Could We Please Implement Autogrant Merc AAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by menown, Jan 13, 2021.

1. menown Augur

These Merc AAs are ridiculously tedious to grind out. At this point, it is faster to do Overseers everyday than to grind experience with a mercenary out. I feel sorry for those who are returning to the game and realizing how slow these AAs will come. If there is only room in the group for 1 mercenary, the person who usually has the most merc AAs will get to pop theirs, making no progress for the recent returnee in group to get merc AA experience.

Implement the autogrant merc AAs the same way current AAs are done, by expansion X number prior to current expansion release.

Please add this feature!
    Raccoo, Warpeace, Fian and 2 others like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

NO, you will grind and like it per the patch notes.

Up hill both ways
    Metanis and Qelil like this.
  3. Mazame Augur

no thank you. I worked hard for my merc aa's don't take that away from me.

People work hard to get leadership aa only to have them give to all as a hand out.
    I don't understand why people what thing given to them for free rather then working for them? Merc aa are not a "must have" they don't need to given out with out effort.
    Coagagin likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you had the ability to use them for longer. Mercs gain a lot of usability from those AA and saying that players can't fully utilize them because they didn't spend enough time grinding merc AA in lower level content doesn't make a lot of sense.
  5. Lisard Silly

how to max Merc AA

Step 1. bring merc out to play
    Step 2. /overseer
    Step 3. Claim Normal XP reward (not merc reward)
    Step 4. Profit
    Optional Step 5. Purchase Daybreak Cash and buy early completions
    Scornfire, Sokki and Riou like this.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Equating grinding with working hard is perhaps some other discussion but if "work" is a requirement, at least provide an option to convert player AA to merc AA.
    Yinla and Barton like this.
  7. smash Augur

It is boring to be max for more than a year
  8. DruidCT Augur

Overseer already gives the speedup. As a returning player (again) I found even the overseer a bit of a cheat.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Mazame Augur

I grind-ed all my bst merc AA and it was something to do. With over seer people are getting merc aa already quicker then ever before. One quest gives you .25 to 1 aa for very little effort. meaning you could get 1 to 5 merc aa every 6 hours. if you can't bother to do that and are asking for a auto grant hand out then I am sorry you are lazy.

Their are 5 mec groups ( melee, healer, tank , caster , general) most people use 1 type of merc so to max the effectiveness of your merc you only have to complete the the general and they class type.

Again not hard to do but it show those that put in the work vs those asking for a free hand out.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I, too, worked hard for my merc AAs. Unlike you, though, I would be glad to see autogrant AAs for mercs.
    Fian, Nolrog and Barton like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not hard? Not many people are going to be able to keep up the maximum rate and it will still take at least 6 months of focusing overseer just on that to max them. This is also not considering that people will need to do other types of quests such as recruitment and collection missions if they still need those as well.
    Barton likes this.
  12. KrakenReality Augur

1) Nobody is taking anything away from you.

2) Merc AA and Merc design are in direct contrast with each other.
    Vumad, Kaenneth and Barton like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Seems a fair request being that there is autogrant for normal aas.
    But not everything in EQ is fair or has to be.
  14. Barton The Mischievous

I agree making Merc AA easier in the future is not taking things away or punishing people who ground them out and had the use of them previously. imo
    Fian likes this.
  15. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I get there are several ways people look at this but I think the interpretation that a hand out is being asked for is way off. The way I gather the OP is looking at it and possibly a majority of others is, it is better for the game overall if you take some of these things that were built up over years and consistently condense the grind of catching up on them to where the majority of players that you want to play with are when you are building a new character or coming back after a break. Just options, options that also support the game continuing, not let me have everything free.

If you played/worked/grinded/enjoyed/whatever all the content up to now, that's cool, I feel like you got your money's worth. On my main, I actually prefer to play fully through everything no matter how far behind I am, but on an alt I just want it caught up to play in current content if I missed an expansion.

I am in the camp that thinks they should continue to provide a way to buy a heroic character that let's someone start the game very close if not in current content. If I buy the latest expansion, I get all the others for "free", why force me to grind out so much of the power increases that are really needed to play where just about everyone else is going to be? Let me buy a higher priced expansion version that sets me up with some minimal playability in that expansion.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Celephane Augur

Seriously? That's the word you came up with?
    Zynt likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It's probably not a bad idea at some point at least. I am guessing daybreak will say just play overseer though.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Could we also maybe remove Innate Spell Resist as a Mercenary AA? It absolutely blows my mind that they decided to make that an AA at level 100 for mercenaries when characters were capped on resists for the past 10 years.

Furthermore lets add some more AAs that make mercenaries not suck so bad. Melee DPS merc belt should have haste, and melee DPS mercs should be able to 50% haste buffs themselves like everyone with a Djinn illusion or Cragbeast Belt already can. Tank Merc needs more than just XYZ Stand + Fortitude disc. Throw him Finish the Fight as well. Also Tank Merc shouldn't do 0 DPS, tanks do moderate DPS with just autoattack now a days, mercenary should also. Caster DPS merc needs Twincast spell and overall needs chance to critical nuke. Healer merc is more or less fine.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sounds to me like someone took notice of the Merc improvements coming up and felt it was to big of an achievement to have to deal with and they would no longer be one of the few who already maxed their Merc AA so they want them all auto granted.

Coming soon in patch near you (per test update)

- Several new ranks have been added to the following mercenary AAs:
    - - Improved Health
    - - Improved Mana
    - - Improved Melee Defense
    - - Improved Spell Resistance
    - - Furious Wrath
    - - Steadfast Resolve
    - - Subtle Magic
    - - Healing Acumen
    - - Subtle Strikes
    - - Rising Fury
    - - Silent Arcanum
    - - Mystic Destruction
    Coagagin and Mazame like this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well the new ones would be exempt from an auto grant for now and anyone who is currently maxed would see nothing from an auto grant system at this time.