Fixed Internally Restless Ore dropping from trash

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tuhwin, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Vaeeldar Augur

Interesting so I’ve camped about 100 ores so far (stopped before Xmas as I got bored) in group gear boxing 6. Now RNG can be rough and I’ve hit as low as 2 an hour but other times I’ve also ha an hour with 6. There is no reason a group of 6 people should not be able to pull 3 an hour in today. With the reduction you are looking about 1 per hour and 15 minutes.

You are also assuming missions will only drop one ore, in tov they dropped two.

Sorry you might not like the changes but my numbers are certainly backed up by reality. A long day run of 6 people getting 6 ores? That’s 2 hours of work. So now it’s going to be 3 and you can do a mission to get 2 more....
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You're getting extremely lucky. Most of the time I see it being about 4 times that to get close to 6 ores. 2 hours is typically is maybe 1 or 2, on rare occasions 3.
  3. Vaeeldar Augur

Whats your kill rate? I’ve gotten to know a lot of the campers doing as much as i do and we are all seeing at least 3 an hour. But then I’m slightly higher in my group at about 90-100 mobs an hour.

To carify I camp this with my highest dps setup bard 3 ber, shaman and a sk - so I do expect slightly higher kill rates but being tata I’m boxing and the other groups are very easily seeing 2-3 an hour this doesn’t seem out of wack. Especially when zlandi will be a simple 5 minute ore each day. Minimum.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

On average around 60-70 in most groups, the groups are random and thus not built to ultra high dps. It is also typical that the further you get away from higher kill counts the slower drop rates become. As I stated before, for your average group, one does not see those kind of drop rates. Especially when they are competing with other high drop rates like yours in the same areas. There are plenty of mobs but the ones who kill faster are more likely to get the spawns with the drops than the ones who kill slower. Then you cut the drop rate by 4, and adding a single drop from Zlandi is not going to make up for it for these groups.
  5. Ayragon New Member

I personally like the idea that trash can drop useful and usable rewards. The difference between ToV Tradeskill gear and CoV tier1 gear is so minor its hardly worth the effort to upgrade. Jumping straight from ToV T3 gear to CoV T3 gear is awesome.

A group geared warrior in T3 ToV gear gets slaughtered in CoV tier 2 zones, and every mission. At least now some of us have a chance to have some fun.

Just remember the people who about these drops are always the people that don't need them, or have already collected all they need.

Who is it hurting really, the game is about having fun.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and OldCa61 like this.
  6. Vaeeldar Augur

FRakly and honestly it’s too high of a drop rate right now. At 70 mobs you’ll see about 1 per 1hr 15/20 minutes which is what i said at 1%. When zlandi gets adjusted we don’t know if it’s one drop or two like griks from tov. If it’s like tov then I think the average group should be able to gear up pretty quickly, just like tov, between zlandi and the ores. Right now though it rains ores. Lots of people running around in 22 items already.
  7. Vaeeldar Augur

That war has no aa then because I entered COV in t2 (no t3 at all) group gear Sk. The first night I picked off 5 named in DN.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its just written confusingly. Dont think so hard and the answer will be plain
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The fact that you have, does not mean that everyone else does. There are numerous other people in this thread who have contrary experiences to you own. It doesn't come close to raining ores for the average group geared group. Ngreth's already said that chests will only have a single ore drop, but guaranteed. The people in 22 items that are in your average group geared group are few and far between, and typically such because the group explicitly chose to give all their ores to a single person until fully geared, usually the group's tank. Or they have spent the several (4+) hours every day farming them, which your average player does not have time to do. Those that distribute the ores evenly don't have near don't have near that many, especially those who only don't play 25+ hours a week.

Also, the chest loots are independent of the drop rate.
  10. MiataDriver Augur

Took me 55 Dracoliches to get 4 crystalized.
  11. JeffHanson Augur

What's confusing about it? The drop rate needed to be reduced by a factor of 3 or 4, so he reduced it by a factor of 12 or 16.

Personally, this change made me decide not to buy this expansion. I will let my account lapse when it comes up for renewal soon. It seems that people who don't box or have a regular group aren't allowed to make progress in EQ. (No, you can't have my stuff.)
  12. Vaeeldar Augur

HE actually reduced it by a factor of 3 to 4.....

there is stuff worth complaining about this expansion but gearing up is not it. It’s easier to get t3 than previous expansion and you can still get a free drop or two in a grind on plain xp mobs each night.

If I were to pick where casuals are getting screwed it’s the progression. I ran through TBL progression no problem. I ran crusaders a few times today and it might be slightly easier but not really and in some cases spell damage appear higher (spikier for sure). still need to do some more testing but i think the damage is still insanely high even for t2 tov raid gear.

Aaryonar is still buggy as hell with the orbs (lot of times I only get two vs 4) and the way the auras switch it’s a bit of a nightmare for most groups.

The progression locks up grouper spell progression which sucks for a lot of classes. I just don’t see too many completing progression this expansion - I’m shocked not more complaining about it.
    Svann2 likes this.
  13. Thunderkiks Augur

He could have easily hot fixed this but decided to leave it for 6 weeks. You could have easily farmed what your characters needed in that time.
    smash and Fenthen like this.
  14. Moege Augur

Need to bring the world down for it to change droprate, not so easy after all.
  15. Tegila Augur

Note: you don't have to wait 6 hrs to farm nameds, who should drop them after patch too. I've seen some that take forever to spawn, and others than will spawn several times in one repop if you kill as they poo.
  16. smash Augur

You have had a month to farm them, and should be more than enough time to get those.

And sounds more like you already decided not to buy the expansion already and to say I quit

And you should get your numbers correct, it is not by factor 12 - 16, but factor 3-4. And it was needed.

I know some who farmed 100+ ores.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe now CS/WW wont be so laggy.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. JeffHanson Augur

You keep saying this with absolutely no evidence. It's also in direct conflict with what Ngreth said.

He said it was dropping at a rate of 3% and it's being reduced to 0.25%. That's reducing it by a factor of 12.

I know you will say the 2d2 roll will come into play, but we have no evidence for that. I guess we will find out over the next week.
  19. JeffHanson Augur

Let's check. The stated new drop rate is 0.25%.

Assume it was mistakenly dropping at 4%. Here 4% / 16 = 0.25%.

Assume instead that it was dropping at 3%. Here 3% / 12 = 0.25%.

Again, people keep claiming the new drop rate will be 0.75% or 1%. I do hope you are correct, but that's not what Ngreth said. He said it will be 0.25%.
  20. smash Augur

If you read from what the dev said. It was supposed to drop with 1%, but due to some code, it actually dropped with 4%

So to correct that to 1%, he divided by 4 = which it then ended up to 1%.
    Remember there is still the 4 , the extra code that makes it impossible to set up ratio directly, but have to make some spaghetti code, ending up with 1%.