Confirmed Bad Pathing Problems - Cobalt Scar #1

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by adetia, Jan 5, 2021.

1. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

There are obviously many problematic pathing areas in this zone, but I'd like to try to isolate a few particularly maddening spots that suffer from chronic pathing problems that aren't just an inconvenience but make effective gameplay super frustrating.

The hallway where the Delmare Undertow placeholders spawns is one of these locations that suffers from egregious pathing/warping problems. While this isn't entirely unexpected given the original zone's also very problematic pathing, I'm hopeful that something might be able to done about this problem spot.

Courtesy of EQResources, this image shows the general area of the problem spot in this specific portion of the zone.
    [IMG]

The problem is that the placeholders themselves, "a neriad guard", warp between their physical locations in this tunnel and elsewhere, so that when you attempt to fight them, sooner or later, the entire population of the building to the southeast (and everything in between) will soon come to find your group.

One of the placeholders is especially bad as there is a "crack" in the roof of the tunnel, where you can catch a weird glimpse upwards, and its very common to find "a neriad guard" in that crack. I'll try to get a location on that place later from a friend, I couldn't find it again on my exploration for this thread even though i've seen it before!

For example, right now only 2 of the neriad guards are where they belong in the tunnel, with multiple guards stuck out of place and warping around as you can see in the images below:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

One would imagine that this is why when you attempt to fight them in the hallway in light aqua on the map above, that they bring everything in the building from the 2 above pictures.

If you need more specific information, let me know and I'll dig it up.
    Griggson, Raccoo, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

I literally reported this on the beta forums several months ago, with terrible pathing, water mobs on dry land, etc. They "promised" this would be looked at, so maybe just wait a month or two to see if anything is corrected.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

yep! i did too, but, i figure documenting it with some clearcut additional details wont hurt :)
    Metanis and Yinla like this.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

The best thing for me is all the sharp edges in Delmare's tunnel. I guess in Sony's world the water doesn't erode things.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Ratalthor Developer

We've made changes since Beta that haven't fixed the problem. We're looking into other ways of improving the issue.
  6. Hekaton Augur

also the sharks have become land sharks again and are camped at the othimir camps and other places. Well at least on rathe they have
  7. smash Augur

On AB, there is a shark that is trying to walk the rope bridge.
  8. Griggson Journeyman

So today went to the Octave camp in Sirens Grotto. First time since the "fix" for flying sharks in last patch... I haven't yet seen flying sharks but what we now have to deal with instead is every single mob that is meant to be underwater is on the surface, bunched up ontop of one another in place or stuck in walls/ rocks/ in the floor.

Its to the point where you can pull a mob from the Octave camp which by all rights should only tag 1 extra add standing next to it, instead it will aggro a mob within the floor, which then starts the stream of adds pile up in your extended targets window pulling from everywhere around you (most of which cannot be seen) or it grab everything in the area and you end up trained.
    Lulling mobs, all forms of trying to split mobs will end up in trains etc.

Considering this camp is where the caster type 5 Heroic Int aug drops this needs to be fixed.
    I did a /bug in game also for this.
  9. Absor Developer

Official thread necro!

I'm looking into pathing in Cobalt Scar... but can't seem to make it happen. Checked a few live servers, no sign of floating sharks. Just hoping to find out if this is still a thing or not.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

OP is so much better at using mspaint to write numbers than I will ever be
  11. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

It comes and goes. When its occurring, lots of sharks are sky sharks. When its not, everything is in place.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still happens in AB. Just outside the entrance to the new Sirens Grotto.
  13. Petalonyx Augur

Oddly, same spot for land sharks on BB, just outside new Sirens Grotto. I could still get by on wall without aggro.

This was a week ago, approx.
  14. Absor Developer

Hrmm... ok. It's going to be hard to fix something that isn't regular and I don't have a way to repro. I'll keep looking.

Thanks!
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

It wouldn't be the "flying sharks" at loc 0,0.

This would more likely be the usual issue where you aggro a swimming mob under water, then run up onto land. The swimming mob tries to follow you, when it gets above Z axis 0 (above water), it breaks because it cannot swim on ground and cannot path back into the water, getting stuck above Z axis 0.