Looking for Ores in all the wrong places

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Toukan Augur

Since patch I've seen an ore (and ornaments) drop on every name killed in Western Wastelands.

But not on a single name I've killed in Cobalt Scar, or in Skyshrine....and those numbers are much greater then the few I've seen in WWL.

These are the only 3 zones I've been in since patch. Am I just hitting bad luck to make the numbers look bad or were the loot tables not changed for Cobalt Scar or Skyshrine ?

Thanks
    Zynt likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

I saw one on the shark in CS after the patch.
    Zynt likes this.
  3. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Here is what I have post patch

Zone - Temple of Veeshan
    Mob Kill count - 1296
    Mob Kill count - (White or Yellow Con) - 532
    Ore drop on non named mobs = 0.000

Feshlak Kills = 15
    Aug = 2
    Ore drops = 0
    OldCa61 and Zynt like this.
  4. Vizier Augur

The ores went from easy mode to chase loot rarity with the patch. TBF it feels bad if you havent already got full ore gear. Then again, it feels really good to have a reason to camp gear off named again. Overall the change is great I think.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

I get ores pretty regularly from namers, but it honestly feels like there are two separate named loot tables:

1 - old loot table, with 1-3 pieces of gear (armor, a weapon, a weapon aug)
    2 - new loot table, including an ore and 3 pieces of armor ornaments, plus the previous loot table from above

Farming the same area and getting the same named, it will generate with one of the two.
  6. Vizier Augur

The restless behemoth named wurm in WW seems to be on your old loot table. Killed him a bunch, no ores.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

The nameds have 2 attached loot tables so that they can independently drop gear and drop ore. The one loot table rolls the gear, and the other rolls the ore. The ore loot table is rolled on a 2d2 to have an effective drop rate ~1% (which was explained by setting a .255% chance calculated for probability off 2d2). Actually now that I type it out, its more of 4 loot tables, one rolling armor, one rolling weapon, one rolling augs, and one rolling ore. Mobs (and chests) can have multiple tables attached in order to get the desired distribution of items.

Adding ore to an existing loot table would lower the chance of getting any of the other items it contains, because 1 loot table can only add up to 100% chance, and rolling an ore would substitute any of the other items dropping from that roll.
  8. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Did missions last night, an ore in each chest /shrug.
  9. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I have spent a significant amount of time in CC, WW and ToV zones since expansion launch.
    CC time spent - Hunter Completed +
    1 week 12 hr days farming the type 5 off the shark plus 8 of the type 7 tooth augs
    Killed enough trash to get 7 of the augs off Krizelbough
    Killed Morwenna enough to get 38 type 5 augs
    10+ ores from Previous expansion dropped from named here

WW Time spent - Hunter Completed +
    Steel Camp - 6 of the type 5 augs
    Miscreation - 7 type 7 augs
    Caves and other areas - enough ore to gear up 5 alts with full suits
    10+ ores from Previous expansion dropped from named here

Temple of V - Hunter Completed +
    about 25 kills on Feshlak

The above is a general idea of what I have done pre patch. I note it as to refer to the drop rate pre patch on ores from my observation as im sure some may be different. I never saw ore drop in Temple. Post patch I have only been in Temple farming Feshlak for more augs and have yet to see ore in that mob count list from my previous post above. I'm wondering if there are any other zones pre patch that never dropped ore. Could it be that they lowered the drop rate of the ore on trash and added to named loot table which corrected the drop in CC and WW zones off named mobs from the old ore to new yet missed that ores were never on the loot table in zones such as Temple?
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

Yes the drop rate was lowered on trash because the effective drop rate was higher than intended because of an oversight with that 2d2 roll.

ToV ore devs have said is intended to drop from CoV named because the augs are still relevant, so players don't have to grind in ToV just for drops.
  11. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I understand they lowered the drop rate. The second part of that was did they miss loot tables for zones such as Temple since I have never ever in all the time spent there seen any drop pre or post patch.
  12. tamar New Member

i have killed like 20 named in ww for 2 ores, and 0 ores from trash i get had be nerfed but should still be at least a chance of getting from trash? that was fun
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Did anyone else quickly read the thread title as "Looking for Ogres in all the wrong places"?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Sissruukk like this.
  14. birdsong_pawn Augur

Well, the new drop rate from trash is 1 in 400. This means that
    • You should get 1 ore in every 400 kills in the long run, on average.
    • In 400 kills, you have about a 63% chance of getting at least one ore.
    • In 800 kills, you have about an 86.5% chance of getting at least one ore.
    • 1200 kills gives you a 95% chance!
    Sure, the drop rate on trash needed to be reduced. But this change nerfed it into oblivion.
    Coagagin and Kase like this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah that was how I read it at first :)
  16. OldCa61 Augur

It would be nice to know if this new dismal drop rate is off ALL mobs, or just the Dracs, Efreeti. mobs in Caves in WW... etc. like it was before
    Never saw any other than the mobs listed above
  17. Slasher Augur

I get about 1 every 4 hrs in WW. The thing is you're not always killing mobs that DROP the ore not all do so yes you can kill 1200 mobs but you're not likely killing 1200 mobs that can drop it.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is there really a place we want to see ogres? Oh, you mean in-game. Sorry.
  19. birdsong_pawn Augur

It's the same mobs as before. Ores were not added to any additional mobs (per Ngreth).

That just means that the chances of a drop are even lower than what I calculated.
  20. Lonewolff New Member

Just a comment on the Restless Ore drop rate in the CoV expansion. I agree that the drop rate of Ore was to easy but now it is like a "Ghost Town" without tumble weeds. Days of killing 20+ named and countless trash mobs resulted in 1 Ore. I can't do the HA's with the chest drops alone and trying to find someone to do them with that doesn't won't 300 to 500K per mission is pretty much LFGF - Looking for Group Forever. Just food for thought that if you could see fit to find a happy medium on the drop rate, it would be much appreciated. At this rate I will not be able to gear out my toons before the next expansion. Thank you and God bless ...stay safe and healthy.
    Coagagin likes this.