CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

As close as I can get to it, yes. It has been a week or so since I have run it, I will get back in there and see what all I can do to avoid it.
  2. Tucoh Augur

https://obsproject.com/

Let's see the vid.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Using a cleric merc isn't soloing =P

Zland's dps output is too much to handle for a paladin off the top with 2her. Especially if you claim to use destruction glyph (that is just dumb, use intensity instead and use dragon glyph).

Maybe I'll go try it, but I've seen tanks in dps mode go splat when the healer wasn't ready off the top for it (SK then I died right off the top in fact, because SK was full dps mode but forgot to click epic or something, and I had 2her out and immediately died before I could even bando out to sheild, just the other day, Bloodyaxe (zerker) ended up tanking it the rest of the time for the minute it was alive, once the healer wasn't surprised). Oh, and I'm mostly dex (more dex than you have an 350 more hagi as well) too, so it isn't that.

Now, with a cleric merc, start with deflection and 1her, get it slowed with helix, then hit dragon glyph and THEN burn 2her, that should be doable. But blood drinkers doesn't heal enough to make up for the effect of 2h proficiency negatives. SK epic is enough though, if you're lucky, but if you have that, why are you tanking anyway =P, and again, not soloing.
    Maedhros likes this.
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

So I've run Crusaders quite a few times since the test patch and I still question who they are targeting this for. The spell damage alone pretty much require it to be a cleric main healing and even an optimized mostly tov t2 raid gear group (ber had tbl raid t2 raid weapons) these are not fast fights with a sk, brd, cleric - 3 ber about as high dps as you get.

I'm sure this will be tuned down in a month again so actual groupers can get done the content but Crusaders is no easier post patch and short of a lucky run I don't see a group geared team getting done this content with any degree of regularity.

Vulak is fairly balanced if tough for groupers. Zlandi is probably to easy but it is what it is. Aaryonar is just buggy as all hell (half the time you get only two orbs and not 4) so that needs to be corrected and maybe make it so the auras don't rotate but it's doable. Crusaders however remains by far the hardest mission and I would argue no group geared team is regularly completing this mission - the spell damage is just too high.

Honestly this just feels like artificial gating that they will change when they realize how few groupers get done this mission but I don't get why this mission exists as it does with group progression behind it. TBL progression which had a lot of complaints does not even begin to approach the difficulty of crusaders in this format - if zones were locked behind the content we'd have this forum in flames I'm sure.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Patch test patch notes says this is going down to 2 orbs, never see it only do 2, but I've not bothered with is since we beat it.
  6. Vaeeldar Augur

Interesting I need to double check this and I’ll run it a few more times today. I’ve been focused on crusaders as I see this as the biggest issue. the two times I ran Aaryonar I ran the orbs into earth and they still exploded in a not so good way. I may have been late though because i kept waiting for the 4 orbs.

I’m still convinced this mission is doable if a pain - sort of like cliffs in TBL. not so sure about crusaders - it’s no easier and I’d say potentially spikier damage.
  7. Cadman Elder

You'd be wrong unfortunately, the spell damage is only too high if you let it power up. My regular group group can knock this down fairly quickly.

Either need to be faster (3 Zerks should be plenty fast enough, if they're not, sounds like they're holding back for some reason) or send people to follow the emotes to disable each power up.

Basically you need enough dps for adds not to spawn, or slow down and follow the emotes.
    keiferoni and Yinla like this.
  8. Zulan Lorekeeper

Lol you're so far off. Glad your regular group group can knock this out, but it's overtuned to the max. Just watched a ToV raid geared warrior blow up while running Glyph.

This is by far the LEAST fun mission of all time. Nobody farms this for coin, it's literally done out of necessity for completion. I'd love to see some statistics for actual mission completion, probably the last mission completed consistently due to poor design. Sorry Devs, but this one hit the bs meter really high.
  9. Duder Augur

If you think this mission is hard take a look at the group's DPS, it is anything but hard, in group or raid gear as long as you bring DPS. It's clear that it is designed to get harder the longer you take, just like the raid. Just like velks in ToV. If the tank was blowing up there is likely issue elsewhere, as in ran out of discs, got hit by too many aes because it's been dragging on, didn't get adequate heals, any number of things. Bring more DPS.
    Cadman and Sissruukk like this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Try holding burns till 2nd dragon.
    Cadman likes this.
  11. Bederper Journeyman

It's a 2 minute mission. Does it need to be de-tuned further ?
  12. FranktheBank Augur

I counter with 'The Call' which I dropped from my rotation.

I run crusaders -> aary -> zlandi and say screw it to vulak unless i need to help someone with achievements.
  13. Bederper Journeyman

Interesting, i fken hate the randomness of the Arryonar mission. My routine is, Zlandicar>>CS>>EW. snooze
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Best rotation is obviously ST, CS, zland, ary
    Only 1 gate back needed, and can use CS statue if guild has off night raid going (so dont change portal!)
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Crusaders is an absolute pushover mission using casters and pet tanks. It's laughable how easy it is.

Melee heavy using plate tank? I hope you know every single mechanic in the mission by heart and no one screws up. Boxing using melee and a plate tank? You're doomed. :D
  16. FranktheBank Augur

I swap aary and zlandi. I burn 2nd dragon in crusaders and 20min burns arent back until middle/end of aary.
  17. Tucoh Augur

Uhoh.

Came back to EQ and rolled into Crusaders with ToV group gear, got flattened a couple times. Did they nerf this event this year?
  18. aozs Augur

Heh, I had the exact same experience back in May. Just gotta load up the heavy healing tools with a melee team since wild rampage on top of the other AoEs can get real hairy.

Or you can just burn the whole thing and it turns into a farm fest like ToV Velk's mission.
  19. Windance Augur

You need enough HP to survive the AE + AE Rampage.

I had a lot of trouble with this event while I was in ToV gear. You pretty much need to have top end CoV group gear to survive it.

I've done the mission with raid geared toons vs group geared pugs and the difference is night and day.

As with most events ... raid geared folks who have no problems surviving the AEs and have the DPS to burn though the mission make it seam trivial.
  20. Tucoh Augur

It's funny that I replaced my cleric with a paladin. The pal is working great so far, and his AA situation is as bad as my knowledge on how to play him properly, but I do miss the DI / Health Aura / Group Healing from the cleric.