2 Million Plat Bazaar Limit? About time to fix it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tryal Anderror, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

I feel like the game has been rubbing against this limits for a long long time now, but its becoming much more common that certain things exceed 2 million as a platinum price, the inflation has been inevitable and increasing.

I'm sure the limit has something to do with 32 bit numbers or whatever since its calculated in coppers, not plat.

But can't we set some other means of exchange as automated? People do just trade kronos, but that's all manual, people shouting out auctions and stuff in general chats.
    There must be some way to add like a Velium coin or a 1 million plat voucher or something and let people say on an automated trader that the item costs 6 vouchers or like 7 vouchers+500,000plat

A lot of EQ's past has been full of stuff like stats being capped at 255 because of 8 bit numbers, but there's got to be some work around for this at this point that isn't just manual spamming.
  2. Leigo You come here often?

Pretty sure the answer to this was "No" and had been for some time. :(
  3. Mazame Augur

umm only reason Krono stay at the 2 mil 2.1 mil mark is because of this cap. if the Baz could sell them at 3 mil that would be the new standard.

all other items besides Knono's that sell for more then 2 mil sell in general chat.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Literally why they added Nobles. You guys are uninformed.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Nobles don't do anything in the bazaar, they're only useful for Marcia Attamilgad.
  6. seber Augur

hell no stop be so dam greedy
    Coagagin and Qelil like this.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It isn't about greed. Some items are simply worth more than 2,000,000 platinum.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have said many times that they can't due to the way money is stored in the system and the bazar converting prices to copper on the back end and that fixing this would require a lot of work and potential risk of things going wrong.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

Our Krono are up to 3.5m each right now, so it's nothing but spam in general chat for items / raid gear / krono / etc.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

No, the answer was "not necessary yet". Its not an easy fix, but they arent saying never.
  11. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

Yeah, I understand that, that part is in the post.
    The alternative is you use a different thing which is not denominated in that same scale, but has a fixed conversion rate.
    That would circumvent the pricing system they're having.

There's like 50 'alternative currencies' it would be trivial to treat another item as a currency at this point.

Well, Krono does not stay fixed at 2.1, it's about 3.5 on my server, it just depends on your server if its higher or lower.

And yeah, people sell all day in general chat... which is exactly what people find annoying in the first place. Every 30 seconds people are buying and selling Krono in particular because they can't be set up in Barter for the real price.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yes, the idea for Nobles was a "New Currency" higher than platinum. It was a good idea but not being able to buy/sell in the bazaar with them made it a failed idea. If they made it so you could price an item in Baz for say 30 Nobles (Approx. 3 mil) or whatever price in Nobles, that would be amazing. I'm guessing it's not an easy task to update the Baz code to allow this or it probably would of already been done.
    Yinla and Nennius like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Leave the 2 mil limit alone.
    Elyssanda and Qelil like this.
  14. Sobmre Augur

once the posts asking for this hits 2mill then they might increase the limit. but probably not
  15. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

It seems almost impossible to believe it would be that difficult. Every single expansion they add in new vendors using 2 new currencies.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Hopefully new means of handling items, like Dragons Hoard, can lead to new options; imagine being able to set for sale prices on any tradable item in your DH, and being able to search that new marketplace, offline or online, without having to use /trader.

Now that items can exist in a new database, new options become available.
  17. Qelil Augur

Now that plat is easy to buy and sell I evaluate the price of everything in EverQuest in terms of real money because whether one spends real money or not to get it, there is opportunity cost to consider. The 2 million, 4 million or more plat blown on some uber item of amazing stats or whatever could have been turned into x months of pre-paid playtime as one example. This is where no doubt somebody will tell me they have a lifetime account and so on. Fine but I think you get the point.

I picked up a few AoNs for alts recently for 50 cents a pop. That was a good deal vs going to Plane of Fear and getting them myself. Spending 2 or more Krono for anything? Naw, I don't think so but that's just me. To each their own.

I don't see the limit changing and don't care either myself. If they change anything, I would like to have the ability to move alts around on my accounts but we know that isn't happening either. Consider what now constitutes an annual expansion. They have bigger fish to fry than stuff like this, much bigger fishies. Investing money on fixing lag, adding substantially more content per expansion, etc. are far more important issues than trivia like this.

Don't like spam in your chat window? Filter it out then. Problem solved.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Its almost like the have a pattern for adding npc vendors and currencies to the game and that it might be different from how the bazaar works behind the scenes.
  19. Silver-Crow Augur

isn't this just an issue on FV with it's broken economy?
  20. Warpeace Augur

Yup apparently only FV players are posting asking for this:rolleyes:
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.