What are your minor annoyances about your class?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Chaosflux Augur

Paladin

The first 60 levels suck unbelievably hard, this is more of a TLP issue now and largely applies to all hybrids generally, the classes werent very fleshed out from Vanilla - Luclin/POP, and it makes me sad.

The majority of our DPS comes from Slay undead, back in 2007/2008 when Devs offered to remove slay to boost our overall DPS the baddies in the community chose eye candy over raw efficiency.

Preservation not stacking with druid reptile!

Druid

I wish their group healing was abit better and mana regen abilities abit better as well. I really like the class fantasy.

Wizard

I mean look at the state of them compared to where they were in the past.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

Reading through this thread made me think, when’s the last time we had any class development? I guess the DoT revamps, but other than that maybe EoK with the Synergy lines? Just seems like it’s been a dead end for classes.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Yeh not alot of new ideas since EOK, some buffs and QOL stuff like changing hybrid heals to target type 51 with TOV, a long overdue boost to DS.

At this point most classes have numerous spell lines that are utterly useless either due to initial implementation, or the ever shifting meta of the game (clerics light as an example)
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Druid "Skin" spells (many levels of them) are the ONLY spells in the ENTIRE game where single target and group versions cannot overwrite each other.
    Chlorogoth likes this.
  5. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Shadowknights exist.

Aurora's are listed as quick heals but are not quick.

Feels like i'm perpetually missing one spellbar / blue resource spending AE.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

I agree with your sentiment although I take the opposite view in one part. I feel that all the classic classes were well and best defined from levels 1 to 50 within the game's original design. Leveling beyond 50 was somehow not in the plans and it shows.

From levels 51 to 60 (RoK, SoV, SoL), some classes relatively stagnated in comparisons, the hybrids as you note, and I believe paladins and bards in particular. Bard's don't get a charm upgrade at all during this span (terrible!).

The equally horrible cookie cutter, level+5 treadmill game design was established in PoP and the game has been suffering under this methodology ever since.

I see the game in those 3 major epochs: Classic 50, Expansions 60, Expansions Level+5. I'm ready for a new epoch of creative game design :)
  7. MageGuy MageGuy

I suppose you missed the part where I said group game. Not the 1-2 toon game. And don't be lazy.

I know that you are an argumentative type person (a lot of your posts are anyway). My goal wasn't to appeal to that, was just pointing out that air wins the group game.
  8. Cicelee Augur

Out of curiosity, why do you think the air pet is the best pet in a full group? Because most magicians I speak to say that the water pet is the best pet in a full group due to the significant DPS increase a water pet has compared to an air pet. Hence why I initially made the comment that if you want DPS you get water, if you want a tank you get air, and the other two pets struggle to find a place in the game.

Of course, I don't speak for every magician. Besides this thread is opinionated anyways, and good debates are always welcome for many. Good debates lead to good discussions which, at times, leads to good changes.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Did you mean to say "if you want a tank you get earth"? Because that's what I thought you said in your earlier post.

I use the air pet all the time, but not as a tank. I am always behind the curve for my toons, and I thought people liked the air pet for the stuns, which should decrease the incoming DPS on the tank (mine is likely undergeared). The thought is, it's making it easier for my tank to get through the fight. Is water DPS enough better to overpower that logic, because the fight is over that much quicker?
  10. Cicelee Augur

Oops yes I was supposed to say that earth is the tank.

So in today's game, DPS > all provided you can live through whatever encounter you are discussing. If the tank can live through an encounter without the need of an air pet stun (which FWIW is limited to level and is unreliable and random) then IMHO you should use water for the higher DPS. The longer something goes, the more chances something goes wrong (like a tank dsath). It is also nowadays why you see tanks shun a shield in the group game- if geared enough, the DPS from DW or 2h is superior provided you can live through it.

I would say if the tank needs air pet stuns, then a thought could be to switch to earth pet as as tank and let the player tank just DPS. Not sure if that is a better overall option, just a thought.
    Goranothos and Tatanka like this.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

Cicelee the air pet stuns can in some situations allow a tank who couldnt 2hander tank have enough breathing room to 2hander tank in some situations as well, and if thats the case Air is adds more dps indirectly.

Granted thats a very niche use, but if the tank isnt overly geared or they are pushing how many mobs they can 2hander tank that damage reduction via the stun could be enough to be the difference. They lose some riposte dps, but gain keeping 2hander out. Overall a win.
  12. Zunar Augur

Beastlords.
    Feralgia having a cast time.
    Pet gear lost every time pet or oneself dies.
    Too much time spent buffing/rebuffing several buff spells with longish cast times. (Fero, focus, tala tak, pet buffs). SI and SV have okish timers, the rest not so much.
    Global recast timer when casting DoT spells feels even worse than SKs.
    I'd rather have a short recast timer on the DoT spells themselves and do away with that global recast timer.
  13. Derka Power Ranger

Ranger

Having our synergy charges get eaten by arrow spells and not giving the damage. It's considered not a bug and intentional.
    Svann2 and KrakenReality like this.
  14. Goranothos Augur

I've always preferred air pet, when pet tanking, unless, as Cicelee pointed out, you absolutely need the earth pet for current nameds. Reason being the air pet is far better at holding agro, due, I suppose, to the the hate the stuns generate.

Couple of caveats however:

(1) I mostly just 2 box with a shammy, so my pet has shammy buffs 100% of the time.
    (2) I often stay behind the curve in leveling, because I generally take my time and hang out in older expansions. Like right now I am level 106 and dinking around, AAing, in expansions that were current at level 105.

But that's just me. I also still rock a 1HB and a shield, because I want my epic 2.0 ornamentation. ;-) Actually, I wish they would allow us to put a weapon ornament on a shield, so I could dual wield (even if only in appearance) epic 2.0 and 1.0! :)
    OldCa61 likes this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Did anyone mention bard epic not instant cast?
    Szilent, Elyssanda and menown like this.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Yep
  17. Chorus Augur

This is a latency issue, you just need a longer pause. I have mine set to 3 ever since I moved out to the boonies and it works fine now.
  18. Jaedo Journeyman

Monks: I am still particularly mad about getting rid of perf invis with FD, I understand they don't want us to double invis so just take that away. I hate having 400 cloudy pots in my inventory
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

My latency is only 50ms so thats not it. Ive tried 3 and Ive tried higher and it still does it. Especially in raids and I especially see it when I use alliance. Its so common in raids that when I want alliance I hit the key several times really quick until it does fire. And no Im not lagging in raids, except for that one thing. It also happens in group content but not as often.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Cleric spell hastes not overwriting is dumb.
    Tour likes this.