Its 2021 Darkpaw, its long since time your game allowed folk of color to be represented.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ASDAprice, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionari Elder

Science has confirmed that certain genes come exclusively from the peoples whom lived in particular regions of the world. For example, the Basque peoples have unique genes unrelated to their neighbors. To put it more clearly, these genes can only be observed in Basque peoples.

Specific clusters of genes can be traced back to particular geographic regions. This is how DNA testing is possible.

The actual differences between the various races of the world goes far beyond the degree of melanin in their skin. Only one who is incredibly misinformed or an outright shill could hold such a view that all people are the same aside from the amount of melanin in their body.

Of course, people share a majority of their genetics which is why all the peoples of the earth are categorized as apart of the human species. However, there are genetic variations within this species which constitutes various 'races'.

Though there is one human species. There are multiple variances of 'sub-races' within this species.

In the spirit of this discussion, make it possible for the jack-of-all-trades EQ humans to change their skin tone to brown; whereas the genius and noble EQ Erudites should have the option of turning their skin tone to white. And lets call it a day and be done with it.
  2. Skulktalion New Member

and here we go, people cant leave alone. Now we gotta go all "political Correct"

Its a GAME, its a game thats been around 22+years. This isnt about representing YOUR RL into the game.

Its about a FANTASY world with FANTASY characters to play a FANTASY store line.

WTH does so many feel the need to be politically correct. Oh you have whitish humans in game you need to allow us to darken their skins..

As a halfbreed (my fathers comments) half white half black, neither race gave me , im not accepted by EITHER side.

I play this game to FORGET about the real world, to have some time that i dont have to deal with the BS and Drama of RL.
    Pikachuuu, Herf, Rikkish and 3 others like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nope, never, since that's a US store, they owned Asda for a while here but I never went there either.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

That's just not true. Science has however concluded that 99.9% of DNA is the same between humans.
    - Source

A little enlightening is needed once again.

There's only about a .1% (point 1) difference in the DNA between humans and this point cannot be refuted. (see my source above). To say that someone is misinformed and shill is just plain ignorant and scientifically wrong - please do not spread misinformation as we have enough of that today. There is only 1 human race and there are no 'sub-races' of humans. We (humans) are only different ethnically, nationally, and mentally.

Your argument sounds like it's roots are from the study 'scientific racism' which consist of silly theories that geneticists have deemed down-right phony.

(I'd rather not get this thread locked, but PM me if you want to discuss this further). I'd be happy to share and respectfully debate the published studies on the subject).
    Genoane likes this.
  5. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

You don't want this thread locked? It's a dumpster fire. It's worse than Mabbus TLP idea.
    Pikachuuu, code-zero, Herf and 2 others like this.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

I think it would be neat to have a skin-color slider, but I also recognize that Norrath is not earth. Norrathian fantasy needn't be a reflection of Earth-side reality.
    code-zero and Herf like this.
  7. Bullsnooze Augur

In all honesty, I don't know what you're even arguing about at this point? You've just typed a whole lot of nothing that's only slightly on the topic. Twins - Identical or Fraternal? Neanderthals? Chaos theory? None of this has really anything to do with the fact that 99.9% of all human DNS is the same. (And, this is not debatable as its been concluded - not theorized).

What it sounds like to me is that you're now grasping at fluff and I'd rather do something else than debate a strawman point-of-view. It just goes back n' forth and the thread will ultimately be locked.
  8. Meltingsnowflakes New Member

EZ fix just give everyone a claim item with illusion Erudite. Boom now you can be a person of color on any class you play.
    Xanadas and jeskola like this.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

And, now you're just trolling the thread. So please stop, as I refuse to engage you or your straw man argument.
  10. Oscig Elder

This is really bad science. I hate when people use this argument, because using this logic humans are half banana.
  11. sumnayin Augur

I wonder if you think you could prove any of that, or if you're just going off what you're told to believe by the people in charge. Fun fact, those same people have spent the last year flip flopping every week on the truth of science in order to control people.
  12. jeskola pheerie

I am on board with this.
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

My suggestion to you would be to put down EverQuest and pick up a legitimate book (ones that are accepted by the scientific community) on biology, genetics, or even forensic study. Heck, why not read books on all 3 topics? And then, go into a laboratory and check some tissue samples for yourself. You could even forgo all of that and request/ask a few real biologist on reddit's r/AMA sub. Then come back and discuss your new found knowledge with me (in PMs).

So by quoting actual concluded science, it's bad science and that makes a human half a banana. You know what I hate? When people can't argue or debate their way out of a paper bag.

You haven't made a solid argument since you've started replying. You've provided nothing but theoretical that's only even slightly on topic. It's funny you use words like 'fact' and 'truth' when these very words fail to penetrate your closed mind. So please, stop while you're behind and just go away.
  14. Bullsnooze Augur

(Back on topic.)

It's not permanent tho. :(
  15. wade_watts Augur

I identify as an enchanter with an epic that isn't impossibly difficult to obtain in-era. Can you make this happen also?

#idemandjustice
    Herf likes this.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There can only be one answer: All the characters in Everquest are cloned in some sort of secret lab...how else would you explain the lack of children...
    The entire discussion of race is irrelevant when the population isn't breeding naturally anyway...:eek:
  17. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

You guys bringing up race representation in video games is so 10 years ago. It's 2021, we've moved on to more important customizable representations like the 8==> slider. We're not all built the same...
    Pikachuuu, WaitingforMoreEQ and Herf like this.
  18. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Raccoo likes this.
  19. Bullsnooze Augur

Careful Atabishi, you may get pseudoscience link theorizing that sometime in the future the '8==>' slider will be available within EQ because of your very post! :)

<sparkle> chaos theory </sparkle>
  20. xmPradah Not a dude

I honestly don't know the answer to what I'm about to ask... I apologize in advance.

Is it not possible to create skin dye, like armor dye?

Also, why is this posted in the TLP forum ;)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.