only active quests will be wiped, so at most you lose 5 quests that are running if you do not claim them before the servers go down.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I am not misunderstanding anything.

I'm saying the compensation, after Overseer being active so long, is basically... worthless. They could have at least chosen something that may potentially have "value" to some, who haven't maxxed everything out yet. Those who have maxxed it all just get nothing... but 3 common agents means nothing to anyone who's actively used Overseer for more than 2-3 months.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

I agree the idea of some form of "compensation" is nice.
    The implementation is severely lackluster, I won't call it a slap in the face but someone might
    Stephen51 and Strumph like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I agree with OP.

This is absurd! I will quit my 47 accounts and destroy my krono if you don't compensate me for this egregiousness!
  6. Febb Augur

A free Overseer pack? What do you think I am, a charity case? I THREW IT ON THA GROUND!

[IMG]
    WeezFv, Makta, Jhenna_BB and 2 others like this.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

If you're maxed out then why are you complaining? The compensation is there to offset what people might be losing during the patch not just some random bonus item.
    Strumph, Nolrog and Endorek like this.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I know it's a bit of a foreign concept on these forums.. but it's called constructive criticism. I didn't just come and "complain" nor did I post some rage-filled "I quit" post.

I criticized the decision to "compensate" for the loss of Overseer quests, by giving out 3 common agents, and offered a suggestion to replace it with Echos, which can be chosen for Overseer XP OR agents. Since losing out on those quests means losing out on Overseer XP, as well as the associated rewards, it seems like a better choice of compensation.

It's like if they "compensated" players by giving out 5 doses of 100% mana potions, and WAR/ROG/MNK/BER asking for the choice to select an endurance potion instead. Makes sense no?
    Makta and cadres like this.
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Can't believe people are complaining about their compensation (which DP doesn't even have to do) for the inconvenience of a single reset. It's like a crack addict complaining their drug is held up for an hour cause their dealer needs to change the color of the wrapper.

It will rub the lotion on it's skin and like the compensation...
    Zaray and Endorek like this.
  10. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

No
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

And why not? Your eloquence in rebuttal is astounding.
    Coagagin likes this.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Or, just, like...don't have any quests active and you don't lose anything and get something for nothing.
    Zaray likes this.
  13. Jondalar Augur

Currency seems like a reasonable compensation rather than packs
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Curerncy would have been better, I'm maxed on all agents with dupes of most.

@Dreamweaver
    Is there a max on how many agents you can have?

Also is there a max on how much you can have in your overflow window?
  15. Zamiam Augur

ive had as many as 4 common/uncommon agents if that answers your question ..
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I have accounts with 10+ specific common agents. It's just a counter so I doubt there's an easily obtainable limit.

I've had accounts with 200+ items in /itemoverflow as well. Really a pita to move stuff out.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

I want the Fippy agent.
    Makta and Coagagin like this.
  18. Jondalar Augur

I actively try NOT to crit to get any more agents and im around 650 agents on 3 accounts.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

Too many agents will lag the server!
    Jondalar and Qelil like this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

The clear problem is too many players. Fewer players = less lag. :)
    Metanis and Qelil like this.