DPS DISPARITY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zandez, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Zandez Lorekeeper

So over the last few expansion's, DPS seems to be a bit out of whack. When looking at fully raided geared toons (best in slot). Generally Zerker/Rogue top dogs and Monks not far behind. As they should be on top as they are true DPS classes. 4th, 5th, 6th can vary in no particular order Necro's, Bst, Ranger depending on mob/length of fight etc... Lately in grp content hell tanks are out dpsing dps classes at times.

So I see two opportunities, the dps gap between from Zerker/Rogue and other dps classes needs to be closed up a bit. And all dps classes should have an uptick in DPS, tanks types should not out dps, dps classes.

Flame on for the haters lol
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Look at reuse timers on burns. Look at synergy vs not. There is most of your answers.
  3. Cadira Augur

Tanks: Increase pally base dps a bit. Nerf huge increase in dps from 2h stance slightly. Make it negate lich effects while active (The idea that you can survive better with a 2h out, in any circumstance, is preposterous).
    Bards: Increase their auto attack dps a bit. Make their ADPS more appealing to casters and not entirely better for melee.

Ranger: Give em some way to get some mana back now and then, otherwise probably in a good spot imo.
    Zerk: Decrease auto attack dps a bit but bring some of the longer cool downs back down to Earth.
    Rogue: Probably in a good spot, maybe make their synergy a little more appealing somehow.

Monk: Drastically lower most of their disc cool down timers from their current archaic timers.
    Beast: Can't complain imo. Wouldn't hate the melee dps to be a tiny bit higher but we do alright either way.
    Druid: Give em some better way to get some mana back now and then.

Wizard: Holy J**** literally do god damned anything. Recreate ae's from the ground up, find someway to increase sustained dps, make Mana Burn..... ya know, Mana Burn again.
    Necromancer: Nerf.
    Enchanter: Un-nerf dot dps a bit.
    Mage: Fix lag so pets do stuff again. Think they do pretty good dps right now though? Idk really.
    Micaiah and Yinla like this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

I think it’s time for them to introduce, Triple Cast.
    Coagagin likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Warrior auto-attack DPS needs a huge buff. Especially while dual wielding. It just doesn't scale enough with ADPS.
    Cadman and Sancus like this.
  6. Szilent Augur

This perspective is heavily distorted by the particular company you're keeping. Others do not observe the dps tiering as you describe it.
    Astral64, Drogba, Maedhros and 6 others like this.
  7. Cadman Elder

Indeed... While they're at it, Warrior Axes/Broadswords could use some lovin' too
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I'll be honest, it's hard to take the original poster seriously when necromancers aren't topping the parse. Except for Zlandicar, if your necros aren't crushing everyone ... it's time to get better necros. There's a gap between our zerkers and rogues/everything else on the cycle combined, but event to event can be close.

Nothing should be touched in class balancing without working on the lag though. I'm sure we weren't the only ones who watched CoV T1 events not be able to process their scripts because the lag was so bad. Until this problem is dealt with, changes probably aren't going to matter.

The idea that certain classes are 'true dps' classes and therefore balance doesn't really apply needs to be retired. For example, if raid forces aren't judging their druids by how much dps they produce (without being a total nitwit as a healer), they are missing out. You're either getting hit, healing, or damaging ... and most of the raid is in the damaging part. Not everyone is going to be equal, but when you have years of parses where you can pretty much lineup the classes for the top 20 spots every single cycle, regardless of who is playing the class ... there's probably some imbalance there.

To some degree, I don't care where I am on the parse (I'm lucky to crack the top ten ... if I was a necro, I'd probably be more concerned). What I care about is that what I am doing actually matters (as in a player at the keyboard > than a pre-event script you could write and just follow) and that I have choices to make during an event. Too much stuff stacks ... needs to be spread out more on all classes so that real decisions can be made. There still might be a 'best way', but at least there might be multiple ways to be close to optimal.
    Knifen and Verily Tjark like this.
  9. Slasher Augur

Necros are clearly #1 and its not even close they do 1.5-2x the dps of everyone else on pretty much every event but zlandicar. After that who cares until you fix that.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. DruidCT Augur

Preach it! It's embarassing.
    Cadira and Tatanka like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There has always been a DPS disparity between classes. :confused:
  12. p2aa Augur

Yeah, if necros aren't topping your parses, your guild has a problem.

Regarding tank DPS,some non tank keeping complaining about tanks, in the last expansions not a single warrior for example has asked for a DPS upgrade. And guess what ? Devs gave to tanks this expansion only DPS increases, I even underlined it in beta forum, I asked if the dev didn't mistake us for a DPS class as we are a tank class, and never got any answer from the AA dev.
    So at this stage, it's looking like devs disagree with you, but also don't listen to the players of said class and give them upgrades in things they never asked for.
    This is so fun.
  13. Verily Tjark Augur

^^

Let's talk about the real issues first.
  14. Zaknaffein Augur

The DPS disparity in terms of where classes land on the pars in relation to where they "should be" is all relative to the length of the event and what ADPS you get.

Warriors could use some increases to our burst DPS, that is events around 5 to 10 minutes in duration. :)
  15. Slasher Augur

You can give any none necro perfect ADPS they will still not even be in the same galaxy as a necro in the parse. If this were baseball necros are hitting .400 and going to the HOF and everyone else is hitting .250 in single A.
  16. Ibudin Augur

Calling for a nerf on a particular class isn't allowed on the forums, I suspect you'll get a warning.
  17. Cadira Augur

Cool sorry, bro.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

It's impossible to properly parse out class DPS. One of our mages had a sustained 700k DPS and ranked #1 on a 20 minute event. This mage has parsed out everything, knows exactly which spells to cast and when to maximize synnergy. He uses crafted pants on his pet. He melee's between casts for extra weapon procs. He is pushing the envelope.

In addition to this, I was grouped with him and used IoG/Haze 3 times, Spire 5 times and proced beguilers synnergy, I want to say, 160 times.

We also had a bard and if the druid didn't use great wolf on time he asked for it.

Compare this to other groups where the ENC used IoG twice, spire none, no great wolf, and procced beguiler's synnergy 40% less. One mage in the raid has 700k sustained DPS and another has 300k DPS. Same class, same raid, different synnergy.

There are so many factors to consider. For example, a lot of tanks have gone pure DEX for heroics, a lot of melee has. In the mean time synnergy for casters is massive amounts of DPS and it's being improperly used and under utilized in so many cases.

Is there room for some tuning? Absolutely, but the variables are so incredibly diverse I don't know how that could be done properly.
    minimind and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. Razorfall Augur

Pretty much anything is in a good spot except for wizards chanters and necros.

Necros are OP atm because they double dipped on the dot improvements.
    Chanters can use a little more dps.

I feel bad for wizards. They are struggling hard atm
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

As much as I would love to do uber DPS, we (ENC) are doing okay. Our main goal is to do aDPS and support functions. I'd have to double check, but I think I am doing about 200k sDPS for an event. However I can bring several hundred DPS to a group. Truth is an ENC that is too high on the parse is probably under performing. It's time to compare casts of tash, slow, haste, C, guards, synnergy and AA burns.

ENC do need some love in the mana recovery department, and charm is lacking on risk vs reward right now.

Wizards though, they need to be hitting like zerkers and rogues. They seriously need attention.