Proposed QoL Epic 1.0 Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bobbybick, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Ruhi Augur

the extended target window wasn't on ragefire, phinny. It wasn't added to tlp's till later - so there's some mixed info you're giving out there.
  2. Captain Video Augur

It was bugged on Ragefire, I dunno about Phinny. The extended target window was added as part of the Underfoot expansion, and originally on Live servers you had to own Underfoot to use this feature. Later it was changed to make the window available to any toon at level 20. That's how it has worked on the last three TLP cycles. It isn't any different on those TLPs than it is on Live, which was my point.
  3. NotMyCharacterName New Member

I like the changes, and would add more if I thought the devs gave a about the players of this game. If you have a to camp something and pay for your epic with krono because neckbeards can stay up for days at a time locking down kills, they get more money.
  4. Absor Developer

If someone would like to PM me the specific issues where players can grief the cleric epic, I would be grateful. You'd save me a lot of time.
    Roxas MM likes this.
  5. Xanadas Augur

Paladin 1.0 two-handed sword makes no sense. Knights use 1hs/shield literally their entire existence. The epic should have been a 1h or a shield (1.5 and 2.0 too for that matter). I've played a paladin since I first rolled in 2000 and I have rolled paladin mains on every new server/tlp cycle and never once have I bothered to do such a useless epic quest.
  6. Xanadas Augur

100% agree w below. The rest of the epic is fine. Having to squat the entire crew in Neriak for 1.5 days doing absolutely nothing just to avoid a KS while six other level 1 toons stare at Verina spawn point is so dumb.

===========
    Enchanter
    - Vessel Drozlin in East Cabilis respawn timer changed to 3 hours.
    - Verina Tomb in Neriak Thid Gate respawn timer changed to 3 hours.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

8. jeskola pheerie

When not tanking on raids you still use your 1h? Even in Kunark?
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Not me (SK). I use the board and sword on tough named but always use the two-hander when I don't need the extra mitigation.
  10. brickz Augur

Fixes on 1.0 bottlenecks would be greatly appreciated for the next TLP... maybe even start one in kunark instead of classic
    Barton likes this.
  11. Draxiss Darkmare New Member

Lets get the Blood Soaked Prismatic Priest Robe set to No Drop. This will slow the RMT sellers being able to Cleric epics and actual clerics not be KS'd at the two Lord camps.
  12. Xanadas Augur

Yes. Jeldorin and Bladestopper. Pally 2h damage is trash and always will be. By the time POP comes around, you should definitely never be using a 2h - get a Hopebringer and SoS.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Nice, they shortened almost all the bottleneck spawns and removed some of the shortcuts so people have to do the quests. Also

Wizard Epic: Broken golem will now spawn 8 hours after being killed and from four to twelve hours after a zone or server reset.

Means you have a chance at it in DZ Im assuming similar to Qvic Goats where they sometimes spawn before the DZ closes.
  15. Catalina Journeyman

16. a_librarian Augur

Appreciate the effort devs. The toxic choke points around popular stuff like this is very easily the worst part of the TLP experience in my opinion. Very much worth the developer time to address
    Digler likes this.
  17. Protocol Dragon Defender

Now to just add the ability to spawn a dz of ST 1.0 or 2.0 each week instead of having the DZ tied to the open world zone state.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  18. Tierdal Augur

At what point is it going to be enough? When you spawn into the game max level with BIS items and a billion plat?
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thats not really comparable to a somewhat reasonable request of being able to see all the content. Even if they somehow made a flag that once you beat ST 1.0 once you couldn't go back in would go a long ways to smoothing out the outrage people feel when someone wakes the sleeper when they were totally forced to do it by that dirty rival guild. Beyond the poop socks and the RMT are alot of people who just enjoy seeing the stuff they never got to see, AoC has provided that for almost everything except ST1.0
    ForumBoss likes this.
  20. a_librarian Augur

TLP are successful because they are easy and content is accessible. Go ahead and make all ST loot no trade and let people select asleep/awake instances from the AoC. People selling gnome illusion masks for 80 kronos isn't something that should be preserved.
    Barton likes this.