Fixed Cobalt Scar LD spot

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Svann2, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Was running out to shark area and my bard LD'd. Wiz back at port in did not. Both characters on same computer but different accounts. Logged back in no problem and got to corner. Then started my wizard running over and he LD'd in the same spot (afaict). Logged him back in and took the location as 427.13, -1303.25, -29.62 in base pick. Both times logged in in the same spot I lost connection, meaning no rollback.

edit: ok maybe its not just a spot. Same thing happened a few minutes later as I was scouting. Zone has issues.
    Barton, Arcos, Petalonyx and 2 others like this.
  2. Kumane New Member

3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I guess I should have asked first if its all servers or just Bristlebane. I assumed it was a general problem with Cobalt Scar, but its possible it could just be an issue on Bristlebane. Happening to so many that people have abandoned the zone to the point where there are no picks - which is unusual. Confirmed to happen even with default ui.

edit: an added point of info is that after it happens the mouse is invisible at server select, but you can still use tab.
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

This was happening the other night to my mage friend. It seemed to be he would LD in the water in Cobalt Scar, also on BB server.

It took him a while to run to WW...

I had no issues.
  5. Duder Augur

This has not happened to me but I have heard from other folks on BB within my guild of this occurring as well.
  6. Petalonyx Augur

BB Server as well, just happened to 3 chars, boxing, about 3 min apart, only when the characters went exploring underwater in the open area northwest of the zone in.

It's a black hole!

Edit: One of the characters was approaching the area from the north and went LD at about -788, +1520. The other LD events were farther east, approaching from othmir camp when they went LD.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

8. Verily Tjark Augur

Happening to me right now on BB server in Cobalt Scar... 2nd LD so far while looking for shinies underwater
    Svann2 and Redeemabelle like this.
  9. Redeemabelle New Member

Happened to me last night in CS (on BB also) I made it thru CS fine but when my boxes were in the tunnel up in the SG section to get over the waterfall, they all crashed to server select. I had another friend in CS in the water and he crashed to sever select at about the same time.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Copied Svann to test server and does not seem to be a problem there.
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

Hmm, maybe has to do with the flying sharks? They fixed that on test.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. niente Developer

Cobalt Scar 2 has been restarted on BB, let us know if this keeps happening.
    Barton and Svann2 like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Seems to have fixed it thanks.