Some Velium Threaded items are now flagged "lore equipped"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Apos, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Apos New Member

I just had the chance to log in for some minutes and what a surprise...
    I had a pair of Velium Threaded Earring/Ring of Vigor and you can now equip only one.
    Bug or intended change? Could not find a word in the update notes.
    Kase likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

All the ToV ones were lore equipped, so it would appear they are just fixing a mistake. But it's somewhat surprising there's not a note ... but not a complete surprise.

I suspect the new state is what was intended and you are going to have to make a new ear and ring.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Tappin Augur

They don’t put things in patch notes that everyone will instantly complain about.
  4. Tegila Augur

its something that should definitely have been IN the patch notes. i literally jsut made all the jewelry for my alts yesterday.
    Froglok likes this.
  5. Tegila Augur

warning is a good thing. now MORE ppl will complain because it affects a lot MORE people 6weeks into the expansion
    Kaenneth likes this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The lack of a note was an oversight.
    nitrocutter and feeltheburn like this.
  7. Tegila Augur

then perhaps yo ucould offer a remedy for it like a refund of the brick/faded piece so they can not jsut go to waste.
    Froglok, Svann2 and Nennius like this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

Feel free to kill trash in WW for an hour or two to obtain another ore
  9. Braveheart Augur

Will be we be reimbursed the T3 Ore's lost or be given a chance to convert the Rings/Earrings?
    Froglok and Nennius like this.
  10. Braveheart Augur

Not anymore. the 4% chance to drop was changed to .05% chance.
    Coagagin likes this.
  11. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

If this is indeed the case and items are intended to be lore, then I agree we should be given a refund of brick and the container. There was no warning on this and no way of knowing it was broken. For all we knew it was an intended change to not make them lore.

With the reduced drop rate it’s not going to be as simple as “go farm another one in 2 hours”.

Can we petition to have replacement brick/containers placed in our inventory?
  12. Cicelee Augur

Fine. Feel free to kill trash in WW for 8 hours spread across three gaming sessions to obtain another ore.

I understand the frustration of not knowing about the change. However I am 100% confident over the next 10 months of the expansion that everyone who was affected by this will have obtained another ore to make a new item.
  13. Lidwen New Member

So because Folks Can Replace it This Change is Okay? I mean What Exactly would it have Hurt to Give folks Notice or a Block in the items place? They didn;t commit some heinous act no exploits here They made a Piece of gear, used the item as Designed and Flagged, Designer Apparently made an error Fine Fix it. But Punish everyone who had the item for that Error? Seems Unfair
  14. Vaeeldar Augur

Hour or two is spot on for the new 1% drop rate.
  15. OldCa61 Augur

According to others, No Ore is dropping in any Mission either. Zero...Nada...
    I'm afraid to log on since everytime they shut things down both my Pets die a cruel and immediate death. Think I'll wait until tomorrow to see if they are going to repatch.
  16. OldCa61 Augur

17. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

On Xegony, we're getting an ore per chest. Were you talking about chests or trash mobs in missions?
    feeltheburn likes this.
  18. Tegila Augur

Rings and ears affected, so 2 per person. 12 per group IF that group was done in the first place and there are a LOT not finished with bricks. Is everyone supposed to put plans to play the rest of the expansion on hold so they can either farm a zergable mission every six hours, farm plat to pay someone else to taskadded them to missions, farm the same fastspawning nameds(some are extremely common others painfully rare) over and over, or continue the battle over ww tunnel camps to fix what was never the players' fault in the first place?

Warning would've made a big difference. In my case 24hrs would've saved me 10 bricks, and the enchanted crap I have to beg someone to enchant for me and all the pp for misc subcombines and failures to make said jewelry.

Whoever said a way to convert would be ideal, maybe even putting the 2 correct diamonds for a diff slot in a container with the item to change it, idk.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

Come to FV, I'll give you a stack of ores.
  20. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

If it was always intended for them to be lore, then they have been “Broken” for over a month with ZERO mention from the development team about this being the case.

An oversight by the development team should not equate to players time spent being nullified just because the dev team made a mistake. A very simple thing to do would be have players petition and then the separate items can be placed in their inventory, I.E. the ore, the container, and any Augs that were in the earring.
    Fenthen likes this.