RETURNING PLAYER - BLOATED MOB HP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by forumwriter, Feb 2, 2021.

1. forumwriter Journeyman

Little over a month. Joined a guild and ASKED A LOT OF QUESTIONS.

You would be surprised at how many unhappy players there are. The majority of responses I got were..

"Yeah this game sucks , there's nothing else to play right now."
    "I farmed a butt load of Krono so I play the game for free, yeah it sucks but I play free."
    "Make an SK and face tank everything"
    "Make an SK + a Zerker, they can still decap unlike suck ranger and rogues"

For the people that are in raid gear, the content seems to be tuned fine, but than again they don't need any of the gear from the missions so it all rots.

What if you haven't been raiding? what if you are a brand new player to this game?

IS ANY ONE GOING TO ADDRESS /OVERSEEER and its role in the state of the game?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Other than dropped quests, it works well for me. Helped me to level three characters to 115.
    Yinla, Zamiam and forumwriter like this.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Lol I'm sorry. Doesn't zerker decapitation stop at 200k while rogues and rangers can smash humanoids for 6 mil hits under burns? You have been misinformed. I main a ranger and have heard zerkers complaining about decapitation needing a boost for years.
    Raccoo and Behelit like this.
  4. forumwriter Journeyman

I am familiar with all these places.

Do you consider .075 of a percent per mob good xp?
    Burnt a lesson HS in RING of scale zones sarnaks level 112-113 got 1% USING A LESSON.
    3 toons with mercs
    You can not HS any of those mobs you mentioned UNTIL LEVEL 115 in COV. Most of the mobs are not 112 or lower. At level 113 a ranger can HS 112. But to bad most of the mobs are either undead or to high of level. Take a look man,

The guild I joined outfitted all 3 of my toons in full COV SQUALL gear and group weapons, still takes a year and a day to kill mobs. GRINDING REGULAR XP TO LEVEL IS NOT A VIABLE OPTION.
  5. forumwriter Journeyman

You would be wrong and your information would be out of date.
  6. forumwriter Journeyman

Yes man , thats my point they want you to buy in to it TO LEVEL
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Buy what? if you mean sub. an account that's just basic economics. They are a for profit company and want income.
  8. Derka Power Ranger

If you're complaining about grinding xp 111-115 then I'm sorry but you're SoL. Maybe take your guildies that outfitted you in free gear and actually do ToV prog. You can level 111-115 just by doing all quests and missions in ToV.
    And I don't need to look about mob level in gorowyn because I lived it at ToV launch. You can headshot the first half of the zone until you hit karzoks. That's how I powered through 114 while no one was on to group. Be thankful you came back and got the gimme of essence of the dragon autogrant which saved you the entire quest line in EoK.
  9. forumwriter Journeyman

NO man look at Overseer , you can speed finish missions by BUYING IN STORE items
    PAY to LEVEL
  10. Derka Power Ranger

Elaborate? I main a ranger and duo with a rogue often. Players that can burst 1.5 mil dps over 60 seconds without the use of headshot/assassinate.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

I don't buy those things. They aren't essential. They are a choice, not a requirement.
    Yinla, CatsPaws and Skuz like this.
  12. forumwriter Journeyman

You do give some solid advice.
    I did do the ToV content took my guys from 108-109 to about 111-112.
    I guess I should be thankful because the ENTIRE quest line in EOK WAS tedious, I actually did a lot of it. go kill 10 mobs + trash in the way, run back hail, go back kill 10 more, run back hail go run to other zone make a trade skill item run back hail, go kil 10 more , run back hail.

Anyways, thanks for offering some advice or solution
  13. forumwriter Journeyman

I feel like they are a reason grinding xp is so slow now.
  14. forumwriter Journeyman

Are you a recently returning player or new to the game?
    Are you currently weaqring best in slot or evolving close to BIS gear?
    Than I am sure the game is probably working just great for you and your Rogue friend.

Could either of you tell me why the orcs in GMM are not tagged for assassin or HS?

The points I am making are from the perspective of someone just returning to the game or starting the game. They are not doing over 1 million DPS at anytime nor past any burns or 60 secs.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

So what. Are you just jealous?

I should add that I don't raid. I am also not in a hurry to level. I chat with friends. I help level guildies. I have fun.
    Duder likes this.
  16. forumwriter Journeyman

Also wanted to add those guys are 6 boxing and giving out ROTS and Taskadds. There are not groups being put together to do those missions for xp let alone currency. You 6 box it or you dont.
    Are you and your rogue buddy farming it daily for type 5 augs to fill out your gear? The 6 boxers are.
  17. forumwriter Journeyman

Nope , i want to grind xp like how EQ used to be. I have the 3 toons to kill level 115 mobs its just really slow compared to some classes and the xp is really low, and i think the reason is OVERSEER.

the work around is make a 6 box crew, SK + zerker face roll missions daily

which I think is ridiculous..................
  18. Derka Power Ranger

I returned 8 years ago and have maintained BiS group gear every expansion up until getting a few raid pieces (mostly for foci) last year.

My best guess as to why they didn't tag them as HS is because it was a bonus zone that was extra content for the EQ anniversary. You weren't there to experience it but the missions were very easy, the raids were very easy. The mission got nerfed and caused a huge stink among casuals. Raids were just burns but only offered certain non vis rewards.

I see your frustration but you need to remember that when the content you are talking about was released, most people were maxed at 110 for gmm. When ToV released everyone was 110 and 99% exp ready to level (you mistakenly burned your bonus 40% exp on easier sub 111 levels)
    Yinla likes this.
  19. kookoo Augur

you pay $14.99 sub and you farmed over 200 kronos???
    Zynt, Xyroff-cazic. and Nennius like this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Time marches on. Things change. Also, my 115 paladin and my 115 rogue kill level 115 mobs all day long. The rate of experience has nothing to do with overseer. In any case, you said you cancelled your accounts. If that is true, why do you care?