[Suggestion] Elemental Crate (Successor to Racial Heritage Crates)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Jan 11, 2021.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

It would be really cool to have new crate items based on the four elements: Fire, Air, Earth, Water. In place of armor ornaments, the crate would contain themed weapon ornaments. They could be different color iterations of the Royal Antonican weapon ornaments. It would also include 1 mount, 1 illusion, and 1 familiar with stat bonus as 'very rare.' Mount models could be based on EQ2 art. Furniture items could be based on decor in various elemental planes or TBL zones.

Fire Crate:
    Illusion: Fire Giant
    Mount: Fiery Horse
    Familiar: Torch of Alna (Increase spell damage).
    Red weapon ornaments.

Air Crate:
    Illusion: Cyclops
    Mount: Air Pegasus
    Familiar: Broom of Trilon (Increase movement speed)
    White weapon ornaments.

Earth Crate:
    Illusion: Hill Giant
    Mount: Earthen Wyvern
    Familiar: Shovel of Ponz (Melee damage mitigation)
    Green weapon ornaments.

Water Crate:
    Illusion: Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar
    Mount: Water Serpent
    Familiar: Stein of Ulissa (Spell resist increase).
    Blue/turquoise weapon ornaments.

*Based on the demand and success of the 'Ice Giant Facade', more giant illusions would be in a high demand.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Hekaton Augur

at the rate their going it wouldn't be for a couple years yet but its a cool idea. I was thinking about this sometime ago and thinking of like a discordian crate or a mayong crate since those and their ilk turn up in more than one expansion
    ZenMaster likes this.
  3. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Yes. We are down to a handful of racial crates. I think it would be quite difficult to do a Vah Shir or Drakkin crate because of the lack of Velious armor.

Those are great ideas.

I expect 1-3 years to see possible successor crates. I like the idea of the 4 elements since it is simple but touches on a lot of EQ themes like the Elemental Planes or Jann races.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

I’d rather they make real content instead of more crappy gambling boxes. It’s great from a RMT perspective, but Live expansions are becoming dollar store toilet paper thin.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Cosmetics will help to keep the game afloat just like in any other game. These cosmetics would also target TLP players.

I am hoping that by removing new armor suits it will save on resources. Weapon ornaments could be reskins so the process could be streamlined.

I do not want this to become a political thread.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

It’s not even political. It’s gambling, no question. You’re asking the game to be worse by putting the “cool” cosmetics in gambling boxes. You want the game to survive by abusing another person’s addiction. It’s awful.

Also, if they’re going to add more or this crap I’m just gonna keep selling it for real money like the old LoN stuff.
  7. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

You are 100% entitled to your opinion on the crates. Please open your own thread on the subject if you want to pursue that topic.
  8. KrakenReality Augur

Why would I have to do that? This thread is an appropriate topic for discussing abusing addictions for profit. Also, EQ1 has made plenty of money they just don’t reinvest back into it. So, now we’re stuck with crappy, unethical ideas like yours on top of paying for a subscription and expansions.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Don't worry ZenMaster.

KrakenReality (forum member since October 2020) is not aware gambling has been broached at least twice yearly. lol.

He needs to search the forums.
  10. KrakenReality Augur

There he is, the heritage crate guy. Always promoting the newest iteration. I’m surprised it took you so long.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I know you may be new to the forums since you joined a few months ago. The debate about crates and gambling becomes very political. People literally start to quote the laws for and against crates. Everyone brings up the economics. I'll probably quote Moorgard (former EQ2/Vanguard dev, WoW Creative Lead) about how Vanguard had to sunset after crate revenue dried up. You are basically beating a dead horse.
  12. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

How about this?

I don't care whether the cosmetics go in a crate or a bundle.

Please take this debate out of this suggestion thread. Thank you.
  14. KrakenReality Augur

So, you’re attributing Vanguards failure to not being able to continually manipulate their whales’ gambling addiction?
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Moving the discussion to the loot box thread. I am not in the mood to get reported and suspended for derailment.
  16. minimind The Village Idiot

Are you suggesting full-sized giant illusions or, like, ogre-sized?
    ZenMaster likes this.
  17. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Ogre-sized. It would be up to the developers.
  18. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

The crates could be called:

Efreeti Heritage Crate / Djinn Heritage Crate / Duende Heritage Crate / Ondine Heritage Crate

Plane of Fire (Aalishai) Treasure Chest / Plane of Air (Esianti) Treasure Chest / Plane of Earth (Mearatas) Treasure Chest / Plane of Water (Loruella) Treasure Chest

The statistic buffs from the chase familiars would be relatively minor (+5% on offensive buffs, +2-3% on defensive buffs) in line with achievement familiars and LoN familiars if at all.

Each crate could drop a housing placeable Jann book. If you collect all 4 for an achievement, you will be rewarded with a Noble Dojorn (old efreeti) illusion.
  19. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

EQ is still around in 2024!!! We are down to the Guktan and Drakkin crates (after Vah Shir)? I'd love to same Efreeti, Djinn, Duende, and Ondine crates if pursued over the next few years.

*A bump for the AMA thread.