rizlona or aradune ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebbunw New Member

Just for another perspective from someone that plays on Rizlona. It'd be tough to play on this server with one account. Most of the guilds I see frequently are multiple people playing 1-2 groups raiding content. I am sure that most people level that way too.

With that said, if you enjoy boxing, it's a great server. As someone mentioned Kronos are expensive, items are cheap and it'd be great for new people intending to play that way.

As far as population goes, I'm sure it's no secret that by active individual players, Aradune likely dwarfs Rizlona. But since most of us box, we're probably not too far off Aradune. Further, the ruleset will likely keep a lot of us playing even after the new TLP announcement that usually comes around this time, so I don't expect we'll see a ton of players jumping to a new one.

As far as monopolizing XP camps and spawns, this just doesn't happen. OW Raid mobs are contested, but even my fairly casual guild gets 2-3 OW targets every week. Since items are so cheap, we don't see people monopolizing XP spawns to sell loot.

I'm not saying the server is perfect, but it's far from the shipwreck that some seem to be peddling on here.
    Jontrann likes this.
  2. Forsworn013 New Member

Would a boxer prefer to pick up an outside tank, dps, or utility type player typically? What makes their life easier?
  3. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

All boxers try to main their tank. The best thing you can do for us is usually pull.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You're making a HUGE mistake if you join Rizlona as someone that doesn't box.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

:rolleyes:
  6. phattoni Augur

i made the mistake of transfering to rizlona from aradune, grouping game is non existant on the server, stayed lfg for a week and ended up rerolling on aradune.

BIG MISTAKE.

dont waste your time unless you are a boxer.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Absolutely, positively, ignore this guy. He doesn't even play the game.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

And his alt forum account...
  9. Fluid Augur

Soloing on Rizlona is no harder then soloing on Aradune, I've done a bit on both servers. I did my usual 'start a Druid to finance my other characters' on Aradune and I actually ran into more problems then I had on Rizlona. I typically run my Druids in EK as I find it easy to level and either sell Spider Silk for cash or use it to run up a tailor. Just couldn't do it on Aradune as there were ~six level 50+ characters in the zone appearing to run automated software killing everything that moved. Understand it wasn't all bad as they weren't looting Spider Poison Sacks which sell to vendors for ~4 gold each so I still cashed up a bit.

Still, unless the person has 6 accounts, they will have room to add another player on Rizlona. 90% of the time I play there the second account is just a buff monkey. Both servers have a dearth of players below level 55, most guilds are raiding so you would/should make it to level 46 and get keyed before you can participate. Raids are raids, they add as many people as possible, that way they get done quicker and more phat loot. I've never been asked by my guild to show up with more then my main and actually I should be subject to criticism for lack of effort put into the guild; I am always screwing around on other characters instead of participating in guild functions. I've helped people get keyed and other guild members have shown up during the process to make it quicker.

That would be my reality anyway. Either server you are going to have to solo to level 46, get keyed, and join a guild. I'd say I would put in a good word for you with my guild, but my name is probably mud with them owing to my lack of playing time!
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You're so delusional it's funny.
  11. SunDrake Augur

As Foaming said, I believe a willingness to pull is of the greatest assistance to most box groups. Between Tank / Heals / Util / DPS, likely DPS. Most are gonna have their tank and healer and CC. Easiest to drop a DPS.
    Foaming likes this.
  12. Forsworn013 New Member

So with a puller / dps in mind, what class is going to fill that roll in the best / most opportune for a boxer to pick up? Monk? Ranger? Bard perhaps?
  13. Machen New Member

The boxer probably has his own bard already. And wants songs in camp, not out pulling. I'd go with monk.
  14. a_librarian Augur

How many full group boxers are going to put the tempo of their group into the hands of a total stranger when they don't have to? Bad pulling is annoying as hell if you have any expectations of the pace of a group
    Accipiter likes this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

Everyone loves someone with zero initiative who just throws out LFG and expects to be carried, and whines when it doesn't happen. Who were you in DHS again?
  16. phattoni Augur

tis i the mighty drains, but i wasnt part of dhs, was in kill mode or something like that, while i had a toon in dhs i didnt actively play it.

also i did put in effort thanks.

havent played with dhs since like oow/don on lockjaw?

my point is unless you are boxing 3+ toons, dont bother with rizlona.

you will really feel the sting come oow/don if just playing a single toon, part of the reason i quit on lockjaw.

and last time i checked everquest was an MMO, not a single player game.

BUT thank you for your usually useless input.
  17. jeskola pheerie

usually useless input? okay, then. Good luck to you, bro!
  18. Mrjon3s Augur

I love Rizlona but I do agree with waiting. If your not planning to box I would say pick Aradune and then just transfer over to Rizlona when you are finally forced to start boxing when everyone leaves for the next server. But even if you just want to duo I would suggest Rizlona 100% of the time. Being able to use 1 PC and not have to use other means is amazing.
    code-zero and Lejaun like this.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I don't know why people seem to think this will happen. Sure TLP loses players typically when the newer ones come out, but Phinny was in year 3 with Agnaar and Coirnav already around and it still had a bigger population then Rizlona does now. Agnaar had a healthy population for at least a year after Coirnav came out. Mangler still has more active raiding guilds then Rizlona does now.
  20. Mrjon3s Augur

Because the longer you stay on TLPs the more you have to box. Why would you start on Aradune and deal with truebox when you could just transfer to rizlona and box on 1 PC without any problems.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.