Threat value on clickies

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aneuren, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Alright, I will be the first to admit that I breathed a sigh of relief starting roughly in PoP when it became less important to spam jboots for threat. Mangler is now in DoDH, and we are quickly getting into content where we have the tools for the job - at least, in comparison with Classic.

But that's very much not the case for Warriors on earlier TLP servers, especially if there will be another TLP release this year. Accordingly, how about at least putting a higher threat boost on those melee vendor stun augments? Or maybe a new augment that is WAR/PAL/SHD only that is purely a threat boost (better if it was a rune+pure threat)? It's not a great solution, but it's not terrible either. They are type 4, so there won't be many (any?) unintended consequences with the more powerful threat weapons in later content.
    Xhartor, Tweakfour17 and Herf like this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Quit making sense. Not allowed here.
    Jontrann likes this.
  3. Kobra Augur

Or you could learn to use the existing tools in the game.

If you understand how the aggro mechanics work I am sure you can put 2 and 2 together to figure it out. I am not going to post my guilds strategy because people will just cry until its nerfed.

I will just say its possible to get an aggro lock without using clickies and it works in every era.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I would prefer that Warriors be given a stable and reliable method to generate and maintain threat in both fast-pulling group and raid settings, that is available early in Classic content, rather than relying on techniques that cannot be disclosed for fear of losing them.
    Genoane likes this.
  5. Xanadas Augur

Give knights their Jolt spells like 3 expansions sooner so we don't have they rely on AON spam for aggro control.
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

The length at which Amulet of Necropotence, Journeyman Boots, and Shield of the Immaculate was considered a hate staple should have never went this far. It should have been patched out to mitigate the reliance a very long time ago. That said, it has never been a necessary item, but it is a lazy one.

I'll agree that Warriors are at a severe hate disadvantage in early eras of TLPs versus Knights and Rangers, especially in classic until about level 20 when provoke is received. However, while Provoke does make a difference, I think a Warrior's life could be made easier Here are my thoughts on some non invasive changes that could make it much better.

Firstly: I think the Provoke line should be an ability that starts at level 1, add a built in taunt, generate a burst of hate, and generate Hate over time. Secondly,I believe that Warriors should be given an AoE ability (maybe at Lv10, 20, or 30) with the same effects as the Provoke line. The Class AA: Area Taunt could be used here and modified.

Hate percentages aside, this would be the first step at keeping the feel of the warrior, but allowing the class to perform as its currently intended.
    MasterMagnus and Skuz like this.
  7. Thrawnseg Augur

I'm in Kobra's guild and admit our way of aggro locking should be nerfed, but until then, we will keep using it. It's amazing guilds still need to use clickies to get aggro.
  8. Sebbunw New Member

A lot of people have been using Jboots / AoN for years but kept it mostly secret and most TLPs didn't use extra tools to abuse this mechanic. At best, I always used Jboots / AoN as a spam prebuild when pulling a lot of mobs.

Also, I'm not sure why you find that it is "amazing" when you don't post how you're doing it. Without knowing the secret here, most of us feel that warrior aggro could probably use a small bump.

But feel free to change our minds and post what you're doing. =)
    Herf likes this.
  9. Kobra Augur

There is a reliable method to generate and maintain threat and it is available in every era including classic.

Its not even something that is secret per se, its just a rudimentary understanding of how aggro works, but if I post it, the history of this game suggest people are going to whine until its nerfed. I like being able to go all out and not have to feign death every 2 spells so I am not going to get it nerfed. If you can't figure it out look up spell data and analyze possible synergies. That is all I am going to say.
  10. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Do you happen to have your own guild and the only person in it is you?...
  11. Ishbu Augur

Im laughing pretty hard at anyone even thinking that they know secrets to aggro due to superior knowledge of threat mechanics than everyone else.
  12. ispep New Member

Just leave pets taunt on and have tank spam taunt agro will be locked down easy mode till that gets nerfed old trick but works like a champ on bosses.
    Sebbunw likes this.
  13. Boze TLP complaint factory

The Nameless forbid that DPS just manages agro instead of going HAM for a couple expansions. I'm extremely excited to see all the new beastlords die in the first 5% of a fight in SoL because they don't understand threat.
  14. ispep New Member

The Agro from taunt to pet is busted on MOTM bosses. The agro from pet taunt will not go to the owner so if they are getting agro its cause they are bad at controlling it doesn't have anything to do with pet taunt.
  15. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Oh good call. I understand this is in next months patch with a backstab mod for all classic daggers.
  16. Roxas MM Augur

as what Boze says, i learned back in the day in 1999, aggro is a group effort to keep it on the tank. Hell even at 110 in TBL i can grab threat over any tank ( apart from aggro locking knight skills of course ). it's all part of the game.
  17. ispep New Member

To many ways to build agro now so even bad players shouldn't pull in classic.
    here are just a few examples
    Pet taunt on and tank spams taunt
    SK HT pull war taunts off
    Midnight Mallet spam
    Pally stun kite on pull
    Now once kunark hits you roll berate and bellow every 30 sec /lazymode on
  18. Ruination Elder

I have zero issues with agro on my warrior from classic unless someone is trying to pull agro.

That being said I love how you admit to using unsavory tactics by your words then judge others in the same breath for using a different one.

Your hands must be sore from gripping that coat-tail
    Tweakfour17 and Sebbunw like this.
  19. Xhartor Augur

Endurance regen forces warriors to use lower level from that line in exp groups. If you are hitting the current version on every kill you end up running out of endurance, and there aren't any buffs to help with regen either.
  20. Tyranthraxus Grognard

even worse if you like to tank multiple targets and use cyclone. endurance regen really needs a look.