Hunter Achievements - Gates thru Secrets of Faydwer, Underfoot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skandallo, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Skandallo New Member

Hello,
    Any plans to add the hunter achievements for these expansions?
    Thanks
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Pithy positive dev answers makes me feel a thrill up my leg
  4. JimboBobJimBobJimbo New Member

Don't get too excited. They've said in the past they plan to hit those expansions... way in the past.

When they actually set aside time to work on it is the time to get excited :p
    Skuz, Andarriel and Ngreth Thergn like this.
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

One quick word of warning, in the Gates of Discord zone Ferubi there are two rare mobs with the exact same name, "Pxet Vzanki Kzan". One is an Ixt the other an Ikaav, they have separate spawn points and loot tables so certainly meant to be different mobs.
    Orbital101, Zynt and Froglok like this.
  6. Froglok Augur

Great news!

While you guys are at it, how about fixing the atrocity that is Hero's journey as well? As in move the achievements to the correct expansion? I think the only achievement in that whole category that does not belong to an actual expansion is the Conquest Achievement "Hero of the Journey."

If there is a concern about leaving them be, it is much more sensible and logical for players to search for achievements under the expansion that applies (for the zones they are adventuring in). Hero's Journey only confuses that. If necessary, compromise and move them to the correct expansions, even if the sub-heading is "Hero's Journey" (i.e. The Serpents Spine -> Hero's Journey).

And how about achievements for things that, on the surface, seem obvious to have achievements but do not. They even have existing in-game check processes / data they could probably use to verify against in awarding the achievements.

Examples?

Spells & Discs sets (under General -> Class) by Level (0-70), Level and Rank sets (Level; 71 up) and Level spread conquests (0-50, then level 60 and then every 5-Level spread after that, since that is how Levels were added to game). The check should be simple enough since there is clearly an in-game process to check that a character all ready has spells / discs when trying to scribe them, or claim then via the quest window and / or vendor (show items I can use thing). This would be a great way for players to more easily see what spells they have or don't have via in-game achievements, versus using the missing spells command to create a text file that the player would then have to open outside of the game and review.

Spirit Shrouds (under General -> Special) : There are several shroud categories that players can progress and max out. How about achievements for those? Such as one for maxing out each of the 8 base shroud types (Aberrations, Animals, Elementals, Goblinoid, Humanoid, Nature Spirits, Reptiles & Undead) and a Conquest for maxing them all out. While the Runed Gargoyle shroud would not really apply here (it was an expansion bonus), the Gnoll shroud (Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem) would, since you do have to progress it as well (it does have a related AA, but I don't think it has a related achievement). The Gnoll shroud achievements could be added under Events -> Anniversary. The in-game check will be the same as used by the Shroud NPC's (they know what you have unlocked)?

TBL added a new model to EQ, but did not add a Slayer for them... Snails / Slugs. Just add it under Slayer -> Skill and then include it as an optional step for the "Progressive" achievement (Slayer -> General). A new check may need to be created for this one.

There is no explorer for The Wayward Lady (the ship that is a house and also a unique zone). Add it under Everquest -> Exploration and then as an optional step in the "Housing Explorer" (Everquest -> Exploration). A new check may need to be added for this one.

How about achievements for Mercenary Contracts? Add them under General -> Special. The achievements will be stand-alone achievements, with conquest achievements for ones that can be grouped together (Contracts from LoN Card sets). The check would be against the same that the Merc liaison NPC's use (or when the contract is claimed), as they know what Mercs you have access to..

How about achievement's for Merc AA's, just as we have for Alternative Advancement AA's? Say, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400 and then every 100 thereafter? Put them under General -> Advancement. The check would be against Total Merc AA's spent.

Then of course there are illusions (that go on the key ring), Mounts (that go on the key ring), Nimbus items.... and more.

:)
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

More hunters be nice give me something to do.

Andarriel
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Stop being a troll!

Andarriel
    Nolrog and Skandallo like this.
  9. Skandallo New Member

Agreed!
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Froglok Augur

11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This will help

[IMG]
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Is there anything that can be done from our side to make it easier to implement this?
    Nennius and Orbital101 like this.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Ngreth, when you have free time (if such a thing exists) can you re-evaluate "Narandi the Wretched" as a hunter mob in The Great Divide, in Scars of Velious?

He's a raid mob that is triggered by the 10th and final Coldain Ring quest series, which is an extremely long expansion-wide quest chain. He isn't like your normal named.

Back on topic, it's nice to hear more hunters is on the horizon.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Sindace Elder

Narandi is a raid mob for a raid ach- conqueror, not a hunter. Pretty big raid mob for the expansion, would be a glaring omission if removed. Much easier to get than all of the dragons in tov or raid mobs in growth. Triggerable after a few hour trip down memory lane, not too shabby.

Let's go more hunters~
    Vumad likes this.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Crap, you're right. Ignore my previous post. I swear he was on hunter.
  16. Kragin011 New Member

Exciting times !
  17. Rajaah Elder

TBH I'm more excited for adding cheevos to GoD-SoF (plus UF hunter) than I am for a new expansion. It'll give us an excuse to revisit so many zones and it'll add a lot of content overall.

Would also be great to see Conquest cheevos added for all of the raids in those expacs (GoD-SoF) as well.

I'm curious as to whether the cheevos will be retroactive or not. I'd actually rather they not be since if they are it'll auto-populate most of them for long-time raiders. Would rather have an excuse to go back and do 'em again, but that's just me. Whatever is easiest on the programmers.

Either way, can't wait.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

With the way achievements work there is no tracking system in place until they have been added so are just not able to be retroactive. Keys/flags are tracked but they aren't the same kind of thing & don't have as much data tracked.
  19. KrakenReality Augur

I have no idea, why people are excited about Hunter achievements.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Don't forget Underfoot! Secrets of Faydwar doesn't go completely to where Hunter chieves began. :)