No Fix Planned Fast camp equals trip to server select

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Malbro, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Malbro Augur

Fast camp equals trip to server select instead of character select.
    Kilzadi, Angahran, Rondor and 6 others like this.
  2. phattoni Augur

what is fast camp??
  3. Febb Augur

Are you typing /camp char
    ?
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

It happens when you get a UI crash or it has trouble saving out, something like that, they are tracking it down.
  5. Laurana Augur

There is another bug about crashing to desktop, but the discussion is focused around corpses being present in a zone: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ash-to-desktop-bug-is-still-happening.271840/

I don't experience the above linked issue, but I do experience the crash-to-desktop when fast-camping in my Guild's GH.
    Character 1 on PC1 never crashes
    Character 2 on PC1 crashes 50/50
    Character 3 on PC2 crashes every time
  6. Laurana Augur

From the patch on January, 20, 2021

*** Miscellaneous ***
    - Addressed a client crash when unloading models during the zoning or camping process.

I don't know if the above was supposed to fix the issue outlined in this thread, but it did not for me. Same crashing issues.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Running Windowed mode by chance
  8. Laurana Augur

Good question. Running a mix of windowed + full screen. The one that 100% crashes is in full screen.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Crashed to server select today when switching chars in PoK.

Crashing to server select stops mouse and keyboard from selecting another char, have to escape out and restart EQ, very annoying when you only want to get one item off a mule for some TS.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That's a clue. Try running that one in windowed mode, see if it still crashes. You may need to log all the way in, make the change, log all the way out, then all the way back in to test it properly due to the way display settings are applied.
  11. Numiko Augur

I still have something similar happening to me, I play on multiple servers and when I camp on one and try and log into another I always get a message that I still have a character logged in, i can click through that and get onto the second server no problem, but if I camp on the second server and try and go back to server select the client crashes every time and I get the old log in screen showing.
    Rondor and Barton like this.
  12. Rondor Augur

This still happens to me as well since the 2021-01-20 patch. The workaround for this particular issue still works, which is to do "/camp server" to bypass character-select and go straight to server-select.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Malbro Augur

Yep still happening to me also. I use the regular camping mode, letting it count down, instead of fast camp.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. Troutfest Augur

I camp to swap characters and accounts on machines. One eq is in windowed mode, other full screen. Each time i swap from one machine to the next with an account I get the message about having a character still on the server. This is camping out regularly, either in Lobby where its right away or out in the world where it takes 30 seconds to camp. Still happening.

Checked and even if I camp out on one character and go to server select on that computer then back to same account get message about character in world. If only going to character select can swap toons on same account with no problem.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I can camp out the slow way, quit the game, come back 10 minutes later, log in & still see the you already have a character in game message, has been an issue for months now & the recent patch may well have fixed something but this failure to unload characters from the server when they log out is still happening.
    Barton and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

if I camp, fast camp or countdown camp in any "fast camp" optional zone, my character remains in game and doesn't actually camp. Even if I try to log into another server I have to wait whist character is removed from world.

I've had numerous problems in past years with fast camps and broken UIs or Lost buffed pets and habitually never use fast camp options due to this and with characters not leaving the world anyway, it doesn't actually save any time as I have to wait at character login again anyway.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This is still a thing.
  18. Ratalthor Developer

Can anybody provide any additional info for us to reproduce this?
    Are you using any 3rd party software?
  19. Shadowknight1 New Member

Happens a lot, especially in GH, Bazaar or GL. No 3rd party software, windowed mode. Custom UI.
    Also logged out characters leave random mounts or swarm pets up in various zones. And mobs occasionally spawn (COV and TOV zones) that are targetable with F8, but below the world or something because cant be reached and pet won't attack except for a split second then drops from his target window.
    Also occasionally, when using AE aggro spell with swarm pets up, the pets will sometimes attack. Other people's pets or my own.
  20. Malbro Augur

Only teamspeak, happens in the guildhall a lot but I've had it happen in combat zones to.