Question on Druid "Ways" spells....

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tatanka, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Danaleigh Elder

Unless your the only healer in a tank group, why would you need all those heals? I used to be like you, a " Healer Druid" but I find the Druid role has changed vastly over all these years. Our DPS contributes more to the raid then our healing does. If your in a caster group with people who know how to play then you only need to load 2 heals. Between those 2 heals and your AA heals you should be able to keep your group up.
    talayen and Szilent like this.
  2. Rolaque Ancient

I'm a creature of habit, maybe a lot of us are. But way, way back in the beginning, when we only had 8 spell slots, I remember getting charmed by an evil eye, and automatically casting my last spell, the one in slot 8, on another group member. Once we all realized that, I put my heal in slot 8, and problem solved. And it's still there today., in slot 8, but now there are an additional 5 spell slots after it. So the location of my heal spells developed over the years, and I'm quite comfortable with where they are, and how to optimally use them.

But how many heal spells I should or shouldn't have available is not debatable. The only thing that matters is whether or not I keep the group and/or the off tanks alive. If you can do it with just 2 spells and some AA's then it works.
  3. Szilent Augur

That's not quite the only thing? Since if two approaches achieve that goal, the one that's more efficient on spell gem use allows the druid to also deal a ton of damage
    Barton likes this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The only time I load Vida heals lately is when I’m in a raid tank group and there aren’t many clerics or it is an extremely tank heavy fight, or sometimes in a group against a difficult named that is one rounding mercenaries.

Usually I just find myself using Adrenaline / Invig / Luna / Survival / Dicho / Remote to do all my healing. Apothic Warhammer / Convergence / Wildtender’s Survival to cover any gaps. On a raid the only time this struggles is when you’re trying to keep up a tank out of your group which is where Vida can come in.
  5. Rolaque Ancient

I am big fan of tons of damage. But I'm also the only healer in a raid group, thus I'm always responsible for keeping them alive (myself included). So it is the only thing that matters, since I'm the only one in the group with heals or cures. Besides, effectiveness always trumps efficiency for healing. Plus, druids never run out of mana when healing, it's just not possible.

With my always loaded 5 heals, I have eight other non-healing spell gems for dps related activities. And those are quite capable of cranking out tons of damage in raids. How much dps I do is more related to how 'smartly' the rest of the raid is doing. Are they falling down a lot and hurting themselves, or are they being aware and keeping out of harm's way?
  6. Szilent Augur

That sounds great but when Ninelder above says "like Rolaque" he means something else, a spell set with one and a half dps spells. It's less your reality that I object to than the sentiment which would seem to justify his… version.
  7. Ninelder Augur

Not sure how 3 = 1.5.

It looks more like your... version of reality... is unjustified, or at least you are really bad with math.
  8. Gr8fuldave Augur

Honest question here: isn't our "survival" heal now an AA that casts the highest rank you know? Why would you keep it on your spell bar?
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

3 min cooldown (AA) vs. 90 second cooldown (spell)
  10. Szilent Augur

you can use both.